G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

VDC, Slip, and ABS light came on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC, Slip, and ABS light came on

I have an 06 G coupe with 40000 miles on it. The other night the VDC, Slip, and ABS light came on. At the same time I heard a little whine going on in the bay of the car. I left it figuring it would go off but the next day I came out the car was dead.

Here is my problem, there is some snow on the ground and I need to go to Boston this weekend. Does anyone know what has caused this or a fix to this? I can't figure this out.

Thanks guys!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That indicates any one of a number of general malfunctions anywhere in the ABS, VDC, TCS, and it can be significantly broken, or not.

Sorry not what you need to hear, but when this happened to my car it was simply the wire had split for the wing-mounted OEM brake light, it broke where the bundle goes from the trunk lid to the body. So just because a stupid light wasn't working the entire system **** itself. When I talked to the mechanic, the range of reasons why that combo lights up was a staggeringly long list.

My only suggestion would be to charge the battery, check for codes if you can, otherwise you're going to need to diagnose the problem with help. In the meantime you may have already noticed your braking system is seriously sub-optimal, I would not drive it any further than where you need to get it fixed.

Not sure what that whine is, guessing if it did not go away, something in the ABS or EBD because they are electrical-hydraulic units so they have pieces capable of making sounds like that.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveZ
That indicates any one of a number of general malfunctions anywhere in the ABS, VDC, TCS, and it can be significantly broken, or not.

Sorry not what you need to hear, but when this happened to my car it was simply the wire had split for the wing-mounted OEM brake light, it broke where the bundle goes from the trunk lid to the body. So just because a stupid light wasn't working the entire system **** itself. When I talked to the mechanic, the range of reasons why that combo lights up was a staggeringly long list.

My only suggestion would be to charge the battery, check for codes if you can, otherwise you're going to need to diagnose the problem with help. In the meantime you may have already noticed your braking system is seriously sub-optimal, I would not drive it any further than where you need to get it fixed.

Not sure what that whine is, guessing if it did not go away, something in the ABS or EBD because they are electrical-hydraulic units so they have pieces capable of making sounds like that.
Oh man! That sucks to hear cause its Valentines day! And we have like 2 feet of snow so I cant get to the shop until friday! which I leave friday night. Any other input? Thanks SteveZ!