G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Don't get nasty BigGDriver. You do write like a 17 year old, which is fine with me and there is nothing wrong with it, but don't get offended if others can't fully understand what you're saying. After all, some of us are 20+ years older than you which is a completly different generation.
Regarding the issue at hand, I considered buying a Lexus IS300 before the G35 ever came out. But it never took me over the edge to want to jump into the hassle of dealing with a car salesman and tackling a whole new financial burden such as new car payment. The G35 coupe did, it was a feeling of "I MUST HAVE IT" even if I have to get another job to pay for the stupid car.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:17 PM

I meant it in a jokin' way...ah well...heres the cliff notes/translation:
G35 coupes have more appeal because older people drive them, and girls love young guys who can afford old guy's stuff (means they are rich).

Old 06-15-2004, 07:24 PM

Well, some of you have some pretty f*$ked up ideas about what chicks are after or what they like, etc..... but some chicks are pretty f*$ked up....so I'm going to leave all that alone.....

Long story short....

I am a chick... I own a G35 coupe.... and even I get quite a few looks from other chicks..... so..... I'm going to have to go with the G on this one.... ;-)

Old 06-15-2004, 07:40 PM

We have a cool chic here! =)

I think some girls like the IS because it's a smaller car, which makes it nimbler to drive and easier to park, while at the same time have the Lexus name.

G35C 6M BS/G - Z Tube/Popcharger/AL Pedals/Clear Corners/Skyline 350GT badging
Revved to 6k, looking for 7th gear!

Old 06-15-2004, 08:10 PM

There are messed up people in general everywhere.... and sometimes I tend to think they make up the majority of the world's population.... Hell, I'm sure there are guys that check me out because I'm young and they think I've got bank ($) cause I'm in a G...lol....

But I can see what most of the people meant by what they said... that's why I didn't go into talking [censored] about the comments "girls don't know anything about cars"... and "all they know are three emblems"... gucci this... blah, blah, blah.....

Everyone's just trying to get their point across as quickly as possible... hell, I get annoyed reading the threads where everybody and their brother are getting offended by this and that....

My only point was that I'm going with the G on this one cause chicks check me out all the time when I'm driving..... and it never happened that much when I drove anything else.... ;-)

Old 06-15-2004, 09:10 PM

MrElussive...generally I would have to say yes to the whole "daddy's car" stuff, but def not in my case. I look like in my low 20s, this is somethin everyone who meets me tells me (which is how i get with the older chicks ). I dress very well (all high end, no wigger gear), which makes them to think im young and rich. On the note with attracting attention, your def right...I always have the system bumpin' (with my sub you can hear from far away), and always keep the tvs on even though I usually don't have ppl in the back seats. Im an attention *****, works for me .

Irish Girl, there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many of these kinda girls especially under 20 in NJ. It really doesn't matter if the girl herself is rich or not, all those sexxy one nighter girls want a guy who they can brag to their friends about (I got with a young rich guy, etc.)

The G is SUCH a pimp ride and has sick power for the price. I think its the cheapest car that can still considered to be pimmp.

Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 PM

too much reading for me
my 2 cents:

- chicks turn their heads at the IS300 because its a pretty car and they want one for themselves
- chicks turn their heads at the G35 because its a sexy car that they would want their bf's to drive...

yea i don't know. IS300 was nice before, but now the lights and everything is just too much. they should've come out with a more powerful, less 360 degree spinning is300 before. my friend has one and has spun out numerous times in that car. i don't know if its the driving or the car, but he's not the only person i heard spin out in an is300.
i don't deny the is300 is a nice car though, just the g35 is definitely better.

[ 2004 G35 coupe ] - | 6MT | Black/Graphite | Premium |

Old 06-15-2004, 11:06 PM

I dunno but I got chicks in my bro's IS300 and I get them in the G35. Maybe it's just me. (<--- wishfull thinking). This conversation/debate is so pointless because each chick has different styles and like different things. Also how drunk or sober they are plays into it a lot, becuase I'm sure if you get someone drunk enough they would mistake the G for a ferrari or porsche that they just have never seen before.

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo people.......

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

cynicaL102, the IS300 is a very stable and predictable car, I know I've driven one for the past two years and logged on over 30k miles on it. It is a RWD car so it handles differently then a FWD car and if you're used to FWD then it can def be a problem, but the car has no traits that would tend to make it spin out. In fact I think that the IS300 was more predicatable and controlable then my G35c.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:32 AM

Most women are not into cars. They don't know much about them. They do know nameplates mostly. So explain to a chic say at lunch at work:
I got a G35 (She will look confused and dazed)
I got a IS 300 (probably the same look)
So then you say:
I got an Infiniti (She will still look confused and dazed)
I got a Lexus (her pupils will get big, legs will open, heart will race, lol etc).
Now let's go outside, the G35 sedan is pretty ugly but a new car. The woman will be like nice car, what is that.
The G35 coupe is gorgous, she will be like very nice car, look closer and ask many questions about. She may even ask for the salesman as she is very interested in it.
The IS 300, all she will see is the badge on the hood. The lil L. And assume all sorts of things.

Women=nameplates. So it doesn't really matter if it's a G20, LS 430 or 7 or C-class. All they see is a nameplate, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc. And at this point, Infiniti still has little brand here. It is on the rise though in a good way.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have learned though time that majority of women care about cars as much as most guys care about shoes. (No offense to you footwear enthusiasts) I once went to a focus group w/ G35, BMW 530, E500, RX330, and ES300. A lady stood up and proclaimed she felt her ES330 is the most sport of the group and it is a true sport sedan. My forhead hit the table hard and Sprite came out of my nose.

btw: I am not impressed when women stare at my car, most of them don't know what they are looking at anyways.

Old 06-16-2004, 02:46 AM

Well, im 17 too and i got a g35 c, some of us may be more fortunate than others, and I respect people who actually worked to buy their cars, even to get a car like this in your 20's is quite an accomplishment. But i think what is more important is that we are all fortunate to be driving our G's around, because sit back and think for a minute. We are all driving one of the best sports cars ever to hit the market, and we are all ballin in our own individual way with different styles and ideas. So no matter who you are, what you look like, what your style is, what it comes down to is that your still driving a G, and thats what we all have in common. Or wish we were driving a G like some people, cough cough IS300 people lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?