G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why can't the G35 have these options???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

EDIT: Sorry, you have to scroll and click on the menu to the left of the pictures to view the different options.

Check this out....

These are options for the Japanese Skyline....
HDD Carrozzeria
http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...udio_navi.html

I think its an AVIC N1...is that right?

Kenwood option

Here could be the potential wood trim for the '05 G35....????
http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR.../interior.html

A strobe light for the alarm?
http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...35/safety.html

Side view cameras?

Cool carseats for the coupe and the sedan (notice the sunshade for the coupe model, how considerate for baby):

You can even silence your muffler!
http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR.../exterior.html

Too bad we can't get keyfobs like these...
http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...5/utility.html

Why does Infiniti suck at options????

doc

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 06/29/04 11:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why can't the G35 have these options???

Your links don't point to the specific items stated.. .please check again

'04 Ivory Pearl G35 coupe 6MT Fully Loaded /w Navigation
Brooklyn, NY

Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 PM

you might have to copy/paste into your web browser's address bar until admin activates the links.....

ADMIN - can you please activate my links?????

thanks,
doc

Old 06-29-2004, 08:56 PM

I also saw rays engineering whels and bilstein shocks as an option. This would be a 50k+ fully loaded car. There are about 50 extras with the jdm car!

SCZ on my350z.com
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | OB/Black
Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM
Z Tube | Pop Charger
Helix Test Pipes
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Injen SES

Old 06-29-2004, 09:05 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<hr></blockquote>

I heard it would further hurt the trade deficit.

If the Japanese would just purchase more Dodge Neons we could get more toys for our car here in the States! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by blksnake on 06/29/04 06:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-29-2004, 10:49 PM

too funny.

I thought those side view cameras, which are new on this year's Nissan Japan website, would be perfect when you are dusting your opponent, you can watch it all on your nav screen!

doc

Old 06-29-2004, 11:47 PM

You have 3 links pointing to the exact same (incorrect image).

-"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, nobody!

Old 06-30-2004, 01:46 AM

Sorry, I figured that it out later....

That's why the first line of the post states how to navigate through those menus....then you can view all those cool options.

Old 06-30-2004, 02:10 AM
Zen

My Car came with that stuff....Didn't yours? The third Horizontal row (Dark Gray) is to navigate the option's categories i.e. Safety, Navigation, Comfort, Performance. The Column on the Far left (white) is to navigate the sub categories i.e. Lighted doors, Wood grain, steering wheels, Truck mats. I like the light under the door and the Momo steering wheel. And I'm just kidding about the first line of my post!

Old 06-30-2004, 04:51 AM

Because Japanese ALWAYS keep the goodies to themselves...Look at Sony and u will see... they dumped the old shitty eletronic appliances to the States and they are using the high tech slim shinny products

But we can customize our stereo system after i saw the kenwood pix. Bose pretty much sux... But i think purchasing that unit in the states + labor = $2500 around... But is it worth it for you to take a risk to have ur car got jacked by some lame *** losers in the future?/

Old 06-30-2004, 11:24 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Because Japanese ALWAYS keep the goodies to themselves...Look at Sony and u will see... they dumped the old shitty eletronic appliances to the States and they are using the high tech slim shinny products

<hr></blockquote>

not exactly.. its because the japanese culture is more willing to embrace change than americans.. most americans are content with their cars the way they bought it and would not pay more for "fancy" little gadgets, whereas the japanese gobble up anything new that manufacturers can think of.. Sony may "dump" their old shitty electronics to the states, but yet they are one of the largest brand name and a lot of people trust their brand..

It's all about marketing.. the japanese manufacturers just don't think that americans are willing to spend money on cool tiny gadgets.. americans just want things to be as simple as possible, and any changes made to their simple way of living will be met with resistance

Old 06-30-2004, 12:46 PM

My sister has one of those mini coopers, I don't like how they look at all, but I couldn't believe the amount of options that thing can have.

Front seats both have lumbar supports with a **** so you can customize it perfectly (much better than the lever we have), two sunroof's (back one doesn't open), cooled seats (not on hers though), calculates fuel consumption/avg speed, rain sensing wipers, and I'm pretty sure it was a 6-speed automatic...

It was probably the most comfortable car I've ever sat in and since I haven't seen her since I've gotton my g we took a ride in that as well. Was pretty patheic that every option I showed her she's like oh yea mine has that can it do this too, and I'm like uhhh no.... I have everything, but navigation and I think the only extra option I had was VDC, extra power plugs, and my windows go up with one click (all of her's only go down/open with one click).

Now I'm not comparing these two cars by any means, just the option selection, which I just assumed that Infiniti would far surpass when compared to a Mini Cooper... It didn't. I really hope Infiniti adds cooled seats, this makes it so you don't stick + you end up turning down your a/c because these cool you down so well.

Nate

Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 PM

well.. the mini coopers are made by BMW.. talk about customization look at the scion's.. you can pretty much customize that thing to your looking

Old 06-30-2004, 03:31 PM

SagiSRP said it best with the Japanese culture are more willing to embrace changes then americans.

Having to work for a Japanese/American company for the past 9 years, products that are developed in other countries are localized for the US Market. The US division of the company will most likely have a dedicated localization group that is placed in charge of the entire development and marketing process for the product.

In other words, we can pretti much push the blame on Nissan of America (Or Inifiniti) in holding out the options available for the JDM only. I personally think it was a market wise decision for Nissan of America to not make those options available for the US Market. Most US consumers are not likely to pay an additional $10K markup for an extra rear view mirror camera and upgraded NAV option; where as the Japanese market are.

As for the Mini Cooper, I'm sure the localization team of BMW realized the dealer optional parts for the Cooper will be the main selling point in the car. While as the G35 coupe is directed more towards the mid 20s to late 40s age crowd that most likely have less attraction towards the high price tag of dealer options.

Ken

Old 06-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes there are also licensing and patent restrictions when attempting to bring certain features into the US market. This happens all the time with Japanese camera features - certain capabilities will disappear from US models because patent rights could not be negotiated, or were deemed too expensive.

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>