G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

10% Tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by 07PEARL6MT
So now whos coming onto driver and complaining like a girl about it? Stop being a hypocrite you CHOSE to tint.

Did I say it was "alright" to do so? No, I said do it if you want but you know the cops better in your own town than others. People know that tint is illegal we dont need people like you saying that everytime someone asks if they should or not. Hell, putting clear corners on your car is illegal if it didnt come that way from the factory.
Pearl, everything you just posted is just wrong and total misinformation
especially in reference to clear sides and my complaining about getting
tickets for tint. Clear sides come with amber bulbs....legal! My post about
getting tickets for tint was an example not a complaint. I drove my '92 300
ZXTT for 12 years with 20% tint and no front license plate without a ticket
but I was damn lucky....not everyone is!
Gary

Old 02-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if I want 5% or 15% on my coupe.

Last G I had was 20% and that looked good too.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys...to clear up a couple things...

As cops we understand the risk we take every day and night when we head into work. We don't complain, we simply do our job. yes...there are ******* cops...I work with some of them so we can put that argument to rest

We're always more careful when approaching a car with dark tint..why...we can't see shiznit.....duh.... but...there are different tactics on approaching a car with dark tint... As long as were smart about it....we get to go home at night

I personally use it as a violation if im looking for something else....i.e. drugs, guns, drunks...yada yada... But many times you can tell what kind of person you have in the car and their "guilt" level with a minute or two of conversation....if you are usually given back your license within a minute or so of being stopped...your not what were looking for...be happy and go about your way.

If you have gone 12-20-100 years with dark tint and not gotten stop....Great!! Just means you didn't draw our attention for any reason....which means you saw us before we saw you and were driving like Mother Theresa on her way to church....or you really are just a good driver and we have no reason to stop you...

****bags drive nice cars too... So were not always looking for the ugly cars.... or donks on 26" rims.... People have their 86 year old grandmas co-signing for them on Chargers, 300's, and various other cars... so it's all fair game...

Other than that...have a good day...enjoy your dark tint...I do... and even I've been stopped for it...

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
^ to be more polite, when I got pulled over and had tint I would turn on the interior light and roll down the windows to make the inside of the car more visible.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by imaxorz
^ to be more polite, when I got pulled over and had tint I would turn on the interior light and roll down the windows to make the inside of the car more visible.
you mean to try to get out of the ticket you would do that.

dont be ashamed i do that and the whole hands out the windows if its night. if it saves me a ticket its worth that level of *** kissing

Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
^ well yeah, anything to help with a ticket.

For example while I was waiting for my personilized plate to come in I only had a temporary tag in the window.

I was driving on Thursday night and a cop was behind me for like 2 miles. I was just waiting to get pulled over. I missed the place I needed, so I went into this random dark parking lot to turn around and the cop followed, so I just parked and waited.

He turned his lights on, so I rolled down my windows and turned the interior lights on and put my hands on the door so he can see them since it was dark.

He was very nice to me and just wanted to see why I had no tags as he didn't see the temporary tag in the window.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Yea Pearl, we have heard this from you before but this is just your opinion.
Why then did I get stopped JUST for tint 4 different times on the 210 FWY
by the CHP? They didn't write anything else and it was only 15% not that
dark. It was however dark enough to catch their attention and apparently
that's what they were looking for over a 5 year span. I could care less if
you paint your windows black, just don't tell the member here it's alright
to go with 5% tint. Law enforcement needs to be able to see who's
driving your vehicle, if they can't you'll receive a violation regardless of
what city you live in.
Gary
truth

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM
how are tints tacky???

i think that should be the first mod to ANY car...........

also it depends on where you live as far as tickets...i have never got pulled by a cop here in NC and i have 10% all around...im sure most think im some kind of drug dealer or whatever but the tints make the car look good and help protect from the sun

Old 02-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Pearl, everything you just posted is just wrong and total misinformation
especially in reference to clear sides and my complaining about getting
tickets for tint. Clear sides come with amber bulbs....legal! My post about
getting tickets for tint was an example not a complaint. I drove my '92 300
ZXTT for 12 years with 20% tint and no front license plate without a ticket
but I was damn lucky....not everyone is!
Gary
Now your giving wrong information. One of my local law enforcement officers who happened to be one of my teachers showed me himself where it is unlawful to do so. Dont complain to me hes a cop so im sure he knows more than yourself about the law since hes writing the tickets. Is it something they usually site people for? No but doesnt mean that it isnt still one of those whacky rules that are in the book.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. I went ahead with the 10%. Here are some pictures:

The dark window is noticeably darker than the side windows. The installer insisted it was the same tint and that the angle makes it look darker.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
looks great!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by 07PEARL6MT
People who are to scared to put 35% or lower shouldnt even tint their cars. Honestly if your not doing something stupid that makes them want to pull you over or as long is not a town where they ticket you no matter what kinda tint you have youll be fine. What we dont need is people who were afraid to go darker than 35% and to keep complaining on driver how everyones gonna get a ticket

My town is strict on tint and I would cruise around in a bright red BMW with limo tint all around. I got pulled over ONCE in my entire life for tint. The cop asked me "Isnt your tint a little dark?" so I told the officer "Why, yes, yes it is." The cop gave me back my DL and proceeded to leave.
I call major BS. I have 35% on my car and last October got pulled over (i was not doing anything, this cop was running radar and nobody was speeding) and he pulled me over and gave me a $125 ticket for 35% tint.

Now im thinking about retinting my windows to 50%

Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I call major BS. I have 35% on my car and last October got pulled over (i was not doing anything, this cop was running radar and nobody was speeding) and he pulled me over and gave me a $125 ticket for 35% tint.

Now im thinking about retinting my windows to 50%
Sucks for you but still doesnt make what I said bs.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Yes it does. You said cops wont come after you unless you are doing somthing wrong.

Well i wasnt, and i still got a ticket!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Looks just like mine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 10% Tint