G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anybody have window problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anybody have window problems?

Hey guys, here is the update on my situation:

I got the call yesterday that the window motor came in and I got it installed. However, there was still a little loud noise coming from it when it goes down, but both the service manager and the technician said that it was normal as the "torque" on the new motor is supposedly higher. So far it appears to work normally.

I did call Infiniti Consumer Affairs about the window situation and they claimed they would forward my concern to their engineers. However, they can't do a recall until more people complain about them.

So if you are having issues with the windows, PLEASE notify Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 1-800-662-6200. Maybe we can make a difference and get them to really research and fix this big issue. I just don't want others to have to go through this pain like I have..... I mean how many of you would love to stick duct tape and plastic on the side of your ride.?...think about it ;-) Thanks for your time and support with this.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:29 PM

I've already had my driver's side window motor replaced (window wouldn't go down/up at all). Luckily it was in the up position when it decided to stop working.

Anyway, I got it fixed/replaced from the dealer, should I still call Consumer Affairs or do they keep track of how many times windows fail in these cars?

-T

Old 06-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Tmoney,

Please notify them as I was told that was the "only official" way for them to do something about this.

This is too big of an issue to let it go unnoticed. Just think about not being able to get your window up during a bad rainfall....I almost ran into that.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 AM

I brought it in June 3rd when it quite, and they said they had to order it. I called June 9th and they said it wouldn't come in till June 22nd. Three weeks without a working window!!!! I did a little bitching, and the parts guy bought one from another dealer. Needless to say I am having my window motor replaced today

Old 06-11-2004, 01:56 PM

NC_G35,

I am sorry that you ran into this too. Please call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and let them know about it. I may not make a huge difference with just my call, but the more people who mention this, the greater the chance that Infiniti will correct these window issues. I don't want others to run into this crap like we have. Thanks!

Btw....based on your name, I am assuming you bought your ride in NC.....not too many G's in my NC hometown.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Just had mine repaired today too. Took 2 weeks for the motor to come in, but now it works good.

Old 08-13-2004, 10:26 AM

I've had my 2004 for 8 months now and my driver side window just went out the other day. Initially if i messed with the window it would start working again but now its just dead (although i do hear a clicking sound). I called the dealer and they told me to bang on the door just below the window controls while holding the button to get the window up. i did that and to my surprise it worked but now the window doesn't function at all (at least it's up). i have an appointment with the dealer on monday and i will call infiniti customer affairs to let them know about my issue.
AaRoN

2004 Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT, Stillen Intake + Z-Tube.

Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 AM

hey guys,

ok this is the deal, i have a Z with the exact problem. For some reason all 03 models of Z's and G's are having this problem at once. Motors are now backordered nation wide, so what iw ould recommend is going to your local dealer tell them that the motor is fried and the regulator is messed up. The regulator is what makes our windows go up and down 10mm whne we open and close the door.

after that, when the job is done make sure, and i mean MAKE SURE, that your window is aligned the way it came when you first bought it.

A way to check the alignment is first off on the pillar side there should be a rubber piece with the window's original indent, if its off by 1 mm your window will continue to get stuck and have problems, secondly, the top of the window should never feel stuck or should feel as if it were rubbing against anything.

I got this issued finally resolved after 3 times going to nissan and infiniti. (the local nissan dealer told me to go to the infiniti since both were owned by the family)

hope this helps.

sang

Old 08-13-2004, 11:44 AM
DED

My drivers side stopped working last week.

Took it in Wednesday to get it fixed. I thought.

It was nice to visit the dealer to get the part ordered.

Here is another vote for calling up BEFORE you take your car in, to make sure your name actually got ON the appointment list, and to make sure they actually HAVE parts in stock for a KNOWN issue.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Killer.

Old 08-13-2004, 11:51 AM

Just called the dealer and my service consultant said they have those parts (motor and regulator) and they keep them in stock now.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:07 PM

well... i took my car in this morning only to receive a call a few hours later informing me that they ran out of all the motors they had in stock. he also told me that they are back-order and won't come in until the end of the month (possibly faster since they gave it high priority, yeah right). this sux, i called last friday to make sure they had the parts they needed in order to prevent this from happening and i still get screwed. oh well, no more tollways or drive through windows for me (not a very pleasant experience).
-AaRoN

Old 08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 04 Coupe with 6,200 miles and last week I noticed that my drivers side window struggled to go up and close. The next time I tried it, it didn't work at all. I was "smart " enough to know that it was time to put a piece of duct tape over it so that I won't by mistake play with it (probably on a rainy day) and end up with it on the down side. Anyway, called my local dealership for a next day appointment and he promptly replaced the motor. I asked if it was a superceded part number (an improved part) and he said yes. I also asked if you should replace the passenger window motor at the same time even though it was still working.. He said they aren't as much of a problem which I believe is B.S. because when one is bad the other is too! Anyway, bottom line.. The window motors on most of the G35's are junk! If you haven't replaced yours so far, you probably will eventually. Just be aware! P.S. This should be a TSB!

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 08-16-2004, 06:54 PM

i have not had this issue (knocking on wood), but that is total crap about not replacing the passenger window also. when driving, i roll my drivers side window down and leave the passenger side up. its only when i have a passenger does the passenger side go down. i think this is fairly common behavior, so NO DUH it doesnt happen as often.

the dealers response should have been, "oh, it doesnt happen so much on the passenger side, until the car runs over the warrenty." i am banking this will happen to many post warrenty cars in the future...

2004 TB Coupe 6MT