G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pure Definition of Stealership....PART 2 of why my car wouldn't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHA I knew it! That trick is crazy when it comes to prices. Dude i'm like their#1 customer for warranty work lol. Next time work with Dan Chastane.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
$544- Electrical Work...I guess my amp was still running when my car was turned off, so they ran a diagnostics test said I need new radio.

$165- Drive Belts showed cracking, needed to be replaced.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gdriver916
HAHA I knew it! That trick is crazy when it comes to prices. Dude i'm like their#1 customer for warranty work lol. Next time work with Dan Chastane.
LOL, so your not actually paying out of pocket. Must be nice

Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I dunno what to think about Sac Infiniti. Sometimes they're really cool and they take care of you and other times it seems like they just want to stick it to you. They to charge a whole lot though.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
he also fixed a no start issue?

you guys need to keep in mind thats not how it works at a dealership.. if a tech needs 30min to do a job he will ask for 1 hr.. why? because thats expected of them and they have the skills while you do not.. those of us that do yep we save alot.. those that do not.. hey you're paying for more then just labor.. your paying for the skill as well as labor and diag tools..

tech that worked on your car probably only makes 20 something per hour.. the system is set up so the tech flags more hours then what it takes to do the job.. thats why they're on a flagging system.. if not then we'll just pay the techs hourly..

yes a dealerships $$ is a little high but if its customer pay you're more then welcome to take it to a nissan dealership (those of you that say no are going to say because they do not take care of the cars etc..)

In the end - you get what you paid for.. when was the last the an independent shop can provide the same service and lounge a dealer does

Old 11-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Hell yeah. I use my warranty to the fullest. I just had an entirely new driver seat put it along with a new driver's side door panal. Any little and I mean little squeak, rattle, or whatever I take it in and have them fix it

Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
hahahah fo sho, thats true. Since they are installing it I can always go back to them and complain if theres a problem and they are more than happy (usually) to help you out.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, you got a point there. They do stand by their work, so i guess it might be worth it in the end. Depends on how you look at it.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Riverside infiniti had the best price for belts, even with shipping it is cheaper that what you payed at NAPA. The total cost after I had my mechanic install the belts was like 87$. That you RIVERSIDE!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone have the part numbers for the A/C and drive belts? Just had my 45K maintenance and my stealership neglected to tell me that one was cracking and the other is slightly torn! Hmmmm....

Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was charged $150 for new drive belts and a motul rear diff oil change. I think they didnt charge me for the labor since I was getting a new engine under warranty, actually 2 engines...the second seized up at 300 miles...tools!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
This ish reminded me on when I needed my car engine fixed and I took it to a local mechanic. He wanted to charge 700 to fix it, but would give me a special student discount of 10% off. I said no, had him diagnose the problem, went to my mechanic and he did it for $250.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm getting screwed by Sac Infiniti in Roseville. My car's under warranty, but they say that the part's not under warranty (because I got into an accident a while back, but the shop that the insurance works exclusively with replaced it with an OEM part). Now they're charging me both for the Diagnostic Fee AND to change out the radiator. Not even my fault and I just drive on the highway from Point A to Point B. What gives? Not even a loaner car because of the "out of warranty" on the part, yet the car is still under warranty. Sac Infiniti charges way too much. I checked with Kearny Mesa Infiniti in San Diego (where I used to get it serviced while I was living in SD) and they do so much more than Sac Infiniti.

Why do policies differ so much from dealership to dealership? Definitely won't be going back to Roseville Sac Infiniti after I get my car back. Makes me reluctant to even think about owning another Infiniti in the future... or just plain buying from Sacramento Infiniti.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockG
I'm getting screwed by Sac Infiniti in Roseville. My car's under warranty, but they say that the part's not under warranty (because I got into an accident a while back, but the shop that the insurance works exclusively with replaced it with an OEM part). Now they're charging me both for the Diagnostic Fee AND to change out the radiator. Not even my fault and I just drive on the highway from Point A to Point B. What gives? Not even a loaner car because of the "out of warranty" on the part, yet the car is still under warranty.
Go back to the dealer, and take the warranty booklet out of your glovebox. (Or wherever you keep it).

Show page 17 to the service manager, and point out the section on the page that says:

Nissan* warrants to correct defects in materials or
workmanship in all genuine Nissan replacement
parts, Genuine NISMO S-tune parts, and Genuine
Nissan accessories, distributed by Nissan North
America in the United States, installed and used on
Nissan or Infiniti

and the section that says:

the warranty on Genuine Nissan
replacement parts, Genuine NISMO S-tune parts,
and Genuine Nissan accessories installed in a
Nissan or Infiniti vehicle while the vehicle is covered
by a Nissan warranty, which would have covered
the part had it been installed in the vehicle at
manufacture will not end before the end of that
warranty.

Have the service writer explain that to you. It basically says that Nissan/Infiniti warranties ALL Nissan/Infiniti parts, and that the warranty will not end before the new car warranty if installed while the car is still under warranty.

This means, if the radiator is a Nissan radiator, IT IS COVERED, regardless if you were in an accident. It's only not covered if the radiator is damaged BECAUSE OF THE ACCIDENT.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by g35ctuner
NAPA A/C BELT- $18.46 NAPA P/S ALT. BELT- $19.82= 38.28 so, forty bux and an hour and half and your good to go. your other repairs must not have been under warranty.....
Thats just about what my dealer charged for the belts. It was the labor that sucked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pure Definition of Stealership....PART 2 of why my car wouldn't start