G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Well, im 17 too and i got a g35 c, some of us may be more fortunate than others, and I respect people who actually worked to buy their cars, even to get a car like this in your 20's is quite an accomplishment. But i think what is more important is that we are all fortunate to be driving our G's around, because sit back and think for a minute. We are all driving one of the best sports cars ever to hit the market, and we are all ballin in our own individual way with different styles and ideas. So no matter who you are, what you look like, what your style is, what it comes down to is that your still driving a G, and thats what we all have in common. Or wish we were driving a G like some people, cough cough IS300 people lol.

Well, im 17 too and i got a g35 c, some of us may be more fortunate than others, and I respect people who actually worked to buy their cars, even to get a car like this in your 20's is quite an accomplishment. But i think what is more important is that we are all fortunate to be driving our G's around, because sit back and think for a minute. We are all driving one of the best sports cars ever to hit the market, and we are all ballin in our own individual way with different styles and ideas. So no matter who you are, what you look like, what your style is, what it comes down to is that your still driving a G, and thats what we all have in common. Or wish we were driving a G like some people, cough cough IS300 people lol.

Old 06-16-2004, 03:47 AM

Fo shizzly GLykos, fo shizzle....

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo people.......

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-16-2004, 12:08 PM

I agree that a lot of people just know names. My friend had a 97 bmw 318 and everyone thought he was rich because he drove a BMW, I'm like what?!?! People even refered to him as "oh you know, the guy with the BMW." That was such a slow, unreliable, POS though....

It's interesting to see how brand recognition differs (depends on what marketing people saw I suppose). I always thought Acura (honda), Lexus (toyota), and Infiniti (nissan) were in the same boat, where bmw and mercedes were much higher. I actually don't like telling people I drive an infiniti because I don't want to seem like a snob (remember the old guy with black turtlenecks in commericals); the normal response is oh aren't those really expensive... but I guess it just depends on the individual. I think if you want a car to get girls though, you want to stay away from 4 door in general, I personally love them (first 2dr car), but I find it hard to believe that anyone would get excited about a guy driving a family sedan.

Nate

Old 06-16-2004, 01:18 PM

I agree with most of what everyone's saying. The most common comment I get is, nice car what is that ? From guys and girls. In fact twice this week once from a girl at the gym and another by two little cuties barely out of highschool.

I was pumping gas when they walked out they stopped and started asking questions. Too bad my girl was sitting in the car waiting for me. If looks could kill I would have been lying on the pavement or she could have just backed up over me.

I love my girl, but man why couldn't I've had this car when I was single ?

Old 06-17-2004, 03:19 PM

You know what, you guys got some nerve. You rag on Lexus owners for being bias towards their cars when actually you are the same way. Tallkin all this noise about how much better the G's are than the IS's. Both cars are great in their own way, but to say that the IS is old and played out is rediculous. It funny you should say that being as though your car has only been out for 2 years. People give you looks becuase yes your car looks nice but it more the fact that it is something new...face it you see a new car and you can't help but look at it. But in actuallity your car ain't all that, there are pleny of OLDer cars thar are way better than the G and I bet people would still get those over a G or even an IS, for instance a Supra, RX-7, even a 300ZX TT. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but, I don't see another car as being better than mine, but more different. The IS would obviously look much better in a coupe form and I applaud Nissan for making the G into a coupe, nevermind that all they did was strech the lights out and slapped a back seat to a Z. But hey to each his own. We will wait and see how great your G is in about 2 or 3 more years when it has been out for a while and then you tell me if its played out or not...

Old 06-17-2004, 04:14 PM

Hey, I registered just for this thread. I just wanted to make a few points. I had my IS for about a year and I love it. I also really like the G35C and I think its the best car for the money. Its hard to compare the IS and the G35 because they are so different. Technically, the IS should be compared with the G35 sedan to be fair, theres no IS coupe. As for sex appeal, it all comes down to personal preference, you cant simply generalize this kind of thing. Some girls like the IS, some like the G35C simple as that.
We can have endless discussions about which car is better blablabla. Like the other Mercedes and BMWs in its class, the IS is right up there in terms of performance. Infinity decided to step up and try to lure a market more geared towards performance and not simply status. I dont think the style of the IS is outdated at all, and looks like one of the best cars with a bodykit. Ive also seen modded G35C's and they are amazing also. I personally dont like the headlight design, but thats just me. The G35C has many exterior advantages over the IS because it is 3-4 years newer in design, such as the stock 18's and LED tails. True, an IS cannot keep up with a G35C unless it is boosted. This is also due to the fact that it is still the same as it was back in 2000, and that the competition was around the same level.
You can beat this subject to death many times over, but those are the facts. The IS is a 4 year-old car that needs some major performance change to get rid of the terribly poor sales numbers. It just doesnt seem like the big 3 (Lexus, BMW, MB) really want to take the performance route like Infinity did. However, BMW and MB dont have problems selling their ~$30k cars.
Anyway, I sidetrack. I love my car and any IS owner will tell you the same. I love your cars too, the coupe is really nice. They both have their advantages, neither is sooo much better than the other.

Old 06-17-2004, 05:04 PM

graphiteis300, very good points...i gotta say u is300 guys got a MUCH more lively community...i think id feel mad weird showin up at a g35 meet, lol, take it easy man, we all drive sick cars.

Old 06-19-2004, 09:17 PM

Graphite, the IS was an Altezza since 1997. The car design is 7 years old. It really has held up to the test of time.
I think people made great points saying the IS came first and Infiniti stepped it up with the G35.
Also great point about people liking new cars. That is why cars are refreshned every 2-3 years and totally redesigned in 5. Only a rare few go past 5 years.
People might not know what it is, but you have to be pretty blind not to see the gorgous G35c coming. [censored] u can hear it with the stock exhaust (sounds great)!

Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 AM

Both fine cars. I liked my test drives of the IS. Very competent handler, predictable through the turns, and fun. The G coupe just brought more to the table in my eyes. It has looks to kill, amazing power, and handles incredibly without delivering a punishing ride. There's no question that the G turns more heads and garners more interest (can't count the number of times I've been questioned or complimented in traffic or gas stations). The IS is a bit long in the tooth, relatively bland in its styling, and lacking in stock power. I am definitely looking forward to what the IS430 brings to the table however.

Old 06-20-2004, 10:30 AM

They're putting a V8 into that puppy?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?