G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
Exactly, I was about to bring that up to... All these orang "CONSTRUCTION ZONE FINES DOUBLE" BS signs but wheres the construction? Nothing.

I used to work in construction when i was in college and used to work out on the roadways with my father as an electrician. I have some good stories about speeding motorists in construction zones.

As far as the signs being up, depending on the agency and/or location of the job, they are sometimes permanently required to be mounted. So the job might only be happening on certain days of the week (depending on weather, conditions, if permits were pulled, waiting on inspection, etc) and then there is always the time before and after the job when the signs actually get mounted and removed. So yes, i agree that there are always signs up when there is no work going. Here in MA, if the highway is divided with a physical barrier in the middle, then travel in the opposite side is not restricted unless it's center highway work such as roadway lighting. If the road is undivided, then both lanes are restricted. So no that doesn't mean you can fly by in your car if they are working on the other side of the road.

As for speeding through construction zones?? I HATE people who do it. Do you know how scary it is to work on the highway when cars are zipping by you at 45MPH? Try doing it when you are focused on your work and bent over with your back to traffic. I had a lady once drift into the cones and nearly take me out once.

I have actually ASKED our police detail to pull the radar gun out and run radar. It slows traffic right down. It's a great tool. When the cop sits in the car, people fly by without a care because they feel he isn't going to pull them over. But when the cop is out and actively watching and stopping people...they slow right down. They also bitch and complain about the traffic, but i don't care...i got to go home that day.

But the biggest reason i HATE people who speed through construction zones....the day a guy lost control because he was speeding and plowed into our roadway setup clipping my leg and hitting my father nearly killing him. It took 2 years to fully recover from. We had all the signs, lights, cops, cones, etc required by law, and the guy was hauling *** according to many witnesses.

So i have no mercy for anyone who drives reckless through a construction zone. Fines should be TRIPLE or more if you ask me. You tend to think this way when you are the one with your life on the line

Thankfully i got my engineering degree and work indoors now.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 01-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I see where your coming from but I'm pissed off because its a trick.

ALL highway speed camera's here are set to trigger at 72mph... What I, and many other drivers do here is set the cruise on our cars to a safe 70mph so when passing by a speed camera we wont have to worry about slowing down/slamming brakes etc, etc..

What they've done here is put up a small crappy sign that says "55 MPH" and they actually programmed the cameras to flash at 62 mph in that area.. So when your driving along thinking your fine cruising at 70 you get flashed for going 15 over the limit.

Then there is the orange construction signs with the cheesey orang flags flapping around but again, no construction.. Its been like this for the past month and a half, probably longer and I drive through that section almost everyday at different times... Never seen a worker.

Now I wouldn't be pissed if there actually was construction or workers on site, I'd be cool with that but there is never anyone there working.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
My state doesn't have cameras (i don't think), so i'm not really familiar with those tactics.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
I see where your coming from but I'm pissed off because its a trick.

ALL highway speed camera's here are set to trigger at 72mph... What I, and many other drivers do here is set the cruise on our cars to a safe 70mph so when passing by a speed camera we wont have to worry about slowing down/slamming brakes etc, etc..

What they've done here is put up a small crappy sign that says "55 MPH" and they actually programmed the cameras to flash at 62 mph in that area.. So when your driving along thinking your fine cruising at 70 you get flashed for going 15 over the limit.

Then there is the orange construction signs with the cheesey orang flags flapping around but again, no construction.. Its been like this for the past month and a half, probably longer and I drive through that section almost everyday at different times... Never seen a worker.

Now I wouldn't be pissed if there actually was construction or workers on site, I'd be cool with that but there is never anyone there working.
If you would go 65mph in a 65mph zone, there would be no issue with you going 65 in a 55 :-) as they trigger at 11mph over. I drive the speed limit all the time, but at work I have to drive faster, so I don't really mind the cameras. All of my tickets have been justified and dismissed.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i havent got a single ticket since i got my G.

now my 240,.. i was pulled over it felt like, every cop i saw, just to fack with me.

pigs...lol

Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
me being young (22) tinted windows, always driving at like 2-4am (from bars etc) i have gotten pulled over 2x in a little over a year. 1 was just to see if i was drinking practly after leaving my cusins house to go home (good thing i dont drink and drive). other was for when i chipped my tires cus i had 3 drunk people tell me "GO" cus it was green adn i was looking at my gps not paying attn. (cops were near me when i did that) he gave me a speeding ticket. but other then that i just play cool in my car drive arund 70 on freeway, on streets i tend to not drive more then 5mph over. i just keep it cool i had alot of tickets in my rice rocket so i try not to get any in this car

Old 01-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER

Easiest thing to do is become a member of Pre-Paid legal and learn how to properly behave during the traffic stop.
how do u become a member of Pre-Paid legal and learn how to properly behave during the traffic stop ?? if u have any of those tips saved from that post that got deleted please pm me with them. thanks!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
Oh and if u do end up getting a ticket.. so easy to get out of it if you fight it in court.. Ive gotten out of a few.
how did you get out of tickets in court?
was it at the arraignment or the trial?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
when u go fight it in court here in canada u may face up to the maximum fine which may be up to 5000$ sometimes if u are found guilty. i dont know how it works in the states.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:26 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Only ticket in my car was for tint. And he was just monitoring traffic and i was the only car to go by that had somthing illegal done to the car, so he tagged me. The man hates tint, or anything modded. I saw him pull over a 240sx the other day for exhaust. Just ridiculous. Wish i could report him for being an asswipe.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I used to work in construction when i was in college and used to work out on the roadways with my father as an electrician. I have some good stories about speeding motorists in construction zones.

