G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for you feedback. I was told when shopping around for an intake that since I live in Florida I should not get the longer reaching intake due to water on the roads. And you read my mind about having the Top Speed pro 1. It is very affordable and the sound is great. Thanks again. What have you heard about Unichip? I was told that was my only option from a local speed shop who said I should see gains up to 60 HP

Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Old 07-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I just picked up an 05 coupe. I want to know what my best option is for more hp for the least amount of cash because I am on a students budget. The only thing i've done to the car is put a z-tube with kn panel filter. Which should be my next option. Should I get a mrev2? Or get test pipes. Or if there is anything else. I want to keep it looking stock until I hop on it. Thanks

Old 07-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xCali
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I just picked up an 05 coupe. I want to know what my best option is for more hp for the least amount of cash because I am on a students budget. The only thing i've done to the car is put a z-tube with kn panel filter. Which should be my next option. Should I get a mrev2? Or get test pipes. Or if there is anything else. I want to keep it looking stock until I hop on it. Thanks
cheap and most effective would have to be test pipes

Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by R10T_x
cheap and most effective would have to be test pipes
The only problem I have is it California legal because I know California has stupid rules??

Old 07-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2006 G35 coupe 6mt. I came from an Integra GSR so know next to nothing about G's but they have always been my dream car, I'm so excited to get started. I want to take advantage of this v6 but keep it a daily driver! For example: lighter flywheel etc, will that make it hard to DD, aside from chatter is it hard to drive smoothly, like will pulling away from a red light or out of a parking lot be smooth like stock or will it be jerky? Also with test pipes, ART pipes, etc.. how bad do fumes get? Like I said i'm definitely going for performance but this is my Daily Driver!

So my main question is, "Fellow G drivers, what mods are worth the money?!"

ECU modifications or tuning?

Grounding? (GroundingGear or SxExCx)

MD exhaust like ART pipes, TDX2, XYZ (Are fumes bad?)

5/16 spacer with MREV2

Those are just some of the things that have caught my attention, please let me know what YOU like best on YOUR G35 that you would recommend and why. I would like to hear from people that also have 6mt's not A/T, but any info is helpful.

Thank you!

Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I have an 03 Red coupe, I was wondering, how much should I pay for black window tint?

Also, anyone know of red brake calipers that exactly match the red paintjob, or should I go with the gold?

Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by nohoch
I have an 03 Red coupe, I was wondering, how much should I pay for black window tint?

Also, anyone know of red brake calipers that exactly match the red paintjob, or should I go with the gold?
Tint depends on the shop, quality of material, and percentage. Just call 3 local shops and go with the cheapest. I wouldn't do red calipers since you car is already red. But if you like that kind of thing, go for it.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Red calipers might be overkill.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Lost on what to do next

when i first bought my car i went all performance:

Injen intake
plenum spacer
Borla exhaust

then I went out and bought clear corner lights, then some mud guards got them painted and then some rims.

but now i want to go back to performance and dont know what I could possibly do to make it faster without using FI.

I have a few ideas but am still iffy about them, either Hi-flow cats, or the kinetix, or Mrev2? any input on those 3, or even any other items that would make it faster will help. thank you.

2004-5AT-coupe

Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by Northwest.BSG35
I have a 2006 G35 coupe 6mt. I came from an Integra GSR so know next to nothing about G's but they have always been my dream car, I'm so excited to get started. I want to take advantage of this v6 but keep it a daily driver! For example: lighter flywheel etc, will that make it hard to DD, aside from chatter is it hard to drive smoothly, like will pulling away from a red light or out of a parking lot be smooth like stock or will it be jerky? Also with test pipes, ART pipes, etc.. how bad do fumes get? Like I said i'm definitely going for performance but this is my Daily Driver!

So my main question is, "Fellow G drivers, what mods are worth the money?!"

ECU modifications or tuning?

Grounding? (GroundingGear or SxExCx)

MD exhaust like ART pipes, TDX2, XYZ (Are fumes bad?)

5/16 spacer with MREV2

Those are just some of the things that have caught my attention, please let me know what YOU like best on YOUR G35 that you would recommend and why. I would like to hear from people that also have 6mt's not A/T, but any info is helpful.

Thank you!
I have an 06 6mt, the most noticeable mod was the 5/16 spacer and a modified non-rev lower plenum (ie MREV2). MREV2 is certainly easier bolt and go, but I didn't mind (and am able to) doing some modding myself. If you're worried about fumes, go with high-flow cats (HFC) because that seems to be the biggest bottle necks on these cars.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by shafferjohn92
when i first bought my car i went all performance:

Injen intake
plenum spacer
Borla exhaust

then I went out and bought clear corner lights, then some mud guards got them painted and then some rims.

but now i want to go back to performance and dont know what I could possibly do to make it faster without using FI.

I have a few ideas but am still iffy about them, either Hi-flow cats, or the kinetix, or Mrev2? any input on those 3, or even any other items that would make it faster will help. thank you.

2004-5AT-coupe
Mrev2 is for the rev up motors which you don't have. Go with high flow cats.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There was a review by a member showing data that indicated the MD Spacer 5/16 actually causes a decrease in hp or torque?? It was in the review section I believe.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
No way^^

Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Northwest.BSG35
No way^^
https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews...-feedback.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread