G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Finally test drove my G!! (almost) new owner here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2004 | 10:14 PM
|
Finally test drove my G!! (almost) new owner here

Hey everyone, I've been reading the forums for a good year now but haven't posted yet because I haven't actually gotten my car. But on Saturday I went to Ray Catena on Rt. 1 in Edison, NJ and finally got a test drive. Best 15 minutes of my life - hands down.

I'd like to introduce myself since I'll be around the forums a lot now hopefully. My name is Jeff and I'll be 20 in June, so I may one of the younger drivers on the site. I've been looking (and drooling) over the G since I saw it a couple years ago and now I'm finally getting one. We haven't ordered yet since yesterday was the first dealer we went to, but I hope to have it end of May or June.

I'm gonna be getting a black 2004 with black interior. Unfortunately since my parents are paying, I won't be getting the navi or the manual with the 18's and brembo's but I'm certainly not complaining. The price we got the other day for the auto with just the premium package and no aero was $34,615 then he went to "make a call" and dropped it to 34 even. Any opinions on if thats a fair price? It's only our first stop so we're obviously trying to get it lower. We'll be looking at other places in central Jersey as well as the Baltimore area so if anyone has any suggestions on places to go that would be great, thanks.

Also, I'm about 6'3" and fit pretty comfortably in the driver seat although the guy was sitting behind me so I didn't put the seat all the way back to give him a little room if any at all. Has anyone at similar height had any problems with the amount of room? I don't really care about the back seat room since I will never be sitting back there so my friends can suffer back there for all I care.

I read a lot of posts lately about the 05 changes so I asked the guy there and he just shook his head no and said "any car that's so popular there's just bound to be countless rumors of changes being made but the g is gonna stay the same for now." Who knows if thats true but thats just what he said and he's just trying to sell a car.

So I'll wrap this up...just wanted to say hi and I'll be around a lot getting some tips from the more experienced owners. I would appreciate any suggestions on dealers in the area and anything I should know or ask the dealer next time. Thanks a lot everyone.

Jeff.

Old 04-12-2004 | 01:13 AM
Re: Finally test drove my G!! (almost) new owner h

well hello there: first about the price, i got 500 off from MSRP back in last june, i am sure you can get better price than that now, shop around, there should be lot more G's around.

second, i am 6'4" with second pair of socks on, i have about 1 1/2 ~ 2 inchs head room left, so it wouldn't be a problem, have not try to get into the back seat yet, wont ever!

who knows about the changes in '05 model, i dont think it will be anything dramatic, if it is? than you will be paying lot more than 34 G's. i did remember that someone mentioned some sort of membership? something like "gold member", from your dealership, basically it will get you free oil changes for centain time periord. or you can just negotiate them to your deal, unless you like to do them yourselfs, it will save you money and time, since its free, you would likely do it on timely basis, sometimes young kids tend to forget, darn, i remember what is like to be an 20 years old!

good luck with the purchase, lQQKing forward to your post "YEAH, got my G today" ...s.w.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 04-12-2004 | 06:15 AM
Re: Finally test drove my G!! (almost) new owner here

I was at $35000-ish with Aero, Premium, 6MT, BSM, Splash, wheel locks, trunk mat (I think that's it). So to answer your question NO! That's not a good deal. I would try telling your parents that you'll give them $1500.00 (with interest) for the 6MT. You get quite a bit more for your money, IMO. The brembo's and 18" tires cost over $6500 aftermarket. Then again, you're lucky to be getting a G at 19, so maybe you shouldn't push it too much. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-12-2004 | 08:29 AM

Welcome....
There are a few Dealers in New Jersey to choose from...but IMO that doesn't sound like such a deal.....
Check out Lynnes Infiniti, they are in Bloomfield

Also, Check out Circle Infiniti, they are in W. Long Branch...That's where I purchased mine (I have Heard some People got close to 1,500 off, but I don't know if thats on a left over or not)...I paid full MSRP when I got my 04 back in Oct this year....

Up in Northern Bergen County there are a few Dealerships as well....Ramsey Infiniti, Englewood Infiniti, and one other that slips my mind....

