G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What is my coupe worth with a new engine under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What is my coupe worth with a new engine under warranty?

Whats my car worth with a new engine under warranty?

I just had my new engine installed from riverside infiniti so basically I have a fully loaded top of the line 2003 coupe with 44k on the chassis and 194 miles on the new engine.
Specs:
194 miles on new engine, 44k on chassis
Tranny was replaced under warranty, has roughly 25k
New driver seat leather, 1 year old perfect
New seat foam for both seats, 1 year old
Paint has 2 tiny tiny dings on doors and paint has been waxed/clay'd every 3 months with NXT etc.
Navigation, updated to late 05 edition disc
Brembo brakes, car will come with brand new Stoptech stage 2 set, slotted rotors, axxis pads, stainless steel lines, and motul fluid.
heated seats, leather is in great shape...looks new
Everyone that gets in thinks its a new car, i detail once a week
Over I rate the car a 9/10.

I kind of want to to cut my payments because of school and get a higher mileage Z, I know I will soon loath the Z because I will lose the luxury and the constant looks.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think its worth...see pics.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont know. to be honest, i wouldn't buy a car that had to have its engine replaced. i think that it woud seriously deprecaite the value. if i were you, i would lie and just say that its the original motor.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what happened to the old engine why did you have to replace it ?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I would keep that on the DL. I think it would be worth less than a car with the original engine.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
just say it runs like it did when you first got it

Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New tranny and engine? Wow, you either got a lemon or you beat the **** out of your cars.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
and may i add: new seat/seat upholstery haha what do you do in ur cars :P

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
those artys pictures dont help us either, i cant see a clear picture of the car lol

Old 01-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Does the Odo display the new mileage, or the mileage of the car itself? Im pretty sure dealers keep records of whats been done to the car, so im sure anyone who bought this car and brought it into an Infiniti dealership could possibly find out the history on the car. Generally, a car is frowned upon when its engine and transmission have been replaced (too many hands have touched the vehicle)

Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
new engine, new tranny, new seats, new brakes.....seriously, you'd have to pay me to take that car - it's pretty obvious you beat the **** out of it. Either that, or it's one hell of a lemon.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2EFNFAST
new engine, new tranny, new seats, new brakes.....seriously, you'd have to pay me to take that car - it's pretty obvious you beat the **** out of it. Either that, or it's one hell of a lemon.
New Engine = Oil consumption on the old one
New Transmission = Earlier transmissions werent the greatest
New Brakes = Whats the problem...Stoptech FTW
New Seats = Only a positive....

I dont see what the big deal is....

Like I said, the car itself is frowned upon when the drivetrain has been replaced, but if the car runs like new, I dont see what the problem is....especially when this was all done under warranty and by the dealer. Id say $24K

Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
lol hate to wake you noobs up but I basically had every part replaced that are very common issues with out G35's. The first engine consumed oil, the seat foam blows in our cars...that why almost all of us have a small wear spot closest to the driver when you get in, the beginning edge of the bolster, foam doesnt support the edges of the seat. The tranny was a problem in early 03 cars as well. So many people have had their engine replaced due to consuming oil, the tranny was slightly chattering and was replaced without a question at the dealership

If you're a noob, and not well versed in the common problems that our "luxury cars" have then dont answer.

If I really beat up my cars like you guys say, why would the dealership replace under warranty

Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
New Engine = Oil consumption on the old one
New Transmission = Earlier transmissions werent the greatest
New Brakes = Whats the problem...Stoptech FTW
New Seats = Only a positive....

I dont see what the big deal is....

Like I said, the car itself is frowned upon when the drivetrain has been replaced, but if the car runs like new, I dont see what the problem is....especially when this was all done under warranty and by the dealer. Id say $24K
Thanks Chilibowl, you are not a noob and can actaully see the situation. What would scare you about having a new engine, as long as it not from being in an accident. THE CAR IS 100% CLEAN TITLE AND IS GREAT CONDITION. I would be happy, its got 194 miles

Last edited by in2win; 01-02-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Same, I would buy the car without a doubt. Just like you said, if it has a clean title. I would say around 20k? But I think it depends on what the buyer thinks. If he lowballs your car, forget about him and move on.

But are you guys really serious, you would not buy a car with clean title and a new motor/tranny? wow, you should just sell your G then.
Thanks!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by in2win
lol hate to wake you noobs up but I basically had every part replaced that are very common issues with out G35's. The first engine consumed oil, the seat foam blows in our cars...that why almost all of us have a small wear spot closest to the driver when you get in, the beginning edge of the bolster, foam doesnt support the edges of the seat. The tranny was a problem in early 03 cars as well. So many people have had their engine replaced due to consuming oil, the tranny was slightly chattering and was replaced without a question at the dealership

If you're a noob, and not well versed in the common problems that our "luxury cars" have then dont answer.

If I really beat up my cars like you guys say, why would the dealership replace under warranty

People aren't newB's because they wouldn't buy a newer car with nonmatching motor, tranny, and frame. In general(not specific to G35's), those things are a sign that a car has had a history of problems which, in many cases, stems from either an owner that abused his car or an owner who neglected it. Hardly ever is it a sign of good things in the cars past. If you were to take a cross section of all cars on the market that have those same combination of things replaced on them, you'd probably find that 7 out of those 10 cars were that way due to the way the owner treated or mistreated the car.

Also.... the fact that the car has had a problem with it's motor and transmission in the past, even if it doesn't come from owner abuse... maybe does say something to the potential buyer about the reliability of that type of car in general(not your specific car, but all G35's with that motor and tranny). If you know that a certain type of motor/tranny is prone to problems... and they put another of the same motor/tranny in, who's to say that the same problem doesn't happen to that new motor/tranny 30K down the road in the future when it's out of warranty?

I'm far from a newB, but I wouldn't buy a car with all the things that you mentioned either unless I got a superkiller deal on it and was planning on modding the car heavily and didn't mind the fact that there may be some skeletons in the closet in terms of the cars history. I just don't see the point... why buy a car that has a potentially risky history when you can buy one that doesn't have a history for the same price? Most potential used-car buyers aren't well versed in all of the specific little details car-specific problems of every car on the market and don't know that some G35's had motor or tranny problems in those years.. so it's only natural for them to assume something bad when they see that both have been replaced in the car they are considering buying.

Try to take a look at the situation from the potential consumers(future buyer of the car) viewpoint and I think you might have a better appreciation for where people are coming from when they suggest that they wouldn't pay more for that car with the new motor and tranny. Regardless of what your conclusions are on the topic at hand... calling other people NewB's for offering their opinion isn't going to contribute anything to this thread.

Last edited by partyman66; 01-02-2008 at 02:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is my coupe worth with a new engine under warranty?