Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
you need forced induction!!!

I need money!!!

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FI

$5,195.00 !!!!!!!!!! I can't afford that shiet!!!! plus i got 72,000 miles! i'll need to sleeve my engine block!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Theanimedude
yes there is, i learned manual to find out what all the hubbub was about. Now i'm never going back to auto. Seriously, u need to learn to drive a manual.

This is why i say "driving a sports car with an auto is like eating pizza with out the cheese. Its just bread and tomatoes."
I know. I specifically looked for a 5AT when I bought my G because I wasn't looking for a slow luxury cruiser with a notchy transmission, I was looking for something comfortable that looked nice. If I was in the market for, let's say, an M3 or a true sports car, the story would've been different.

Some stick owners need to get down from their ivory tower, I mean I know they've mastered the extremely difficult art of driving a manual, but can we please lay off the assumptions?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
don't TT or SC. A car is always going to be your worst investment, don't make it worse by putting more useless money that wouldn't appreciate it much at all.

use the money for a used motorcycle. thats what i did when i was lacking adrenaline thrill.

and HP isn't always the fun thing. from the posts i've come to assume you have an 03 stick with brembo's and live in dc. bring the car to where it is mad fun and you realize you have too much HP to even redline it... ...the windy roads in shenandoah area of VA. Push the car there and you will forget about adding horsepower and all you'd want is a $1200 coilover kit to hug the road better, and oh yea you'll love the torque on the uphills.

and lemme kno if you ever do, i'm down to show u what this car can do out there. i have the exact same car but stock.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
^^haha your car is described in ur sig. and i thought i learned something by the posts.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
hey come on guys, you know u all wish you had one bad@ss motor in your G's to match that sexy look.

no offense but the newer G's are.......ugly LOL

370z is hot tho. wish i could afford one of them bad boys.

Well for now, i'll stick wiht my G and maybe do some styling mods. Lower lip, coilovers (i doubt it), and some sway bars.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I need money!!!

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FI

$5,195.00 !!!!!!!!!! I can't afford that shiet!!!! plus i got 72,000 miles! i'll need to sleeve my engine block!
You will not need to sleeve your block, just re-build and put in stronger iternals (i.e pistons, rods, etc.) and have the heads re-done.

If you want power you should really consider saving your money for FI. Other than that enjoy the fact that you drive one of the nicer/better looking cars on the road. G/L with it.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 PM
hey come on guys, you know u all wish you had one bad@ss motor in your G's to match that sexy look.

no offense but the newer G's are.......ugly LOL

370z is hot tho. wish i could afford one of them bad boys.

Well for now, i'll stick wiht my G and maybe do some styling mods. Lower lip, coilovers (i doubt it), and some sway bars.
I just bought a bad @ss Cosworth built VQ35DE short block...you do not need a rev-up or HR motor to have a bad @ss engine.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Wait to the end of this year and get a camaro SS, you won't regret it. 422hp V8 out of the box and the driving had been compared to the G35, critics calling the V6 model an american g35.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by jutn35
"maybe getting a newer G like a 2003 honda s2k"

huh ?
lol

Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by prolly_jojo
lol
LOL typo!!! u can figure out the correct word.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by silver g
I just bought a bad @ss Cosworth built VQ35DE short block...you do not need a rev-up or HR motor to have a bad @ss engine.
holy crap! i was looking at their engine of them things awhile back. That thing is pricey as hell!! i wish i can afford one of them things. How is it?? wats ur HP and TQ? how does the engine feel? Is it really worth that hefty price tag?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
holy crap! i was looking at their engine of them things awhile back. That thing is pricey as hell!! i wish i can afford one of them things. How is it?? wats ur HP and TQ? how does the engine feel? Is it really worth that hefty price tag?
Engine was not that badly priced...I also know some people in the industry which helped get the price down a little bit.

I am in the process of building the G35 so I cannot report on what it feels like as the motor is still in the crate (literally just got it about a week and a half ago). I bought the low compression Cosworth motor for boost applications (APS Extreme Twin Turbo). I figure final numbers to be somewhere between 500-600whp on pump gas.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I often wish my G35 had more power and torque. But overall it's a good car, looks good, great warranty, and I like my dealer. And it's been a good car, unlike other more powerful sports cars I've owned.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Lion
I often wish my G35 had more power and torque. But overall it's a good car, looks good, great warranty, and I like my dealer. And it's been a good car, unlike other more powerful sports cars I've owned.
what else have you own???

I really wish my G35 had better mpg so i wouldnt feel so bad if i get go F/I. I'm only able to achieve 17mpg WITH light driving, like shifting every 2k rpm. then there are 300hp cars out there getting the same, if not better, mpg.

Last edited by Theanimedude; 03-16-2009 at 09:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm bored of my car... =\