G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Found an awesome deal on Bassani!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Found an awesome deal on Bassani!!

www.performancepeddlers.com has awesome deals on the Bassani exhaust as well as other parts when you use the holiday4u code..it knocked the price of the Bassani from 1000 to 880 shipped...WOW!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great find man, im not familiar with the Bassani exhausts in terms of the g35, any reviews?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
There are not many but those that have it said it sounds great; I looked on the 350 site and it has positive reviews there as well..I had it on my 03 Cobra and it sounded awesome..can't beat the X pipe!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM
very cool then, ill have an exhaust to look forward to hearing on the g35c

Old 11-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds interesting. link didn't work though...try this one:

http://www.performancepeddler.com/

Old 11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I think it was super street that did a test on the Bassani. Said it was one of the best they have seen for the g and the dyno gave good gains. can' recall what the gains were 10/15hp at the wheels or something. If I can find it a home I'll post it.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Great find... i may just jump on it haha

Old 11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Just installed - possibly better deal

I just had the Bassani installed yesterday. I'll post a review in a more appropriate thread. But some quick notes, don't really notice it below 3K rpm, above that sounds awesome. Look for youtubes that do a driveby, as it sounds different under load (or let me know where you live and I'll drive by your house at 3am and you can judge the sound yourself ). The only drawback I have is that the tip sticks out about 3 inches (for some reason I can't even recall the stock now, but I think the stock is flush).

Anyway, my deal requires several things, but to keep it short (PM if you want more details): I got an eBay seller to give me a buy-it-now price, I used MS Live to get a discount (max $200, 60 day waiting period), and made the purchase right away to keep the seller happy. So shipped to my door was $733.25!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 AM
That is a great deal; what ebay seller did you use as the only one I saw started the bidding at $775 and then added $150 for shipping...

Did you do the install yourself?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Followup on eBay Bassani G35/350z exhaust

GJ (and Rush);

You've found the seller. But I don't see anymore listings from this seller. I'm hope they are still selling through eBay. Perhaps if you contact them directly they'll set you up with an auction (that's what I did). I tried to be cordial in my correspondence, hinting if this was a successful transaction, I'll try my best to send business their way (you might want to PM me to get my little insight to the seller before contacting them). You can get all of the contact and price info by typing in my eBay auction number (180305872924) in the eBay search field. If you can get a similar Buy-It-Now price, add shipping, less the MS Live cashback, you'll be near the price I got. I made my purchase on Nov 11, so my auction listing may disappear soon because eBay doesn't keep older listings.

With the money I saved, how cold it is now, and not having access to a lift, I had the exhaust installed by a tuner, and got dyno tuned (osiris flash) at the same time. I think it was worth the extra money, as my engine was running dangerously lean, and I truly believe without the reflash you would see me in a couple of days sitting by the road side crying at the remains of a blown engine. My installer did mention that it was a tight fit, with the exhaust going around the sway bar, but he did say he liked the sound of the exhaust. Since they deal with a lot of Zs and Gs I trust his opinion.

Here's a close up pic at how much my tips are sticking out. I may try to rubber mallet the exhaust in a week to see if I can knock it in a inch, which I think would be perfect.

Found an awesome deal on Bassani!!-bassaniexitlength.jpg

Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Nin
Originally Posted by gns100
GJ (and Rush);

You've found the seller. But I don't see anymore listings from this seller. I'm hope they are still selling through eBay. Perhaps if you contact them directly they'll set you up with an auction (that's what I did). I tried to be cordial in my correspondence, hinting if this was a successful transaction, I'll try my best to send business their way (you might want to PM me to get my little insight to the seller before contacting them). You can get all of the contact and price info by typing in my eBay auction number (180305872924) in the eBay search field. If you can get a similar Buy-It-Now price, add shipping, less the MS Live cashback, you'll be near the price I got. I made my purchase on Nov 11, so my auction listing may disappear soon because eBay doesn't keep older listings.

With the money I saved, how cold it is now, and not having access to a lift, I had the exhaust installed by a tuner, and got dyno tuned (osiris flash) at the same time. I think it was worth the extra money, as my engine was running dangerously lean, and I truly believe without the reflash you would see me in a couple of days sitting by the road side crying at the remains of a blown engine. My installer did mention that it was a tight fit, with the exhaust going around the sway bar, but he did say he liked the sound of the exhaust. Since they deal with a lot of Zs and Gs I trust his opinion.

Here's a close up pic at how much my tips are sticking out. I may try to rubber mallet the exhaust in a week to see if I can knock it in a inch, which I think would be perfect.

Attachment 98714
you need to loosen all clamps on your exhaust from front to rear.

rubber mallet, hammer, push, whatever it is you need to do starting from the front of the car to the rear. You need to close up the gaps from where the pipe meets.

3" sticking out is not normal and doesn't look good at all

Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Nin,
What do you think of the Borla?
Greg

Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 AM
gns-you confused me with the statement I met the seller..can you elaborate on that one?
Greg

Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
GJ, sorry for the confusion... I think I meant to say something like "through your eBay search you did in fact discover the seller from which I purchased the exhaust".

Old 12-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

damn that looks horrible! sorry just being honest! cant you adjust it a bit? its waaaaay to looooong

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found an awesome deal on Bassani!!