no budget no mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:00 PM
|
no budget no mods

Dame im mad most of you guys in the forum i have read have
all sorts of mods done to your cars as of me im 18yrs old and have
no mods done to my G coupe cause the parts are so dame expensive i mean 1200$ for exhaust with installation man you
guys probably got bread at home or something. Even my cousin
has a couple of mods on his 350z like injen intake helix test pipes
nismo exhaust and underdrive pulleys. Where he got the money
birthday that how much money he would get around 800$-1000$
at most . dame!

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:20 PM
Re: no budget no mods

Be lucky you have a G at your age. I was driving a 79 GMC pickup during highschool. Cry me a river!

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:24 PM

Well, be very thankful that you're driving a G at 18!!!!! I had a piece of crap Wrangler that always broke down and cost about 8K. So, let's look at the trade offs.....yeah I think you're doing alright with a stock G. I am 27 and this is my first new car! Everything comes in time! That, and you don't always know everyone's story! You don't know if someone has $20K or more in credit card debt, loans, etc. I have seen it happen with my friends while growing up, always saying to myself, how do they afford this and that......Well, several friends are in big financial trouble now. It's not fun! My advice, from what i learned, save us much as possible! Spend only what you can afford and on things that you enjoy, whatever it may be. You can never have enough money in the bank! If I had all the money I pissed away at clubs and bars, I would probably still have my G cuz I love it, but I would've paid cash for it! Sorry if I sound parental here, just my $.02!

2003 6MT Black Coupe, Premium Pkg. w/ Aero
20% tint all around, Aluminum Pedals

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:35 PM

I went around my neighborhood collecting cans from recycling bins to earn the $75 for my Z intake tube. It's the only mod I can afford. ;>

<font color=blue>2004.5 Coupe ^ 5AT ^ DG/W ^ Z Tube</font color=blue>

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:36 PM

I'm 25 and this is my first new car too. Before that it was all hand me downs from relatives or whatever they dredged from the lake!

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:59 PM
Team Transport Member

Whats with this new generation man! everyone is riving $30k+ cars and complaining. Your lucky to have the G at 18 enjoy it man and figure by the time you have money to do the mods the prices will come down on the mods ( we al are hoping for that) Trust me i know how you feel youre dieing to kits it up but you dont know where to start and wha to get first to get the best bang for your buck.

if you really want extra cash man put your mind to it youll figure out some way even if its hard work.

good luck dude

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 08-05-2004 | 01:59 PM

I don't post a lot but this thread got me goin...

First off.. Congrats. You have a G35. A nice car to say the least. Even with the complaints that people have here and there, it's a nice phat ride.

Secondly, shut up and stop whining and meow-ing about not having money to mod. Get a part time job, sling dope, do something. Did you buy it with your money? Parents? If they did, you really have nothing to meow about. Go mow a few lawns, or get a part time job to save up and mod. If you bought it yourself, much respect for doing it at 18. Save up and mod.

I'm 25 too and this is my first new car. At 19 i had my first car ever and it was used. 93 Acura Vigor. I still was thankful for at least having a car.

Don't whine about what you don't have. Be thankful for what you do have. That's my outlook.

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Navigation | SKYLINE+GT350 emblems | Clear Corners | 35% & 50% Tints

Old 08-05-2004 | 02:03 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

I'll agree with the rest of the guys here. Be thankful your car is a G coupe. I'm too embarrassed to say what I was driving when I was 18....

Have fun and drive safely.

My G-enie

Old 08-05-2004 | 02:12 PM

Wow you guys are brutal. Sounds more like wishful thinking than actual whining. Just my .02, I could be wrong.

Old 08-05-2004 | 02:16 PM

damn lol.. relax.. the guy was just wondering how you all make money for this, as he has non and wants to have mods.. think back to when you were 18.. you wished you had a lot of things too.. sheesh.. and yes, for being 18 and having this car is a privlage..be thankful.. but agian.. rethink b4 you bust *****.. i had NO car when i was in HS.. i took the bus.. after hs i worked 2 jobs and still attended school to afford a honda civic (new) ..

my advice, if you really want mods, and go to school.. pick up a part time job and get what you like, that way, parents are not involved and you will appreciate your car 10x more as the money spent on mods is hard earned by you and only you..

goodluck.

Old 08-05-2004 | 02:29 PM

Heck, I am 37 and still wake up in the morning wishing the woman next to me was Jennifer Lopez. Nothing wrong with wishing..... lol .....

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 08-05-2004 | 03:08 PM

the only mod you need is a smokin hot 17 year old chica riding shotgun and you're set

Old 08-05-2004 | 03:33 PM

"Heck, I am 37 and still wake up in the morning wishing the woman next to me was Jennifer Lopez. Nothing wrong with wishing..... lol ....."

hahahahah...

When I was 18 I had to walk 10 miles, up a hill, in the snow, with no shoes... What's up with all the old man sob stories?

Old 08-05-2004 | 03:45 PM
Banned

Your daddy wont give you the money to pimp your ride?

Old 08-05-2004 | 04:12 PM
E_K
From: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha

There are a few mods one could do that would cost almost nothing.

I tinted my side lights, that cost maybe $5.

I took out the amber piece in the headlight. The actual monetary cost for that is $0, but I spent $180 for the projectors.

I portmatched and polished the lower plenum, intake manifold, widened the throttle body. Total cost for that is $20 for the sandpaper and dremel bits.

Do a search if you want to see pics of what I'm taking about.

Anyway, when I was 18, I had a 91 Legend. I was happy just keeping the car clean and washing it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: no budget no mods