G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Front Camber Eating Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Coupe Front Camber Eating Tires

I have an 05 Coupe 6MT Sport Suspension All packages on 19inch OEM RAYS. ALL STOCK except z tube & filter.

My question is that my front tires are wearing out more than the rears. My front inner camber on the left tire is worst than the right tire. The right tire is fine. Its just the front though the rears seem to be wearing evenly.

**I had a conversation with Tony at Riverside Infiniti and he stated that if i add camber kits to fix this, it will not solve anything because it will just set it back to stock........DOES THIS MEAN I AM STUCK WITH NEGATIVE CAMBER ON 1 WHEEL FOREVER ON THIS CAR?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Have you had an alignment done by a reputable shop? If so that should provide you a starting point on how to pinpoint the problem.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Have you had an alignment done by a reputable shop? If so that should provide you a starting point on how to pinpoint the problem.
How reputable is GOODYEAR? I have lifetime alignment.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, getting all camber/toe back to stock spec is ideal on stock wheels. Are you lowered on any springs/coilovers? Either way, get an alignment, or if you feel it necessary, a camber kit.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by j 4 lD
Yea, getting all camber/toe back to stock spec is ideal on stock wheels. Are you lowered on any springs/coilovers? Either way, get an alignment, or if you feel it necessary, a camber kit.
Not lowered, no coilovers, no aftermarket wheels. Nothing added to car..

ALL STOCK!

Will a camber kit help?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
like other's have said, get an alignment from a reputable shop. post the numbers, how much negative camber you're running.

my fronts (before i was dropped) had uneven negative camber. i believe the driver's side had more than the passenger and it was causing my car to drift. i had a good shop perform a subframe/cradle shift to even out the camber. i have no idea if Goodyear will know how to do this.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by cremaster
like other's have said, get an alignment from a reputable shop. post the numbers, how much negative camber you're running.

my fronts (before i was dropped) had uneven negative camber. i believe the driver's side had more than the passenger and it was causing my car to drift. i had a good shop perform a subframe/cradle shift to even out the camber. i have no idea if Goodyear will know how to do this.
What is subframe/cradle shift to even out the camber? Never heard of this before. How much was it? Where did you get it done?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
i had never heard of it before, either until the guys at Stokes Tires Pros told me. the alignment is $80 and the subframe shift is $40 (if your ride is already up on their machine). to be honest, not exactly sure how/what they did but it solved my problem. give them a call and ask them. i go there all the time for all my alignments. they cater to modded and high end cars. in SM.

ask for Jack, Ron or Aaron Wong and tell them Rob the lawyer w/ the g35 sent you.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Did your front tires wear evenly after that or was still some inner camber in the front?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
i initially got it done bc my car kept drifting to one side even tho i had my alignment. i didn't notice one tire being eaten more than the other. shortly after the cradle shift, i got springs, then coilovers. now both fronts are getting a bit of inner wear bc i'm running a -2 camber in front and rear. no camber kit.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Stock OEM front A-arms have no camber or caster adjustments only toe. Stock OEM rears have camber and toe adjustments (to a point).

Subframe/cradle shift. That's some serious stuff. Camber kit will work just as well if not better with simple adjustablility everytime needed in the future imo.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Why is a cradle shift serious stuff? Does that mean its bad?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM
6MT Coupe
^No not bad, just serious as in in shifting the whole car assembly on the frame rails. That can only be tweaked a small amount concerning alignment corrections. Only a pro shop would know how to do that....correctly. Kit will give you more adjust control if needed. My 02.

1st PM replied.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Stock OEM front A-arms have no camber or caster adjustments only toe. Stock OEM rears have camber and toe adjustments (to a point).

Subframe/cradle shift. That's some serious stuff. Camber kit will work just as well if not better with simple adjustablility everytime needed in the future imo.
If the rear had caster adjustment would it help at all?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
6MT Coupe
^ Rear doesn't use or need caster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Front Camber Eating Tires