G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Almost Hit The Freeway Wall!!!!!

Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Depends where you go. I'd say roughly $200 Give or take.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do camber kits void warranty?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
pretty sure

Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by partyman66
I call BS. If you're going into a turn that fast and your rear end starts to kick out and your but is puckered because you're about to tag a wall, nobody takes the time to downshift into another gear after the rear end is already slipping out from you.
well now we know who won't re-gain control of their car ^^

A few months ago some idiot flew into the rear of my car at speed, sending me doing 360's down the highway. Throughout the whole time I counter-steered, downshifted, and tapped the brakes and gas until I finally straightened the car out and safely pulled it over to the side, without hitting anyone or anything else. So no, YOU wont think to downshift into another gear, for others it may already be reflex.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Metalp3n
well now we know who won't re-gain control of their car ^^

A few months ago some idiot flew into the rear of my car at speed, sending me doing 360's down the highway. Throughout the whole time I counter-steered, downshifted, and tapped the brakes and gas until I finally straightened the car out and safely pulled it over to the side, without hitting anyone or anything else. So no, YOU wont think to downshift into another gear, for others it may already be reflex.
since im a noob at shifting right now, if i were to spin out in the rain then i downshift 1 or 2 gears? then tap the gas and hope it straightens me out? along with counter steering?

lol i want to go on the highway, spin out, and practice saving my life a few times so im ready should the occasion arise... not really, but just want the concept of how it would help. why downshifting?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Sheikh
since im a noob at shifting right now, if i were to spin out in the rain then i downshift 1 or 2 gears? then tap the gas and hope it straightens me out? along with counter steering?

lol i want to go on the highway, spin out, and practice saving my life a few times so im ready should the occasion arise... not really, but just want the concept of how it would help. why downshifting?
it might just be me but due to experience.. like almost rear ending someone i know slamming on the brakes will slow u down but try downshifting and gradually hit the brakes u will slow down faster.. when i was in the slide YES PPL the first thing that went through my head was hitting that wall.. but i just downshift to 3rd and the trans slowed me up and let me regain control of the car... I know how fast i was going and i know what i did to get control and as u can tell from the pics i had wire and thread showing on my rear tires. So i think it was more of my reaction than it was the car. I think if i would have just slammed on my brakes it would have been all over and might have took out another car. Seriously though i was so HAPPY my daughter wasnt in the backseat because sometimes i drop her off at the babysitter's that early in the morning.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Milk Sheikh

Pressing the brake while sliding will not cause you to slow down, rather lock-up your tires and continue you're slide. Downshifting engine-breaks the car, causing the engine and transmission to do the slowing down. Feathering the gas, and counter-steering will re-gain traction, and once traction is regained you can use your brakes all day long.

Originally Posted by wreckshop56
it might just be me but due to experience.. like almost rear ending someone i know slamming on the brakes will slow u down but try downshifting and gradually hit the brakes u will slow down faster.. when i was in the slide YES PPL the first thing that went through my head was hitting that wall.. but i just downshift to 3rd and the trans slowed me up and let me regain control of the car... I know how fast i was going and i know what i did to get control and as u can tell from the pics i had wire and thread showing on my rear tires. So i think it was more of my reaction than it was the car. I think if i would have just slammed on my brakes it would have been all over and might have took out another car. Seriously though i was so HAPPY my daughter wasnt in the backseat because sometimes i drop her off at the babysitter's that early in the morning.
^^ +1
My first accident was also in the rain, my rear-end slid out due to my own stupidity, and I hit the brakes which only caused my wheels to lock-up, and sent me sliding uncontrollably.