G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about it, but i didnt realize how expensive they were. Any affordable brands youd suggest? (not cheap, just not top of the line)

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
^ 350z tein s tech

Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey guys I just bought a 06 G35 coupe...
should be delivered here in like 2 hours..
I want new exhaust for it thou.. i want loud and.. good sound..
new to g35driver so still figurin things out.
thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
G35 mods

i've had my G for about 4 months now for performance parts i've added HKS hi power dual exhaust with burnt titanium tips...motordyne plenum spacer, injen cold air intake, stillen headers and race pipe...stillen lightweight underdriver pulleys...and soon to be adding a kinetiz intake manifold and a hypertech chip...what other parts should i add that will boost HP besides a turbo/supercharger? Do cams make a big difference? and what about pistons?

Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyLambo
i've had my G for about 4 months now for performance parts i've added HKS hi power dual exhaust with burnt titanium tips...motordyne plenum spacer, injen cold air intake, stillen headers and race pipe...stillen lightweight underdriver pulleys...and soon to be adding a kinetiz intake manifold and a hypertech chip...what other parts should i add that will boost HP besides a turbo/supercharger? Do cams make a big difference? and what about pistons?
Higher compression pistons and an aggressive set of cams should produce a good gain once tuned. Which Kinetix manifold are you talking about? The "Velocity" manifold will produce very minor gains on a N/A setup but will work well once boosted. If you want the best performance gains FI is the way to go.
Hypertech Chip-?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin1906
Hey guys I just bought a 06 G35 coupe...
should be delivered here in like 2 hours..
I want new exhaust for it thou.. i want loud and.. good sound..
new to g35driver so still figurin things out.
thanks
Ask the same question on 6MT or My350Z, these guys here talk sh*t about your choice unless you drop $4000 on any mod you do.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Ask the same question on 6MT or My350Z, these guys here talk sh*t about your choice unless you drop $4000 on any mod you do.
WTF are you talking about, who here talks **** to anybody for not buying the most expensive brand? People may suggest staying away from some of the replica exhausts because of their sound and build quality. Nobody is going to flame people for not buying name-brand items.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
WTF are you talking about, who here talks **** to anybody for not buying the most expensive brand? People may suggest staying away from some of the replica exhausts because of their sound and build quality. Nobody is going to flame people for not buying name-brand items.
Someone was flaming up some guy the other day for buying $1300 Vossen wheels, saying, "They are rice and cheap." they were not rice but I guess b/c cheap = rice and rice is bad. On my350z there is a whole thread on the x02, godspeed, speed daddy, hks replica exhaust, everyone that has it says it is great, noticeable hp, sounds great, etc. On here mention any of those exhausts, and well, go ahead and rip 'em apart everyone else does. I do not see the problem with buying something for a great price and see almost the same differences in the products, why buy HKS for $1200 when you get the same thing for $400? B/C one has HKS scribed in the side of it? If you look over both of the exhausts up close inside and out, they are almost identical, same material, same type of welds done by machine, hell they are probably all built in the same warehouse by the same people. I just thing some...no most, opinions are slightly biased, b/c their friend said something bad about that item. Some of us do not have the same spoiled brat, get whatever you want from mommy and daddy attitude, so saving $800 can be a great thing.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Someone was flaming up some guy the other day for buying $1300 Vossen wheels, saying, "They are rice and cheap." they were not rice but I guess b/c cheap = rice and rice is bad. On my350z there is a whole thread on the x02, godspeed, speed daddy, hks replica exhaust, everyone that has it says it is great, noticeable hp, sounds great, etc. On here mention any of those exhausts, and well, go ahead and rip 'em apart everyone else does. I do not see the problem with buying something for a great price and see almost the same differences in the products, why buy HKS for $1200 when you get the same thing for $400? B/C one has HKS scribed in the side of it? If you look over both of the exhausts up close inside and out, they are almost identical, same material, same type of welds done by machine, hell they are probably all built in the same warehouse by the same people. I just thing some...no most, opinions are slightly biased, b/c their friend said something bad about that item. Some of us do not have the same spoiled brat, get whatever you want from mommy and daddy attitude, so saving $800 can be a great thing.
I was not in that thread or I would have called that guy out and told him he's a fvcking idiot.

I don't know much about the differences in exhaust systems so I don't take sides when it comes to that. All I tell people is I have the HKS and I like it. Yes, people are biased on this forum and it does get out of control sometimes. I see this happen too often on here.

Still, you shouldn't imply that everyone on this forum is biased or flames others for not buying name-brand products which is the main reason I responded to your previous post.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
I was not in that thread or I would have called that guy out and told him he's a fvcking idiot.

I don't know much about the differences in exhaust systems so I don't take sides when it comes to that. All I tell people is I have the HKS and I like it. Yes, people are biased on this forum and it does get out of control sometimes. I see this happen too often on here.

Still, you shouldn't imply that everyone on this forum is biased or flames others for not buying name-brand products which is the main reason I responded to your previous post.
yeah I know. I just get that way b/c it does seem everyone on here is out to rip anyone(as long as you are not their buddy) a new one. It seems there a bunch of "cliques" on this forum and if you are not part of one, then you are just a dumba$$, at least that is how they make oyu feel.

On the otherhand, I want the HKS so bad, but just can not afford it, well I could but I would have to move into my car b/c my girl would kill me for spending that much on my car. She says it's just a car. She flipped when she say I paid $300 for intake and almost $500 for sway bars. I would be lucky to slip the $400 knock off exhaust past her.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
another great thread going down the toilet by bunch of noobs..take it to pm..

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by laksjd84
another great thread going down the toilet by bunch of noobs..take it to pm..
Seriously. All these unrelated side conversations are one of the reasons why this thread is so cluttered and people don't even try to read back and find the answer to their question that has been asked and answered 15 times in this same thread... and just ask it again

Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyLambo
I'll bite just because I somehow got back into this thread.

If you're staying NA, the most HP you''re going to get cost-effectively is from:
Z-tube/K&N filter (there are dyno sheets up proving that most CAI's actually lose horsepower due to heat soak)
Plenum spacer &MREV2 (if you have a revup)
High flow cats or test pipes and dual exhaust.
Osiris dyno tune. (this is the key to unlocking the extra ponies because your A/F isn't going to be optimal after all the intake/exhaust mods.

Anything more than this really doesn't do jack unless you are willing to spend several thousand $$ for minimal gains.

If you want to turbo it you are also looking at a lot of money, and it is a VERY slippery slope. My advise, honestly, is just do what I said above and be happy with a perky, responsive, fun, RELIABLE daily driver. Invest in suspension and tires instead.

There really is no cheap way to get a lot of HP out of these cars... its not a honda

Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
I'll bite just because I somehow got back into this thread.

If you're staying NA, the most HP you''re going to get cost-effectively is from:
Z-tube/K&N filter (there are dyno sheets up proving that most CAI's actually lose horsepower due to heat soak)
Plenum spacer &MREV2 (if you have a revup)
High flow cats or test pipes and dual exhaust.
Osiris dyno tune. (this is the key to unlocking the extra ponies because your A/F isn't going to be optimal after all the intake/exhaust mods.

Anything more than this really doesn't do jack unless you are willing to spend several thousand $$ for minimal gains.

If you want to turbo it you are also looking at a lot of money, and it is a VERY slippery slope. My advise, honestly, is just do what I said above and be happy with a perky, responsive, fun, RELIABLE daily driver. Invest in suspension and tires instead.

There really is no cheap way to get a lot of HP out of these cars... its not a honda
Yes suspension. There is a deffinate difference when I put on my hotchkis sway bars. I set mine to medium in the back and the next to stiffest in the front. Huge difference.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
i was thinking about the velocity manifold then i read up on it and realized it won't do **** for n/a...i brang it to the track today with all those mods i listed before and only ran a 14.574....whats up with that? why is my car running so slow?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread