G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bad luck.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad luck.

So bad luck hits me I get a flat tire today as I am driving home from school. I get home and decide to put my spare on. I get the jack from the trunk and crank my car up. I am just about to remove the tire pulling on it for it to come off and the jack falls. I look under the car and noticed that the jack as it tipped over made a hole in my gas tank. I put my finger for it to stop my dad calls the CAA and they tell him that they will arrive asap and they recommended to call the firemen just in case. They arrive give me a little piece of wood I hammered it in in order to block the leak from the tank. All this for a ****ty flat tire. I was wondering if anyone of you know how much it will cost approximately to change the whole gas tank on a G35 coupe, cause the garage I went to told me it was the only solution.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by PH1L
So bad luck hits me I get a flat tire today as I am driving home from school. I get home and decide to put my spare on. I get the jack from the trunk and crank my car up. I am just about to remove the tire pulling on it for it to come off and the jack falls. I look under the car and noticed that the jack as it tipped over made a hole in my gas tank. I put my finger for it to stop my dad calls the CAA and they tell him that they will arrive asap and they recommended to call the firemen just in case. They arrive give me a little piece of wood I hammered it in in order to block the leak from the tank. All this for a ****ty flat tire. I was wondering if anyone of you know how much it will cost approximately to change the whole gas tank on a G35 coupe, cause the garage I went to told me it was the only solution.
WOWWW bro, Gotta be more careful with that jack, there's way too many stories about bending up the floors but yours is the worst. I have no idea how much a gas tank will cost. It's not really the gas tank that's gonna be expensive, but I think it might be pretty hard to reach the gas tank to completely remove and put a new one in, so labor is gonna suck.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know bro, the jack that I had in the trunk was a piece of **** the thing is all bent up now and had to throw it in the garbage. I am ****ing pissed right now. Starting to get a headache from all the gas smell I had to hold the hole with my finger for like 1 hour.