Don't jump on the first car/dealer you see.......take your time and get the best deal you can.....enjoy you new car and Congratulations! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] <font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-12-2004 | 11:02 AM

Pretty fair deal but you're not getting a lot off MSRP. I got mine from Ray Catena as well. 6MT, Premium, Aero, lipspoiler, splashguards, XM, but no NAV for 35K. All in all, I got more than 1500 off MSRP.

For the price you're willing to spend, you should already have the Performance Package if you squeeze them a little more.

4020 P3MCG6T5I

Old 04-12-2004 | 11:05 AM

Oh I got the wheel locks and trunk mat also included

4020 P3MCG6T5I

Old 04-12-2004 | 12:57 PM

I think for 2004 coupes, you should get at least $1000-1500 off MSRP. I got $1000 off last October and I know there are others that did better than that back then.

As for 2005 coupes, while it doesn't make sense for Infiniti to change the interior design, I think it does make sense for Infiniti to change the interior of the G35 sedan. The sedan competes in a much more competitive market and to me it definitely make sense for the sedan to get an updated interior. If that's the case, the coupe's interior will be changed since it's the same interior as the sedan. That would be something to think about. Personally, I think the current interior is just fine, so if I was buying now, it probably wouldn't be a big issue for me.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 04-12-2004 | 01:09 PM

I ordered mine a week ago it was the 5AT with Premium Package, 18" Tire & Wheel Performance Package, trunk Mat and Tint. They took $1500 off MSRP and added the tint for free and the final price came to $33860. So if for some reason you cant do the 6MT you can def. have them add the 18" Tire Package and Premium package.

'04 G35C 5AT (on order hopefully here by June)
Brilliant Silver
Graphite Leather
Premium Package
18" Wheel and Tire Performance Package
Trunk Mat (I know I know you don't have to say it)
Tint

Old 04-12-2004 | 02:23 PM
|

limeg35: i didn't really notice any problems with the head room...just kinda my back was aching a little bit after i got out, of course i won't ever tell my parents that cause then i won't get the car. but if i put the seat all the way back i'm sure i'll be fine.

as for the price, we realize it's not the best price and we're gonna be going to many other places to gain some bargaining power. thanks for all your suggestions of dealers in the area, we'll be checking them out soon hopefully.

i'm still trying for the 18's package but i highly doubt its gonna work since the salesman said that it only comes with summer tires whereas the 17's are all-weather. that immediately took the 18's option out of my parent's thought process. i also can't get the MT not so much cause of my parents but cause of me - not that i'm afraid or don't wanna drive it, but i have a torn ligament in right elbow and i have a feeling the repetitive shifting movement will really bother me. so i'll just have fun with tiptronic in the meantime..hehe.

what kind of security does the coupe come stock with? i saw a post a few days ago where a guy had his sitting on milk crates....don't want that happening to me or any g owner ever again. does it come with wheel locks or is that extra? anything else would help a lot too.

thanks for all your replies and yes hopefully you'll be seeing my "GOT MY G TODAY" post in the coming weeks. and i love pictures and i'll love my car so that equals many pictures of my beautiful car.

Old 04-12-2004 | 02:31 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

what kind of security does the coupe come stock with? i saw a post a few days ago where a guy had his sitting on milk crates....don't want that happening to me or any g owner ever again. does it come with wheel locks or is that extra?

<hr></blockquote>

it does not come with wheel locks, but you could probably get them thrown in. It has a stand. sec system, that monitors the doors, trunk and hood, but does not include a shock/motion sensor. You can add one on yourself or get it incorporated with an aftermarket alarm system.

Good luck.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 04-12-2004 | 03:10 PM

Picked mine up this past Saturday. I love it. You can get really good prices if you work hard enough. I got 6mt DG/G/Premium/Splash for over $3,000 off msrp. Right around invoice. Try Ramsey Infiniti in North Jersey. Summit Infiniti gave great prices too. (with a little work).

Good luck and I agree find a way to get the 6mt it is unbelievable.

Old 04-12-2004 | 06:52 PM

If you're going to pay the 34k range, you can get a 6MT no problem. I got mine for $35,515 MSRP for 6MT with premium package and some other minor stuff. So either go way lower in price (esp since AT. In CA you can bargain AT but you can't bargain MT's), or go for the MT if you wanted that.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.