As far as the signs being up, depending on the agency and/or location of the job, they are sometimes permanently required to be mounted. So the job might only be happening on certain days of the week (depending on weather, conditions, if permits were pulled, waiting on inspection, etc) and then there is always the time before and after the job when the signs actually get mounted and removed. So yes, i agree that there are always signs up when there is no work going. Here in MA, if the highway is divided with a physical barrier in the middle, then travel in the opposite side is not restricted unless it's center highway work such as roadway lighting. If the road is undivided, then both lanes are restricted. So no that doesn't mean you can fly by in your car if they are working on the other side of the road.

As for speeding through construction zones?? I HATE people who do it. Do you know how scary it is to work on the highway when cars are zipping by you at 45MPH? Try doing it when you are focused on your work and bent over with your back to traffic. I had a lady once drift into the cones and nearly take me out once.

I have actually ASKED our police detail to pull the radar gun out and run radar. It slows traffic right down. It's a great tool. When the cop sits in the car, people fly by without a care because they feel he isn't going to pull them over. But when the cop is out and actively watching and stopping people...they slow right down. They also bitch and complain about the traffic, but i don't care...i got to go home that day.

But the biggest reason i HATE people who speed through construction zones....the day a guy lost control because he was speeding and plowed into our roadway setup clipping my leg and hitting my father nearly killing him. It took 2 years to fully recover from. We had all the signs, lights, cops, cones, etc required by law, and the guy was hauling *** according to many witnesses.

So i have no mercy for anyone who drives reckless through a construction zone. Fines should be TRIPLE or more if you ask me. You tend to think this way when you are the one with your life on the line

Thankfully i got my engineering degree and work indoors now.
That's crazy man! I'm glad you and your father are doing well now.
I completely agree that there needs to be stiffer punishment for speeding in construction zones, however, I also feel that this should ONLY apply when there are people working in those construction zones. If no one is around the site to begin with, and it is safe to drive the normal speed limit (the road is not heavily damaged, no unexpected lane shifts) then there shouldn't be heavy fines.

I respect for law enforcement, and believe they should be more proactive when there is active construction (by active, I mean people working.)

However, if there is one police entity that I do not care for, it's LAPD!
Those Mother F***ers pulled me over for no reason! i dropped my mom and siblings at LAX (she has to walk them to gate since they're minors) and I was driving around LA waiting for my mom to call me that she was ready to get picked up. I got pulled over by LAPD.
The cop demanded my license and registration, so I pull it out and give it to him. Then I asked, " was I driving too fast officer? " he said "no" I asked," was there something wrong with my driving then officer?" he said "no" then i asked "okay.. Im just wondering why I got pulled over then" and he responded "BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. NOW SHUT THE F*** UP!"
total a$$hole! In the end, he gave me a ticket for no plate, even after I had pointed out that I had a previous (recent) ticket from CHP for that and was due to go to court in the next couple of weeks and that I had ordered it from DMV already. his response was "it's your lucky day. Now when you come down to court in Valencia, you can drive your *** to the court here in LA for this one too." (I'm from Nor Cal)
totall a$$.. now I know why they get shot up so much down there!.. jesus christ, I spent 3 yrs @ Sheriff's Office in their explorer-cadet program in High School, and have never seen such a lack of professionalism and respect.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One word answer: Sedan.

That's the reason I have one. In fact, looking back at it, this is the silver lining to being screwed out of the 18's that should have come on my car and getting the 17's off an automatic ( I have a 6mt). Although my car is the color of fire, it is fairly non-descript. If you have a manual, I'd suggest upshifting at 3k or less, because alot of people associate higher rpm with speed, because their automatic transmission makes that true. Admittedly, there's nothing like the look on a modded srt4 driver's face who gets owned by a family sedan from a 40 roll.

In fact, I'll use this as an example. This guy is driving a silver srt4, apart from the rims (stock) and the spoiler (factory) the car looked mostly stock. Apart from the ACR decals, it looks like a neon should. This guy however was begging for police trouble. Weaving in and out of traffic and shifting at WOT (had a wotbox, I saw black smoke leave his tail pipes when he shifted), this driver basically begged the police to pull him over, driving through a construction zone (that is on a bridge) at almost double the posted limit.

I'll have to admit, I know I caused some of it, because he was at WOT leaving the initial stop light, thinking he's left everyone behind, and he looks over and there's a G35 at 75% acceleration pulling away...When you feel like driving like a dick, know the risks, and make sure someone has a bigger dick than you, and you can wallow is his police magnetizing shadow...

Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not the car
Its not the cops
Its you.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 AM
it is the way you drive.
i've gotten my first ticket from this car lol.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by fl0wmastr
how do u become a member of Pre-Paid legal and learn how to properly behave during the traffic stop ?? if u have any of those tips saved from that post that got deleted please pm me with them. thanks!

I'll try to put some **** together later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!