G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in AZ, myself and others refer to what they've been doing by setting up all these cameras and whatnot with the vans - referred to as highway robbery, simple motives for them doing this "ohh we need more income to support the things we got going and the new officers we recently got and new equipment, so by doing this we'll get more income as well "reducing" traffic accidents due to speeding."

...Seen too many people slam their brakes when they are going with the flow of traffic and the guy in front get flashed and then chain reaction happens...

there are people who annoy me though, even though they aren't breaking any laws by keeping it safe by driving below the speed limit - it's just annoy when I have my car set to cruise control at 65mph and I come up behind other cars that are wayyy ahead of me and they are in the far left lane too -__-"

Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I've been issued some citations, but no more than with previous cars/trucks I've owned. The G really doesn't attract that much attention, even with my loudazz exhaust & Vortech, slammed with a kit. It's your driving, not the car....unless it's LR or CB or a bright custom color.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by chinabean
in AZ, myself and others refer to what they've been doing by setting up all these cameras and whatnot with the vans - referred to as highway robbery, simple motives for them doing this "ohh we need more income to support the things we got going and the new officers we recently got and new equipment, so by doing this we'll get more income as well "reducing" traffic accidents due to speeding."

...Seen too many people slam their brakes when they are going with the flow of traffic and the guy in front get flashed and then chain reaction happens...

there are people who annoy me though, even though they aren't breaking any laws by keeping it safe by driving below the speed limit - it's just annoy when I have my car set to cruise control at 65mph and I come up behind other cars that are wayyy ahead of me and they are in the far left lane too -__-"
I've driven 26 years in Chicago. 15 summers in Greece, Italy and Germany, including Athens and Rome.

A couple years ago I started visiting my brother who had just moved down to Phoenix. It was then I realized that not Chicago, not even Athens or Rome, all of which have metro populations at least 3 times that of metro Phoenix have anything on the irreverent driving I witnessed down there.

Even older folks drive their Lexus at 65 mph (in the right lane) in Scottsdale on Camelback Road.

You have Doug Parker and all the US Air execs ripping down Camelback drunk during the FBR Open Golf tourney- drinking fest.

Pickups doing 85-90 in the right lane on the Pima Freeway.

Drivers doing 85-90 in the left lane deciding to exit 2/10 of a mile before the exit, swinging over three lanes to the right. (In this latter way a respected Maricopa County Judge was killed by a swinging trailer while he was riding his motorcycle in broad daylight.

Every morning rush and evening commute a fatal accident due to excessive speed and causing two hour commutes over 8 mile stretches of four lane wide freeway.

By comparison we get a bad fatal freeway accident in Chicago during rush hour. When we do snow is usually partly to blame.

News helicopter pursuits of high speed police car chases, one of which ended in a crash near ASU over a year ago.

This despite the beautiful roads and lack of inclement weather. No snow, little rain, but there are waiting lists to get cars into body shops for repairs. My brother's previous car was totalled in a hit and run in Chandler on Ray Rd. The police shrug their shoulders claiming that the situation is out of control.

IMO metro Phoenix really needs the cameras for road safety. Real bad.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude, go check out Bell Rd in the west valley.. Its not even a street, its a fcking race track.. No exaggeration.

Since the cameras have been up I can safely say that no ever does more than 70-75 on the highways anymore... Bean is right though now, people slam their brakes for no reason just to be sure they don't get flashed.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
i know i'm being redundant, but i had the same reaction when i got my first two speeding tickets in the G, i hadn't changed my habits, if anything i drove slower than with the Vic, things i used to get away with i just couldn't any more (going through a speed trap at 135 (km/h)),
they're trying to bring in speed cameras in here, but it's not going well. getting tied up in their own paperwork.
it's the driver that's the problem, and i suppose the "conditioning" we receive that it's "normal" to speed.
Some limits are ridiculous, around here we have multi-lane highways with a 70 limit (km/h) where even the city buses do at least 100, and the cops have been trying to get the limit raised for years.

but as has been repeated, don't give 'em a reason.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah its less than 11 over.. I got flashed for going a tad over 72.. weird.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree, this city is run by retards.

I don't mind the red light cameras.. Those are fine because people should NOT be running redlights.. but the speed cameras have got to go.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by frog
me being young (22) tinted windows, always driving at like 2-4am (from bars etc) i have gotten pulled over 2x in a little over a year. 1 was just to see if i was drinking practly after leaving my cusins house to go home (good thing i dont drink and drive). other was for when i chipped my tires cus i had 3 drunk people tell me "GO" cus it was green adn i was looking at my gps not paying attn. (cops were near me when i did that) he gave me a speeding ticket. but other then that i just play cool in my car drive arund 70 on freeway, on streets i tend to not drive more then 5mph over. i just keep it cool i had alot of tickets in my rice rocket so i try not to get any in this car
lol....i just turned 21 man

Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in Tampa. I'm slammed on volk's with an exhaust and I have no issues.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
pics!!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
People have starting driving 60 in a 65 so I dont even take the hw anymore bc i get pissed off. Plus theyre sending out thousands of tickets a day and most people are just throwing them away. Then they waste money of sending cops door to door to serve the tickets yet when my friend got into a car accident last week it took the cops 2 hours to come out.Total BS!!! Phoenix is horrible.
A few things:

1. There are not too many 10 car pileups on the freeway. If people didn't follow too closely to begin with, it would NEVER be an issue, and a vast majority of car accident could be avoided. No difference of someone breaking for a speed camera or a broken down motorist or another type of emergency situation that could arise at those speeds. Biggest causes of accidents are inattention and failing to yield to right of way, whether it be at a left turn, a stop sign, or a red light.

2. Cops don't serve tickets. They have process servers that do that and they are hired by the private contractor that runs the camera system. If an "officer" is to serve you a ticket, it would be one that he wrote, or he is a reserve deputy with the Sheriff's Department trying to pick up extra money.

3. A car accident, unless there are injuries, or other exigent circumstances, is a pretty low priority call. There is nothing criminal about a car accident 95% of the time. It is a civil matter between two parties, with a civil citation being issued to the party which the police officer deems at fault. (Being at fault in the court of law is much different than being at fault for the accident in the eyes of the insurance companies as they go trough a separate hearing to determine who will be paying out to who, and how much.) The fact that your friend had to wait two hours when she got in an accident doesn't say much about the police force in general, as many squads in all of the precinct have less than 8 people covering an area of approximately 45 square miles in any given 10 hour period, and they respond to approximately 100 calls for service per day, per shift, which is a lot.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I had a bmw when i was younger and always went fast in that thing..all of a sudden in the last 2 months ive received my first 3 tickets for numorous things and have been pulled over even more times!!! its ridiculous..ive had a cop stop me because he suspected it of being stolen and ive been stopped for dodging pot holes!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35= Cop Magnet? How to avoid tickets & keep license? Help!!!