G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
Yea I had something similar once..

I got pulled over and the cop said they were looking for a vehicle that looked like mine. It was sort of akward since I was in middle of a desert driving to a lake. Then he gave me a 30 min talk about my tint being 2 dark and my exhaust 2 loud. Blah Blah Blah Blah..

I havent been pulled over for quiet awhile tho.. so Im feeling good.
your lucky..ive gotten 3 tickets in 2 months..i have one more court appearance.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Lol.. I havent really been speeding or doing anything stupid w my G. That car gets treated like a Princess. Only the best.

When I was 16 tho.. that was another story. 3 Tickets in 6 months. I was the Local street racers. Had to grow up eventually... or once I got my license suspended lol. Now I sort of feel stupid about it.
lol i havent really been speeding lately either..on my way to DC i was being passed by everybody..the speed limit is 65 and i was doing 70 the whole time. your a little older than me by a few months but im glad we're growing up.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Haha!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Cars do slam on their brakes and when people are driving 60-75 miles an hour on a open hw many + the cell phones and the big mac, they just bought before getting on the freeway.. it does cause accident. I don't think its a huge increase to where it would be an issue but if you have driven on the hw you will have noticed that cars do brake every few 100 ft when they see a camera. Its quiet annoying. Do you even live in AZ?

2. Cops DO serve tickets that they didn't write.. I know from personal experience. The process of the camera tickets is that they first send you one in the mail.. if you don’t respond or send the state "their money", they do send a officer to your house. His job is to serve you the ticket and have you sign that you received it. Then if you don't respond they suspend your license. So you might want to touch up on your research on that one.

3. I agree.. cops do have other things to do but to service a little car accident. I think that 2 hours waiting in middle of a street w cars zooming by on Bell Rd (one of the craziest st in AZ) is extreme tho. Most people, when they get into a car accident, don’t want to move their cars until the police comes so they just sit there in middle of the st. Could be a cause of another accident eh? I just think the cops could be put to better use of answering calls like that instead of walking door to door to get 180 dollars for a speeding ticket especially since we are so short on police apparently as is.

I love it when a girl knows what shes talking about.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol +1

Old 01-19-2009, 02:31 PM
**** cops....lol

i dodged a pot hole once and got pulled over and issued a warning.

same pot hole with a cop behind me,... i swallowed my prided and went threw the pot holes,..........got two flat tires,... cop saw me do it, and didnt even stop to help

dueche

Old 01-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
1. Cars do slam on their brakes and when people are driving 60-75 miles an hour on a open hw many + the cell phones and the big mac, they just bought before getting on the freeway.. it does cause accident. I don't think its a huge increase to where it would be an issue but if you have driven on the hw you will have noticed that cars do brake every few 100 ft when they see a camera. Its quiet annoying. Do you even live in AZ?
Actually, I do live in AZ, and I do spend quite a bit of time driving as I do it for a living. If I were you I would request a traffic collision report from ADOT from when the cameras got installed and before that so you can see that the amount of accidents has not gone up or down.

2. Cops DO serve tickets that they didn't write.. I know from personal experience. The process of the camera tickets is that they first send you one in the mail.. if you don’t respond or send the state "their money", they do send a officer to your house. His job is to serve you the ticket and have you sign that you received it. Then if you don't respond they suspend your license. So you might want to touch up on your research on that one.
Cops do NOT serve tickets they did not write, unless, like I said, they are a reserve with the Sheriff's Office, as they are the only ones that are allowed by their department policy to enforce laws county wide with no restrictions. I do not even want to get into multi jurisdictional issues there would exist for a Scottsdale cop to drive to your house in Surprise and serve you. Also, I am well aware of how the camera systems work, and even who the company is that owns them, as well as any sub-contracts they have with process servers that go out and serve them if people do not respond to them. All cameras on the freeway are contracted to DPS by the way, and they will not send one of their officers to serve you if you do not respond. Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, and any other city agency in Arizona also do not serve citations on their own behalf, as a process server does it, and they get paid only if the citation is served. If you had a police officer come out and serve you, I would like to hear who the agency was that sent him.

3. I agree.. cops do have other things to do but to service a little car accident. I think that 2 hours waiting in middle of a street w cars zooming by on Bell Rd (one of the craziest st in AZ) is extreme tho. Most people, when they get into a car accident, don’t want to move their cars until the police comes so they just sit there in middle of the st. Could be a cause of another accident eh? I just think the cops could be put to better use of answering calls like that instead of walking door to door to get 180 dollars for a speeding ticket especially since we are so short on police apparently as is.

Well, by law, you HAVE to move your car out of the roadway, unless its disabled, and if they are disabled and the fire department responded, I guarantee you it does not take the cops 2 hours to respond. And where on Bell road did this occur? And if you think Bell Road is bad, you haven't driven downtown during rush hour much.

Originally Posted by BrettFoxxG35
I love it when a girl knows what shes talking about.
Last time I checked, misinformation is not knowledge.

Last edited by thatoneguy; 01-20-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5
**** cops....lol

i dodged a pot hole once and got pulled over and issued a warning.

same pot hole with a cop behind me,... i swallowed my prided and went threw the pot holes,..........got two flat tires,... cop saw me do it, and didnt even stop to help

dueche
Wow, a lot of cops follow you down that same stretch of road.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 AM
naw man,.. it was just my luck tho

Old 01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
This thread is entertaining..lol

Just drive within the law and you'll be fine. If you don't want to do that, figure out a way to avoid cops. Good luck with that choice.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM
this thread delivers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!