G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Do you live in California and not have a front license plate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Just an FYI, that' not going to count. It MUST be attached to the bumper and bolted/screwed in so it does not come off.

The purpose is so that a cop can run your plates while in front of you. Although I think it's quite stupid, because that's a distraction to a cop and unsafe to other drivers.

IMHO, it's used as an excuse to generate revenue and to provide a reason to find other vehicle codes you are in violation of.
Most patrol vehicles now are equipped with license plate scanners. That automatically scans every plate. And will "alarm" if your plate isn't registered, you have some type of warrant on you, etc etc.

So it has to be at a level where the scanner can read it. Having it mounted on the window is not only stupid, but the scanner cannot read the plates from that height and angle.

I think I saw this on the discovery channel. Where a few parking enforcement officers scan a few neighborhoods and ticket them. Every now and then an alarm would hit and tells the officer that a vehicle has outstanding tickets, etc etc.

Thing is, most cops no longer need to type in your plates into their computer.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i never put on my front plates
i had my g for a lil over a year now and only got pulled over once for no front plates
i told the lady that i ordered some locking nuts for my front plates cus someone stole one of my bolts b4 and left the plate hanging

the cop told me to put it on asap and let me go lol

Old 05-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I hate New Jersey because i hate running a front plate..

Old 05-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
i've received well over 100 citations for no front plate. finally 2 years ago, i put my front plate on and it gets stolen off the car. so now i just carry the police report with me so if i get pulled over for no front plate i'm like... look.... it was stolen... and they let me go citation free

Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I've received 3 maybe 4 tickets for no front license plate, but the tickets were also for tint and excessive speed. Those tickets were given when I owned a IP very trick Trans Am in the late 80s. Since then I haven't run a front plate on my '92 300ZXTT or this '04 G35 and haven't received a ticket for anything....knock on wood!
Gary

Old 05-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I parked my accord on the street in front of my house, came out and saw a citation for no license plate. As for my G, I don't even have the front license plate, I bought the car like that.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:27 PM
got pulled over twice already for not having the front plates. i run OEM front my REASON to the cops always "the car doesnt come with holes in the front so y would i modify my car??? and i dont have the right tools to make a hole in the front which makes it more dangerous. right???" rightafter i say that, cops always look confused and problly thinking too hahaha then they end up giving me a verbal ..... works twice already but it doesnt mean it will work all the time... i guess it depends on wat kind of cop will pull u over.....

Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk06
I parked my accord on the street in front of my house, came out and saw a citation for no license plate. As for my G, I don't even have the front license plate, I bought the car like that.
This is a very good example why we should try to avoid using public parking, had he been parked in his driveway they couldn't have given him the citation. I don't dislike cops, meter maids are a different story....
Gary

Old 05-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by nighthawk06
same thing happened to my cousins 08 350z in daly city. its completely stock except for tints. he was looking out the window when he saw a cop roll by and stopped by his car. he gets out and starts writing a ticket and my cousin goes out to talk to him and failed.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Pain in the butt, gotto find the front license plate, put it on then find a cop and ask him to sign it, mail in the money.
Talking about meter maids, oh man, I paralleled park a lil bit off the curb, got a parking ticket for park too far from the curb. There was a car in the front and back and I didn't want to bump into them, also afraid I'm gona scrape the rims and there goes the citation

Old 05-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I do not have a front plate and I still have dealer plate on back. I almost got pulled over but when the cop started walking to my car, I took off and he stopped to help some old lady I hit instead of chasing me. I am sure I would of gotten a fix it ticket.. but no... I have not been pulled over yet and neither of my cars have front plates.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I got one two years ago crossing the nevada cali border. I received a fix it ticket. I keep it on due to my LR 6MT kinda stands out here and do not want to deal with CHP.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:51 PM
i drive in nj without a front plate
i just avoid street parking and park facing a wall or something in parking lots to avoid trouble

Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't have one and hope to not have to
put it on..

Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Dont have one mounted, and dont intend to either. I'll take my tickets. I wont EVER drill into my Kuruma, so F all that noise.

As for the "just put it in your window" idea. Yea, you can still get a ticket for that too, its called "improperly displayed plate."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you live in California and not have a front license plate?