G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anybody ever have problems with VALET?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004 | 07:50 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Re: Anybody ever have problems with VALET?

I have a strict rule - I NEVER take my G to the city. If I need to get there, I just use my other car (Sentra). If the Sentra is not available (wife's car), I'll take the train. As far as valet parking in general goes, I don't think I'll ever use valet parking. I'll park two blocks away (in a parking lot) if necessary, just so I won't have to hand out my keys to some jacka$$ who doesn't have respect for $hit.
BTW, I'm amazed by the fact that one of these clowns actually used your car to chase down someone. I would have broken his four limbs one at a time [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

<font color=orange>Atco Meet</font color=orange>

Old 04-20-2004 | 08:05 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I live in Vegas, and valet is just a way of life on the strip. It's free, and convenient. Well, it's only free if you're a cheap basta*d who doesn't tip.

That being said, the only places I'll valet here are the Bellagio and Venetian. They tend to show more respect... night clubs? No way. If it's a valet-only situation, I'll have to, though. This is actually part of the reason I got the AT... if someone else has to drive it, I don't have to worry about having to replace the tranny.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 04-20-2004 | 10:22 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

mr E... wow that stinks. you would figure that security would chase those people down instead of valets in customers' cars. i've only used valet once since i got my G. i noticed my CD was further ahead than when i dropped off the car (and i even turned the radio off when i got out of the car). no more valet for me unless i absolutely have to. just knowing that guy's hands were touching buttons in my car without permission kind of makes my skin crawl.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 04-20-2004 | 10:33 PM
04 G35 Coupe 6MT Gold Brembo’s

The few times I've used valets with previous cars I've never had a problem (at least that I knew of...) but I'm too paranoid with my new G, unless it's a primo establishment -- like the man said, Bellagio's etc. (where they're used to handling Ferrari's, Porsches and Vipers all night).

But even then I'd make sure I gave the guy a decent tip along with the valet key.

But my reluctance to use a valet stems from three things:

First, I keep picturing that valet scene in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" -- hilarious (or scary) depending on your point of view...

...second, I just put myself in a typical valet's shoes. If I were standing outside all night, parking boring sedans, and I got the keys to a performance car, it would demand all of my discipline not to see what it had... the exhaust note of the G just begs for it.

Third, most valet services have an implicit policy that states that any damages, lost/ stolen property etc. to your vehicle are not the responsibility of the establishment or the valet service -- unless you can somehow prove wilfull negligence or recklessness. So you're basically gamblng/ hoping that some stranger will take care of your baby...

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone

Old 04-20-2004 | 11:34 PM

I went to a posh restaurant in PDX with a valet service. I don't like my car in anyone else's hands but it was raining and the G/F wanted the entire experience that night so I relented. I got it back and didn't check it out because it was raining. The next day I noticed a nice little dent in the rear quarter panel. The valet service took care of it but it was a hassle and I had to drive around in a Dodge Decrepid for a week.

Never again. My G/F can get a little wet.

Old 04-20-2004 | 11:39 PM

I hate to see anyone abuse a car. I have this feeling that you never rev a cold engine, never slam the gears, scream the motor etc. I have nothing against driving quickly and nothing against "driving" that is what a car is for. But dont let me see a person reving an ice cold motor over 2500rpm (same like when you break in a car), jerking the clutch etc. I dont drive like this and dont want anyone doing the same to my car. - this is not a pride, expensive vs cheap car thing - it is basic mechanical abuse and you dont do it!! Yet too many people either dont know, dont care or have no pride. So for me a valet is not an option no matter what car.

Old 04-20-2004 | 11:43 PM

I'll never use Valet. I had a Mitsubishi Galant 2001 before this one. It was hooked up with almost everything you could do to it.Anyway, i go outside to have a cigerette. I walk around the back of the restaurant and i see the ****in valet drving my car around a good 20 minutes after i dropped it off. So i did what any other car respecting individual did. I stopped him, dragged him out of my car, kicked the everliving [censored] out of him, and bounced without paying the bill.

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT - Premium ]| Aero |[ Bose ]| Z-Tube |[
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT - Premium ]| AeroKit |[ Spoiler ]|

Best of both worlds

Old 04-21-2004 | 12:56 AM
track it...

find out where the car went. I want this for my local service dept : /

http://www.semsons.com/roybluegmobd.html

Old 04-21-2004 | 01:05 AM

My dad let me take his Z06 out the night of my senior prom in high school, and we went to this restaurant in downtown Dallas that you have to valet at (bad idea). Long story short, about 30 seconds after I hand him the keys, I hear screeching tires, and look over to the valet damn-near doing a 4 wheel drift through the parking garage in the vette. I walked back and chewed his *** out pretty bad, to which he responded, "Sorry, man, I'm not used to this kind of clutch." Bull****, it's an American sports car. I know how few of those there are running around these parts.

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering - Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 04-21-2004 | 07:08 AM

I actually like it when my girlfriend gets a little wet

Old 04-21-2004 | 08:47 AM

If a valet drove my car like that in a garage, he'd be lucky I didn't floor the bastard I'll tell ya that. That's totally disrespectful to drive someone else's car like that because you feel like it. What a sh*thead

Old 04-21-2004 | 09:11 AM
Banned

Mr. E.

You expect the NYC garage attendants to drive your car with care? Most of these guys grew up driving camels and donkeys. Most if them arent even licensed!

God Bless America!

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever have problems with VALET?