G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G got banged up bad, need advice!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2004 | 09:56 PM
|
My G got banged up bad, need advice!!

Well, this past Saturday I was driving with the one I love who is seven months pregnant, to a destination that was about 5 minutes away. As I approached the light it was green, was doing about 25-30mph, couple cars coming to their left hand turn before me, I slowed down when I got to the light because a black BMW was going to make the left, but I guess she sall me and stopped, by this time I was going about 20mph, I though the BMW was going to stay stopped and wait for me to get by (I had the right away), I was about 50 feet from the BMW when she just turned in front of me out of the blue, I slammed on my brakes and swerved to the left as much as I could or else I would have gone into incoming traffic. Next thing I know, crash...pop, both airbags deployed and I was stopped dead in the center of the intersection. I immediatly looked over to check and make sure my pregnant passenger was okay. She looked to be and we both then got out of the car, she had to pry to passenger side door open. When I get out of the car I ran to the other side and was holding my love, to make sure she was okay. She appeared to be and is... I then looked at the other car to see the driver still sitting in her car on the phone. I was so pissed. I was screaming at her, some vulgar words I might add, which I know all of you understand!! After about 3 minutes, and the police are on their way, she gets out of the car and tells me to stop screaming and using foul language. Told me "there is no need for it". She kept saying she is sorry, and told me that she couldnt see me. How can you not see a bright blue G35 coming dirrectly at you!! I'll tell you how, talking on your cell phone and not paying attention!!!!!!!!! Anyways, to get to my point, my car might be totaled, won't find out until tomorrow. The whole right side is crunched from the bumber to the passenger door. Wheel was dangling, as well as the front axel. I didnt get to see a lot of the damage because I went to the hospital to make sure everything was okay with the baby. I am glad to say everything is!!!

So now my car is in a crappy garage locked in a cage with a bunch of rusted up broken down cars. I was not able to get it out of there because the were closed. So I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get it towed to the Infiniti dealer.

Now I have to start thinking about what I am going to do. If my car is totaled do I get a new G35, or do I get a more practical car since I am going to be having a baby soon. I might also add I am still going to college and I was paying $500 a month for the G (financiing). I don't have a lot of money. Just enough to pay for the car basically.

Since the accident was 100% the other drivers fault (state police gave her a ticket and told me it was her fault). I know I am covered if it is not totaled. But if it is, am I only going to get the value of the car now? If so, how am I going to pay for a new G.

I guess I wont know more until tomorrow, but I just wanted to ramble on about what happened. Basically now, I am hoping to find some way to come up with some money. Anyone have any donations???LOL...

Feel free to reply and give me your opionions/thoughts.

I'll post more tomorrow when I find out more. Thanks for listening to me ramble....

CCoupe.. Premium Package, Aero Package, Navigation, Performance Wheel & Tire Package, 35% tint all around
Coming soon: MB Quart 6.5 components for front and Infinity Basslink sub in trunk!

Old 08-01-2004 | 10:29 PM
Re: My G got banged up bad, need advice!!

At this point the first thing that I would advise is try to get the other insuruance company to total it out. You don't want to drive a refurbished sports car. It will likely never handle the same again. Next thing I would do is make sure that they give you NADA Retail value when they settle. Don't settle for any lowball amount they throw at you.

Now what to do about replacing it after you settle.
You can buy another coupe but I can tell you from my past experiance as a parent that started a family while driving a sports car, your better off buying something more practicle. A 2-door coupe can be made to get you by, but you will get tired very quickly of bending into the back seat to place the kid into the car seat. I would advise buying a used 4-door G35 if you still want to keep that same feel. If that feel is not as important, then get yourself an SUV with more room for all of the baby accessories that you will soon find yourself hauling around everytime you and your lady take a trip.

Old 08-02-2004 | 12:11 AM

Man sorry to hear about ur troubles. I don't have any useful advice but I hope that you do get another G and hopefully her insurance will pay or sue her or something. I'm pissed some stupid *** byatch f'ed up ur G. She was probably jealous and had to crash it with her BMW.

'The Rice is mightier than the corn'
DG 6MT, Baby G

Old 08-02-2004 | 12:11 AM

Man sorry to hear about ur troubles. I don't have any useful advice but I hope that you do get another G and hopefully her insurance will pay or sue her or something. I'm pissed some stupid *** byatch f'ed up ur G. She was probably jealous and had to crash it with her BMW.

'The Rice is mightier than the corn'
DG 6MT, Baby G

Old 08-02-2004 | 01:29 AM

damn that suks...I hate ppl that talk and drive on their cells...I don't do it...I don't asnwer the phone call and wait till i'm done driving to pick it up.

Old 08-02-2004 | 02:07 AM

For one, the cop doesn;t decide who is at fault. He can give you an opinion, but he's not in control of this. Not saying you are at fault, but the actual determination is typically made by the insurance companies, or if it goes to court, the courts would make the decision.

As far as if it is totalled, you are not owed a new car so do not expect one. Your car is used so you are owed for a used comparable car.

Old 08-02-2004 | 02:09 AM

The decision to total the car essentially comes out to what the most cost effective option is. If it is cheaper to repair the vehicle, then they owe for repairs. If it is cheaper to pay the value of the vehicle, they would owe for that.

As far as NADA, that is an inaccurate way to value a car. You should get what the car is actually selling for in the market. Looking through classifieds is usually a good way to get an idea of what your car is worth.

Old 08-02-2004 | 02:37 AM

Maybe it's time to move to the G sedan.

Old 08-02-2004 | 07:17 AM
Re: My G got banged up bad, need advice!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by dyenboy

Old 08-02-2004 | 07:24 AM
|

Wow Chris. I can't believe you said this. She is my fiancé or or soon to be. We were going to go look at rings Saturday. For you to tell me to ditch her and even mention abortion when she is 7 months pregnant is absurd. You are an @sshole and I hope I am not the only one who lets you now so...
CARS ARE REPLACEABLE, HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT!

CCoupe.. Premium Package, Aero Package, Navigation, Performance Wheel & Tire Package, 35% tint all around
Coming soon: MB Quart 6.5 components for front and Infinity Basslink sub in trunk!

Old 08-02-2004 | 07:58 AM
Staff Alumni

Damn man. Way to be sensitive towards the situation. You do deserve to be calling an @sshole on that one. Even if you are just kidding around.

'04.5 Coupe 5AT
D. Graphite/Graphite | Premium | Splash | Clears | Drilled Pedals | 35% TINT | Z-Tube

Old 08-02-2004 | 10:27 AM

gte192t -You are an insensitive A'Hole!
I've seen some stupid relpies on these forums....but your's takes the prize.
Crawl back under your rock.

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 08-02-2004 | 12:43 PM

Firstly, congrats on your pending mariage and child.
My sympathies on your car.

My G was totalled earlier this year due to a rear and front collision. If you have got a child on the way I would suggest getting a 4 door car. I agree with what was said before and putting kids in the back seat and reaching in and securing them will get old pretty quickly. I would go with a sporty sedan (G35, Acura, etc) with good safety equipment. As you said, cars are replacable, people are not!.

I hope things work out for you in the end. I know this accident was not great timing for you, but hey it never is!

Mike.

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero - Total Loss
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 08-02-2004 | 12:52 PM

This person needs to be taken out back and shot.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad everyone is ok. If they total your coupe, and you can afford it, I would get the sedan. If finances are an issue, than definitely get something less expensive and more economical to operate. You don't want to be dealing with having to make a big car payment with the added expense of a wife and baby.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by dyenboy on 08/02/04 10:42 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-02-2004 | 01:12 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

I can't believe you wrote that. If you were kidding, not funny. I have two kids of my own and when I read that, I physically turned red with anger. You're lucky you don't live in the LA area buddy. I will do everything in my power to have you removed from this site and your IP blocked. You son of a
b!tch...those that know me know I never get mad, but this is ridiculous.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G got banged up bad, need advice!!