G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by KwickG35
That's not bad. I got my berks for $400 at the beginning of the year; they have since raised it to $480. You should also find out how much the Fast Intentions HFC's are by sending them a PM.

You could get the Berks from here: http://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/...4970.146.88.38

They are a sponsor here.

Last edited by DRG35MIA; 08-31-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey whats up guys, proud new owner of my first g35 coupe 6mt and new to this website... I live in Davie, Florida and im new to the g35s, in the past ive had tegs n civic hatchys so not sure on how to go about hooking up this g... Was wondering if anyone can help me out on where i can go for a good certified infiniti/nissan tuner shop? Anyone knows would greatly appreciate it

Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
^^^
Thanks for the tip! Are there any major difference between the Berk and FI HFC's, or just different sounds?

Also,what differs between stainless steel and polished stainless steel?Polished just looks cleaner?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
^^^
Thanks for the tip! Are there any major difference between the Berk and FI HFC's, or just different sounds?

Also,what differs between stainless steel and polished stainless steel?Polished just looks cleaner?
I don't really know the difference as I have never had FI cats; I have just heard positive reviews from both. I'm sure that both give around the same amount of performance and both use the same cat.

As for stainless v. polished stainless I believe that it is more for looks. If you ask FI or Coz, they will give you the proper answer on that one though.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by elperuano
hey whats up guys, proud new owner of my first g35 coupe 6mt and new to this website... I live in Davie, Florida and im new to the g35s, in the past ive had tegs n civic hatchys so not sure on how to go about hooking up this g... Was wondering if anyone can help me out on where i can go for a good certified infiniti/nissan tuner shop? Anyone knows would greatly appreciate it
Our cars come pretty tuned up from factory. Tuning your car stock is not worth it. Even after you install all the basic bolt on mods you are looking at a 20 - 25 hp gain with a good tune

Anyways, here are two that I know of; I'm pretty sure there are many more. Check out the Florida G Club and SFL G Club sections.

http://www.japtrix.com/

http://www.horsepowerlogic.com/

Congrats on the new G.

Last edited by DRG35MIA; 08-31-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
I think I'm going to go with Berk Tech HFCs so I don't have to choose SS against PSS.
Can't wait to order them!
Then comes the exhaust...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:46 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
I think I'm going to go with Berk Tech HFCs so I don't have to choose SS against PSS.
:
Polished stainless steel is pointless unless its a show car that you don't drive much. There is absolutely no difference in performance; the polished just looks all pretty and shiney. After you drive around with em on they aren't going to look pretty anymore. Just get the stainless steel, you won't regret it.

I've got Fast Intentions and they are awesome. Great quality, great fitment, no issues. Paid $520 shipped. Prices are all listed on their website.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DRG35MIA
Our cars come pretty tuned up from factory. Tuning your car stock is not worth it.
WRONG. Look up Osiris by Uprev once you're got your HFC and exhaust on.
It will give you a lot more usable power.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
WRONG. Look up Osiris by Uprev once you're got your HFC and exhaust on.
It will give you a lot more usable power.
I'm saying it's not worth it stock. I never said not to get it after you get your mods. If you tune your car stock you are looking at a 6 hp increase.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
I think the material they use for the coils inside is different.. I have the Berks as well and love mine.. That's the easiest way to get gains is to open up the exhaust. I have a ztube, pop charger, 1/2" spacer, and Berk HFCs.. Also, the grounding kit from SxExCx (on this forum) is a MUST for automatics.. Really kills the lag and jerk in manumatic mode. (accept no immitations). Don't regret the auto bro.. Just helps you shift faster and you have the convenience of driving with one hand, I've beaten some MTs, and they were pissed when they found out I was AT. Also got a +2 degree tune from Mad_A and that increased the pep and responsiveness (no dyno to determine if there was a HP gain sorry)

I don't have any rasp in my system very nice low tone and it sounds like a BEAST at WOT. (thus it's nickname, and it's TB as well)

I think getting an exhaust on a NA car is just for looks and sound, doesn't really help w/ gains. Your car isn't really going to produce enough air to benefit from the wider diameter pipes so I'd agree to just get a muffler system, don't even worry about a cat back, it's pointless, you're just going to make your car louder, not more powerful.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Premier Member

Oh I guess I misread your post

So to answer the question, if you're stock, Don't tune.
got all the bolt ons, tune.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
Oh I guess I misread your post

So to answer the question, if you're stock, Don't tune.
got all the bolt ons, tune.
Agreed.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey DRG35MIA, thanks for the reply n the links to the website, i guess i worded it wrong but im basically looking to start from the ground up, was looking to start off with spacer intake headers testpipe n exhaust n then go onto a turbo set-up but was really just looking for the basic bolt-ons for now to get it started, was looking for something local in miami but the links you gave me are greatly appreciated n will probably hit them up, honestly this is my first g and im excited as hell to have a top-of-the-line luxury performance car all in one... and new to this website as well so trying to learn how to navigate around this place. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 AM
^ Welcome to forums. I was also looking for a tuner in Miami, and the closest one that I found that offered the Osiris tune was HP Logic. Since you are planning to go turbo later on make sure you get the right exhaust (I messed up getting the Borla since it's only 2.25"). It's still good but it won't get the most out of the turbo when I decide to get it. I found this forum a few years too late.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread