G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone with a Cigarette Lighter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with a Cigarette Lighter?

damnit....for some reason, my factory cigarette lighter is missing...anyone wanna sell theirs so I dont have to buy some generic neon light up one at Pepboys? LOL.....

Old 08-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Re: Anyone with a Cigarette Lighter?

Why don't you buy an aftermarket one.

'The Rice is mightier than the corn'
DG 6MT, Baby G

Old 08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You smoke in your "G"? I am a smoker and only smoked one while driving and felt totaly guilty. I dont do it anymore... Also after you finish driving at speed and smokeing take a walk to your back quarter window and look at the ash that builds up on the trim there. It looks like A$$.....

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium, Val 1.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:31 AM

you guys smoke period?

i mean, i know its "addicting" and all but lets get serious, cigarettes KILL millions of people every day so why would anyone ever do it? not to mention that it probably costs thousands of dollars every year to do it.

sorry if it sounds all parentish and cliche, but smoking is bad for you....i'm just tryin to leave my opinion on the matter as a family member of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer last year without ever smoking a day in their life. personally, i think its extremely unfair that they got cancer and some smokers dont get anything and they're the only ones that deserve the early life ending diseases..

this is nothing personal about you guys or anyone on the forum, but anytime i see smoking as a topic i just get all defensive and stuff...i apologize if i offend anyone or any smokers, i just think its a terrible habit that no one should do.

Jeff - Look for me in the black G
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash / ClearCorners

Old 08-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea its a terrible habit, but u would know how it is if u were addicted to smoking cigarettes.
many smokers try to quit but they can't.
non-smokers who were never addicted to smoking cigarettes shouldn't really say anything about telling people to quit, cuz most already know, and non-smokers dont really know how hard it is to quit.
nothing against what you said, G35rush.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:49 AM

FYI, I smoked for 4 years (about 1-1.5 packs a day). I had a hard time quitting because every time I got in my car I reached for a smoke.

I honestly think that when it comes to smoking a strong willed person can quit if they want. It is the weaker willed people that really have the trouble. You really have to WANT to stop smoking more than you WANT to smoke. Sounds over simplified, but the instant gratification from lighting up is immediate, the rewards of quitting are not beneficial until way in the future. Plus smoking is 100% a selfish habit. You only smoke because you want to, not for any other reason.

Also, I'd like to thank all of the smokers for helping to keep my health care costs down! That's right, don't quit smoking!!! If you quit now, the odds are that instead of you dying within 3-6 months of being diagnosed with lung cancer, COPD, etc... your life span will be greatly stretched out. That means those of us non-smokers will likely die of Saturated Fat Poisoning, Alzheimer’s or some other long term illness. The more people we have dying quickly, the cheaper the health care costs, so smokers light one up for me [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img].

And no, my little lighter is not for sale. Did you ever consider buying another one from the dealer? It can't cost all that much.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-05-2004, 09:40 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You only smoke because you want to, not for any other reason.

<hr></blockquote>
That, my friend, is called freedom of choice. It should never be attacked or criticized by anyone. Yes, we all know the long term consequences, but if that's what a guy wants to do, then it's his choice. And no one should tell him that he can't. That's the way I see it, and smoker's don't bother me. Just my opinion. BTW, my lighter is not for sale because it does get used............when my wife plugs in her cell phone. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 08-05-2004, 10:28 AM

definitely do not smoke in your G while driving. For some reason, the areodymaics of the car is designed so that everything gets blown into the back seat.
the last thing you want is a cigarette burn in the leather!

<font color=blue> 2004 6MT Coupe </font color=blue>

Old 08-05-2004, 12:53 PM

Ok, here is a story for you guys. I was a smoker for eight years. I LOVED to smoke! Hard to believe I know, but some of you smokers will understand. Three years ago, I was working for one of the largest home improvement stores to remain nameless. H*** D**** I was asked to assist in the cleanup of a muriatic acid spill. In the process, I recieved a severe inhalation burn. I was flown by Mercy Air to UCSD Medical Center where I remained in a coma for 11 days. I was in their Burn ICU for three weeks. Since then I have a severe respiratory condition which not only took away my choice to smoke but it makes it impossible for me to even come within 50 feet of cigarette smoke. While I was recovering at home and actively litigating two lawsuits, I saw a commercial for the G35 sedan. I decided that I really wanted that car. Later that year, the G35 coupe was released. A much better choice. For two years, I kept my sights on that car. Every time I got frustrated, I just thought about getting the G and kept a picture on the wall to remind me. After two and a half years of lawyers, doctors and recovering, I went down and ordered my 2004 G35C. Now for the moral of the story...the CHOICE of whether or not to smoke was taken from me. But everytime I feel like lighting up I just look at the car and smile. What do you think? A fair trade off? I think it is. Occasionally, I look at people who smoke and think of all that time I that I had to breathe normally but chose to smoke instead. Just my 2 cents.

2004 Ivory Pearl/Graphite G35C 5AT Aero/Premium/Nav/Performance Tire and Wheel/SiriusSat/Clear Bra/Teflon coated/JWT Pop Charger

Old 08-05-2004, 01:08 PM

I'll swap you my working one for the non-working factory plug in the passenger side one if you've got it?!

2004 6MT/C/TB/W/Prem/Aero

Old 08-05-2004, 09:26 PM

I didn't have anything like Destiny happen, but I woke up one day at the age of 34 and realized I'd been smoking half my life. I had to quit, so I made it happen.

I now run marathons, race dirtbikes, hike like crazy and enjoy life alot more. I won't be all preachy and tell you smokers what to do - you'll quit when you're ready, just like me.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 08-05-2004, 09:30 PM

youll spring 5K for a s/c, but wont buy an replacement oem lighter for a few bucks? hehe, j/k.

2004 TB Coupe 6MT

Old 08-07-2004, 11:27 AM

well hot damn...didnt expect this question to turn into a battle of smokers...

1.) I do not smoke in my G35, I do not smoke at all, never have, never will. I just hate looking at the hole in the console where it used to be and wanted to put what used to be there back in its place...

2.) I would love to spring the $5K for a supercharger, but I don't have it right now. The Supercharged6mt username is incentive to do what I want to do to this car...someday.

3.) I hate aftermarket crappy cigarette lighters, they either twinkle, blink, flash, or only come in chrome...i'll pass...

Lastly...anyone here have one they want to get rid of?

Old 08-07-2004, 06:01 PM

$20 + S/H

-----
'04 Coupe 5AT DG/G loaded w/o spoiler (3pc Aero), BSM, splash guards, Navi, Sirius [anyone w/XM want to swap?] , 18" perf pkg

Old 08-09-2004, 03:22 PM

I smoke occassionally.....4 or 5 butts a week. Not in the G though. I've burned a few fabric seats in the past....but won't take chance with the G's leather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a Cigarette Lighter?