G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

do these cars really need the premium gas or can we put midgrade in them??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by couchpotato300
but i leased it so i cant just sell it or anything. so im trying to figure out how to get cheaper gas.
My G is mine, not leased, so I care. If you are planning on giving the car back... why care?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pghG35
i put nothing but the best in my G...93 Octane at $4.35/gallon
here here

Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man for the people here who were not going crazy telling me im dumb and stuff your cool. also the people just giving information.

but **** for the people saying im stupid and ****. calm down. i used to have a great job and could afford it. hence the reason y i got a G. but i leased it so i cant just sell it or anything. so im trying to figure out how to get cheaper gas.
Well, you did ask for their input. If everything you've read tells you, by using less octane gas wont harm your car? then by all means go for it.

How much money you think you actaully going to save by using mid grade gas? if you put around 15k a year? its gonna save you grand total of 75 bucks per year. Is that amount significantly enough for us to switch? most likely not, the difference per fill up is only 2~3 bucks, that will get you about 1/2~2/3 of gallon at today's price, which is only extra 10~15 miles per tank, instade of using mid grade gas? how bout try to drive less, drive bit slower or just not let it idel for long periods of time, rather than using drive-thru at fast food places or at Bank? park it and walk up to the counter.

Why cant you sell the "leased" car?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by g30wh4t
Yup, sure are alot of haters on here. I must say that there are better ways of wording things then flaming people for simple questions. If you asked the question in person, they answer it without flaming, but on the net alot of people on the forums get a big mouth. When really they are
It's the internet, it's anonymity allows us greater freedom to make derogatory statements than when meeting people face to face. To answer your question, if the $$$$ savings of $4-5 per tank does make a difference in your budget, you're in for a RUDE awakening when the car breaks down. I have a great mechanic and I also own a 2K SE MAX, when it used to break down, it cost lots and lots of moolah to repair. That MAX is going on 220K so, it's the best d@mn car I've ever owned. I hope I was clear without being insulting to those that can't budget premium gasoline for their $30 or $40K entry-level luxury cars.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the amount of money you save on gas now is the amount of money you'll spend in the end. But dont let us stop you.

just my 2cent

Old 06-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by g30wh4t
what city are you in? I am from there origionally Paso Robles.
Lompoc, Paso is more expensive I think....

Old 06-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Got Gas....?

What does the manual say to put in your car, that's what I'd stick with. Like
what was mentioned earlier, the difference wouldn't buy a quart of milk in
todays world....my grocery getter may become my mountain bike at this rate!

Old 06-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
**** 4.65, 4.75, or 4.95. its so damn expensive now i dont ever care so i just keep using premium. if u can afford gas period now, u got some money so why cheap out on a few bucks per tank.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 AM
yeah living in santa barbara or central coast is hella expensive....

Old 06-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by pghG35
i put nothing but the best in my G...93 Octane at $4.35/gallon
Ouch! That really hurts!!!! It’s bad enough that we only get 91 in So Cal... but it cost us .50 more per gal

I guess all is relative...

Old 06-15-2008, 02:37 AM
man for the people here who were not going crazy telling me im dumb and stuff your cool. also the people just giving information.

but **** for the people saying im stupid and ****. calm down. i used to have a great job and could afford it. hence the reason y i got a G. but i leased it so i cant just sell it or anything. so im trying to figure out how to get cheaper gas.
fuel price is a huge issue these days... don’t sweat it bro - anyone that says its not a problem is delusional.

It goes way beyond you car... the entire economy is affected by it... I mentioned it months ago when people were freaking out that shipping costs for their web-order mods had gone though the roof...

Until we drill domestically it is what it is... use it for leverage when appraisal review comes up at work.

In the mean time - public transport is a viable option... most major metropolis' have a train system - in So Cal its the Merto... You can actually get work done during commute, save fuel and your sanity (if you have traffic like we have here).

Those that bash people trying to save fuel... common - be real! It's an issue nation-wide. If it doesn’t affect your daily commute, it certainly is affecting everything else you deal with daily.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
fuel price is a huge issue these days... don’t sweat it bro - anyone that says its not a problem is delusional.
Gas prices in general is definately a big issue these days. But the difference between regular & premium is only ~2 bucks.

I would say 2 bucks is worth the better octane

Old 06-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just my two pence, but the higher premium gas only comes into effect when you are using the engine at much higher RPM, and at much higher temperatures, hence the need to protect against pre-detonation. If you drive like a granny everywhere, then using regular gas shouldn't be a problem, (in my humble opinion), BUT if you do like to hoon it, and give it some beans, then yes, you should definitely go with the premium.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 AM
I don't know for a fact, but I would think the very little money you save will be further reduced by the fact that your car will probably get slightly worse mpg, since it probably wouldn't run quite as efficiently. Not sure though.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Gas prices in general is definately a big issue these days. But the difference between regular & premium is only ~2 bucks.

I would say 2 bucks is worth the better octane

for me, yes... and apparently you too... I get **** mpg in the G and only use premium, but I dont go through a bunch of fuel either (‘cause I don’t drive it much)... Some people drive 80-100+ miles per day round trip - that extra $2 adds up quick for them... Also, like the OP, maybe funds are tight and $50+ more per month creates a bind...

I'm fortunate as it pertains to fuel so I'm not referencing my situation... but I'm in an industry where I see how fuel prices have a direct impact on P&L... So I dont understand how some people are nay-saying an issue that very clearly has merit when the concern is mentioned…

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: do these cars really need the premium gas or can we put midgrade in them??