G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

I found this post on a Lexus forum thought it would be nice to hear from G35 owners!!!

Here is the link to whats said on the Lexus forum:
IS300 vs G35 vs Chicks

My New G35
2004 G35 Coupe 6mt

Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

That was stupid reading what they said....They seem to have alot of pride in their cars and I don't really have a comment cuz they are all full of it..

Old 06-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahahah...stupid lexus owners..i know you guys all know that we get plenty of looks esp from the females.

http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~wayney/makingout.gif

Old 06-11-2004, 09:49 PM

i almost got the is300, but changed my mind ever since g35's came out.
is300 is a great car, but wat they're sayin on is300.net is such bs. i dont think is300 spins that many heads. they USED to.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:50 PM

gf was the one who urged me to get the G. nothing else compared, in her mind.

I still hear "I can't believe you almost bought the [insert name of car that I had mentioned]" every couple weeks.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 PM

The G35 is a far better and nicer looking car then an IS for sure and I would never buy an IS over any G35 coupe or sedan. However most of them are right in the sense that Infiniti Doesn't have a name like lexus,BMW, or MB but that doesn't matter in my book because I get daily compliments in my G and I know that it won't take long before Infiniti Does Get a name like the other cars it's really infiniti's fault though because they just recently started to build real cars as opposed to lexus that has made great cars for year's. It will take time but I frankly wouldn't care if my car said yugo on the back it's still better then any other car in it's class and I get a million looks a day so they can say what they wan't in their lil buget lex. I know that I have had at least ten people come up to me and ask me if my car cost like $50,000.00 I had one person that drove a Benz C320 tell me that when they get a real job they'll buy a car like mine LOL.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:47 PM

That's so true. When the IS first came out, it "was" a big contender against the BMW 3 series (i.e. similar power, inline 6, small sized - being nimble, and less expensive). That's all past. Plus the IS looks a bit outdated and needs a redesign.

Now with the introduction of the G35, Infiniti has upped the benchmark. More power, sleek good looks, bigger size - meaning more comfort, a whole lot of standard features, still way less expensive than a comparable BMW 3 series model, and just about spanks everything else in its class.

I can understand that on a certain board being biased towards their own fun loving car is normal. I just can't believe those guys have absolutely no respect for other nice cars on the road. The one guy owns both and he sounded like he gave an honest answer. Everybody else just tore it to shreds. They even said our cars look "bloated" and they purposely mispell INFINITI to something else remotely looking. (It's like if I tried spelling LEXES or something.....) I wonder has any of those guys tried cramming themselves into their own backseats lately? I betcha they first gotta stop ordering those super-sized meals and slim down first.

About the guy that says "To be honest alot of girls dont know much about cars. They only look at the lexus enblem and know thay are in Love.", that one made me laugh. It's like asking a girl which watch is better......Gucci or Seiko? Who cares if it's possibly less precise, it's got more BLING! [with sarcasm] =)

I guess since both cars' JDM versions are the Altezza and the Skyline, so which one would you pick? I thought so...

G35C 6M BS/G - Z Tube/Popcharger/AL Pedals/Clear Corners/Skyline 350GT badging
Revved to 6k, looking for 7th gear!

Old 06-12-2004, 12:01 AM

Lexus IS300 used to look sporty when there were no other sports cars out. With the 350Z and the G35coupe, they blow it away. Even the TL and G35sedan blow away the old styled IS.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:09 AM

I'm dumber for having read that post. There will always be disagreement amongst car owners about which car is better, but there's no arguing that G35 owners have a better grasp of the english language.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:12 AM

maybe IS300 would still look really nice if the ricers didn't play out those altezza tail-lights.
that just killed the unique look of the IS300 IMO.

Old 06-12-2004, 02:03 AM

What some of the IS dudes pointed out is that we are dealing with chicks that we are just trying to pick up on. Any chick willing to get with a guy for his car probably doesn't have the brains to truely know about cars. All they see is Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes and their eyes open like they won the jackpot. My brother had an IS and performance modded it a little and it was truely a great car, but even my brother agrees with me that the G beats the IS in everything except for the fact that his is in stick and mine is a 5at. Damn I wish I had a 6mt.

Inside my shell, I wait and bleed

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-12-2004, 02:14 AM

the IS300 is a great girls car, thats all you see driving them anyways.

The IS300 is a nice car, but it definitly had no ***** at all. The IS is so played out and that body style looks like crap now.

I had a white IS try to race me tonight. He was your typical cocky lexus driver riding my *** and then pulls up beside me revs at me and then "attempts" to take off. Lets put it this way I put bus lengths on him by 120mph. Then he had to do his little ricer fly-by, and then turned off.

High Point, NC
04 G35 6MT Sedan, Diamond Graphite on Black.
Arrived on 10/20/03
AIM: OneFast4Door G35

Old 06-12-2004, 02:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA some of this IS SH** is FUUUUUNNNNNNY hahaha. That guy "shootza" said
"G35 coupes or not, which have become like Civics around here" hahahaah his IS must be gettin beat by a lot of civics in races i guess. Where i live, the IS is all over the place, because all the asian people who live around me buy only the name brands they like, and like they said, Lexus Benz and Bimmer, and so all the little rich high school kids get IS300s for their first cars, because its the "Altezza." So, IM sorry that i have a SKYLINE and not an ALTEZZA. What is true tho, is that Lexus does have its reputation that has been built up over the years, and when people hear lexus, they already do think highly of it. But in the case of where I live, once you mention the IS, its like....oh ...the little one.

www.1911forum.com
www.calguns.net

Old 06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

my grandfather bought a LS 430 a month or so ago. I went with him to pick it up and i was checking out the IS. My dad and dealer began talking and he told them im in the market for a new car bla bla - they tried to sell me everything but the kitchen sink. I told them "i really want a 2door sport coupe for my next car" they said "how bout the SC430" i said um ok its time to get out of here lol
When the dealer saw i wasnt interested he began telling me "Supposedly we hear that the IS is gonna come in a sport coupe next yr" lol i said "ill take a swing by and check it out in my G35"
then he goes "yea the G35 is a pretty sick car"
that made me smile lol

Old 06-12-2004, 10:57 AM

Is300 is great car but no ***** Thats why I,m selling mine to
get 05 coupe, pics of is300
http://home.comcast.net/~neil.r/bad2bone/

2005 BLACK G35 COUPE comming soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?