G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Premium Gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty sure it boils down to how much you spent on the car is going to directly proportionate to how you much you care for the car. I could have easily bought a Mercedes or a BMW, but I didn't. If I would have spent
15-18K on the car, I'm sure I wouldn't even bother to change the oil. Just run it down and buy another 15K car.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol... usually when you buy a new car, on the specs, it states a "average fuel consumption cost per yeaR" for example, for the lexus is250 09' it said "around 1700$/ a year" etc.

now the ENGINE was designed taken into account that the people buying a G35 "luxury brand" will pump premium gas with a higher octane. Premium octane DOES give you better gas mileage though it costs more so if your car isn't designed for it, its better to pump regular as the cost/mileage will be better.

What i'm trying to get at is, automakers spend Lots and lots of money trying to reduce the EPA as that is one of the top specs that attract buyers. You will not buy a car that gives 8 miles per gallon even if the car was only 20000$ and it had like 800 HP/750 LBS of torque. GET ME?

Therefore, Infinti wouldn't recommend a higher octane Fuel when they can simple use regular fuel and save the owner more money thus giving a lesser consumption amount. so a car that consumes around 1700$/per year in fuel can be easily brought down to 1500$/per year.

So to conclude, if the ****en car was just as good with regular fuel, they would've just told you to pump regular fuel and it would've been a win/win situation for both the automaker and then buyer, however, that is not the case. They want you to spend more money on premium fuel because thats what the car was designed for.

now for the people that tried to explain this with articles and theories, i say BULL****. You can find TONS AND TONS of articles on the internet that explain how premium fuel gives better mileage and you can also find just as many that state how premium fuel doesn't make a difference. in the end, its your car, and Nissan designed it, not you. and Nissan is telling you to ****en pump premium.

next time you buy TV, go buy some dollar shop cables. it will still display the picture fine and for most people that don't know how it CAN look like with proper cables, they think it works just fine. When you use the proper cables, you might STILL not notice it if your not picky, but there is a difference. just like how audiophiles spend $$$$$$ on stuff that a normal person doesn't feel they need to.

and +1 to the guy that said buy a civic. your buying a luxury brand, so don't be cheap. its your car, you can burn your tires, pump cheap gas and hey, it might still run fine... doesn't mean thats how its supposed to be done.

i laugh at the people that buy a g35 and can barely spend the money to maintain it.. lol.... its not about buying the car, anyone can save up $$$$ and buy a really nice car, its about maintaining it.. thats where you need a proper income.

you can buy a SRT8 for pretty cheap nowadays (the 300) but , can you afford the gas? i think its like 13EPA or something lol...

Old 04-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
i pump diesel. like 50 octane

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by RPL
^So, if some disgruntled worker at Nissan Motors decided to write, "Kill yourself now by leaping off the nearest building," you'd do it because it's written there?
LOL, that's a weak analogy son. So, when you see a stop sign at a school district, you'd just ignore it, cause its only there for aesthetic reasons.

From what I gather, this guy doesn't put premium fuel because Nissan just want to rip us off, doesn't wash his hand whats the point?, and doesn't cook his meats thoroughly because those small suggestions are just suggestions. This clearly shows what kind of person you are. And it would be for the best, if we just ignore you from now on.

---
I mean with his logic, Nissan recommends 5qts, but they clearly don't know what they're talking about because they are working in collusion with the oil company and just want o rip us off. The G will do fine on 1qt of oil and 4qts of water.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 04-24-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by t7n7

i laugh at the people that buy a g35 and can barely spend the money to maintain it.. lol.... its not about buying the car, anyone can save up $$$$ and buy a really nice car, its about maintaining it.. thats where you need a proper income.

you can buy a SRT8 for pretty cheap nowadays (the 300) but , can you afford the gas? i think its like 13EPA or something lol...

LOL. I agree man. "I DRIVE A G, IT'S BETTA THAN YO CHEAP CIVIC SON. Check out my bumpa, its mad JDM yo. Yeah, its a replica, but you can't tell the difference. Don't mind the fitment, its suppose to look crooked. Then he takes off and goes pump in the cheapest gas. LOL

Old 04-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
LOL, that's a weak analogy son. So, when you see a stop sign at a school district, you'd just ignore it, cause its only there for aesthetic reasons.

From what I gather, this guy doesn't put premium fuel because Nissan just want to rip us off, doesn't wash his hand whats the point?, and doesn't cook his meats thoroughly because those small suggestions are just suggestions. This clearly shows what kind of person you are. And it would be for the best, if we just ignore you from now on.

---
I mean with his logic, Nissan recommends 5qts, but they clearly don't know what they're talking about because they are working in collusion with the oil company and just want o rip us off. The G will do fine on 1qt of oil and 4qts of water.
^ nailed it

civic ftwwrt fuel economy
g35 ftwwrt douches justifying 87 octane

Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, nor what the context of the conversation was.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:24 PM
i once knew this guy when i first got to fort campbell, brand new private out of basic training.....when and financed a hummer, couldnt afford the insurance though so canceled his insurance, wound up getting pulled over, and got his license suspended...like was said before anybody can get any car....its paying for the territories that go with it

Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
Some of you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, nor what the context of the conversation was.
yAH itS thaT he s gHEY!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Banned
SO my caR will break if i use regular gas?

I knew there was a reason i don't come into the newbie section. OT it is

Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by skw1919
SO my caR will break if i use regular gas?

I knew there was a reason i don't come into the newbie section. OT it is
ummm yea

Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
LOL. The manual says, Automatic coupe may use regular with decreaed performance, however Manual Transmission with the 05 - 06 Rev up motor must use PREMIUM.

Sedan Manual transmission and Coupe models

When Premium is NOT available, regular fuel may be TEMPORARY used. BUT, only under the following conditions.
* Have the fuel tank only PARTIALLY filled with regular fuel and REPLACE with PREMIUM fuel ASAP
* AVOID FULL THROTTLE AND ABRUPT ACCELERATION when using regular fuel.

I think I will follow the manual's direction since I have an 06 6mt.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Again, some of you need to look up the definition of context.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
Again, some of you need to look up the definition of context.
Ok, so, when it says do not smash on the gas with regular fuel, and Regular fuel may be temporary used. What does that mean to you? lol

Old 04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Well if you actually bothered to read anything I put previously, before the gorillas came on with their civic comments, etc, you'll note that I said

Put premium in if you can. However, as long as you don't drive like a ****, and don't overheat the engine, the ****ty fuel will suffice. The premium really only stops pre-detonation.
That's correct. Premium gives you absolutely zero performance increase. Normally when you run FI cars, or Highly tuned NA's, you need the higher octane rating to stop the fuel from detonating due to heat, BEFORE the spark plug has fired. This is what is known as knocking, or pre-detonation. Premium gas is actually harder, and slower to burn than regular.
...etc, however, some people read what they want to read, and thus get on a soap box. What I said is simple, and is actually in line with the recommendations. IF you drive like a granny, and do not hoon the car, you are fine using regular gas... That's it. At no point did I say, "fill your car with regular, and go race, you'll be fine", or, "hey, there is no need for premium, just fill the car with jam, and it'll be fine", and so on. people need to understand the context of the conversation before jumping in and making themselves look a little dim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Premium Gas