G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
updates??? How i missed this thread is weird!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Good luck. I took my car to Jim Coleman once and they denied my warranty claim for a compression rod and a stuck rear caliper. I took it to IOT and spoke with David Jacobs and he took great care of me.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am supposed to hear something today. I'll post when I have further updates

Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Update: Got a call from Jim Coleman stating that they are declining the warranty. I have now asked for a meeting with the Service Manager, General Manager, and the two reps from Infiniti along with the Consumer Affairs person. I've had it with Jim Coleman, they are lax don't really seem to care.

TwilightBlue did you get Infiniti involved before you went to IOT or did you just pack the car up and take it there when you got crappy service from Jim Coleman? I'm considering calling IOT and David Jacobs to get their input but I would imagine that once Infiniti gets involved the car is black flagged and there is nothing they can do.

If I don't get anywhere with the meeting (I'm sure I won't) it is getting packed up and I'm taking it to Altered Atmosphere so they can build the case for me and then I suppose I will need a lawyer at that point. I have filed a complaint with the BBB Auto, not sure if that is worth much my guess is it's not... Anyone had experience with them?

States Attorney is getting a complaint as well... Gloves are off and I'm going to start down the road... We'll see if "consumer protection" really works or it's just all hot air...

Old 07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just keep pushing. i work at a dealership and see this kinda crap all the time. their going to have to give in sooner or later.. their just dragging there feet.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I just don't get organizations like Jim Coleman, if Nissan will pay for the engine why not fix the car? Now.... if I lived in your area you couldn't drag me to this dealership, for any reason!
Gary

Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I just don't get organizations like Jim Coleman, if Nissan will pay for the engine why not fix the car? Now.... if I lived in your area you couldn't drag me to this dealership, for any reason!
Gary
and dont they get to charge infninti an insane rate like $150-200/an hour.

I just don't get it.

I would think i would bring it to IOT before you meet with the infiniti reps.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
This is why I ordered a build short block. I when down the same road with my local dealer, until they wanted be to pay for trhe break down. I call C.Affairs and they are useless. I also call the the BBB, but they could help since I was over the 4 year basic warranty. I want to another dealer 2 hours away, they approve the new engine, but Nissan of North American wanted them to do a engine break down also. I know something like this would happen, so I order a short block.

P/S: the only mod I have on my G35 was HKS exhaust.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by G356MTBB
Update: Got a call from Jim Coleman stating that they are declining the warranty. I have now asked for a meeting with the Service Manager, General Manager, and the two reps from Infiniti along with the Consumer Affairs person. I've had it with Jim Coleman, they are lax don't really seem to care.

TwilightBlue did you get Infiniti involved before you went to IOT or did you just pack the car up and take it there when you got crappy service from Jim Coleman? I'm considering calling IOT and David Jacobs to get their input but I would imagine that once Infiniti gets involved the car is black flagged and there is nothing they can do.

If I don't get anywhere with the meeting (I'm sure I won't) it is getting packed up and I'm taking it to Altered Atmosphere so they can build the case for me and then I suppose I will need a lawyer at that point. I have filed a complaint with the BBB Auto, not sure if that is worth much my guess is it's not... Anyone had experience with them?

States Attorney is getting a complaint as well... Gloves are off and I'm going to start down the road... We'll see if "consumer protection" really works or it's just all hot air...
You might as well forget about taking your car to Infiniti of Tysons because once the Infiniti reps have gotten involved and officially declined your warranty claim your car is flagged. Your best bet is to stand your ground and fight your fight with Jim Coleman and never go back.

I left that dealership when they declined my warranty claim and never went back. IOT has taken very good care of me and my G. I would recommend them for your service needs in the future, even though they are a little farther away. Coleman was the closest to me and that got me the same place it got you. PM me if you need anything.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys and thanks TwilightBlue. I'm moving forward with BBB and meeting with Jim Coleman. Still haven't produced the measurements probably either because they don't have them or they prove that I had an oil consumption issue which I know I do.

Again, thanks for all the support and I'll keep you posted!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Jim Coleman is a joke. My driver side window motor went out on my 04 G35 last year. I took it in and they refused warranty because of an after market alarm. (I had an automatic roll up feature) Basically they saw 2 extra wires with T clamps and denied everything.

I drove down the street to IOT and they replaced it that day and gave me a loaner.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Im also going through Jim Coleman for an OC test. They denied replacement of my longblock 2 times. Supposed to get a call from the consumer affairs person soon so we will see what happens next. One of the worst dealerships i have ever dealt with

Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a similar issue when I had my 03 5AT coupe. Infiniti denied warranty due to headers/intake (no cams or internal work). Part of the problem was due to the apparent rarity of 5AT consuming oil, but this one did 3 quarts in 1000 miles.

I filed with BBB, arguing that several Nissan dealerships in the Socal area sell aftermarket exhausts and intakes. Even Nismo has exhausts and intake systems for the VQ35. So therefore to claim that an aftermarket exhaust/intake/or header caused the oil consumption, Nissan would have to admit that they are actively selling Nismo components in dealerships that will create oil consumption.

I got a new engine after that.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:27 AM
RaginRaj - I go in for a meeting with Jim Coleman reps (Service Rep and Service Director) and Consumer Affairs today. They have repeatedly denied my claim and this is my last attempt before going the legal route to have them see how poorly they have performed including not documenting the OC issue properly and how one of my service orders before they pulled the engine apart contained written notes of every modification I had on my car even if that modification had nothing to do with the engine issue, things like "car is lowered", "racing seat belt", etc. I plan on posting all the documentation so others can see.

My suggestion to you is to not let Jim Coleman tear the engine down. In my experience they tried to document everything with regards to modifications first before finding out what the real problem was. I think they try and push people to give up so they can charge full rates for engine replacement and they build a case against you so that Infiniti declines the warranty and they look like the "good guys" and Infiniti is the bad egg. It's my opinion that the dealership is supposed to be your advocate and to document and analyze your car for Infiniti, the Infiniti reps only look over what the dealership does. I don't think the rep EVER came out to Jim Coleman to physically look at my car, everything was done via email between Jim Coleman and the Infiniti Reps. I asked for a meeting with the Infiniti Rep and was told that "they don't meet with customers".

I would take it to Infiniti of Tysons, don't waste your time, emotion, or anything else with Jim Coleman.

EK - I've submitted my claim with BBB I hope that they are as effective for me as they were for you...

Old 07-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i had to go to pearson to get my tranni replaced CB said it was my clutch and wanted to charge me 2grand. peasron said 3rd gear was gone and orderd my tranni no questions asked. gave me a loaner( once the tranni came in from japan)

CB SUX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs