G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

hey guys, 3 more months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Get_some35
i think the bimmer will be a more reliable car
The infiniti is definitely more reliable in the long run. Check this website out for reliability issues in cars. http://www.truedelta.com/car-reliability.php

Even if they were the same reliability the G35 would cost less to purchase and change the parts. The fair share of European cars I've owned all have electrical issues with something that costs an arm and leg to fix.

In this youtube video
the 335i oil overheats and the throttle dies. I am pretty sure BMW fixed this issue, but if something like that happens I wouldn't consider bimmers to be reliable. I haven't ever heard of Nissan/Infiniti having major issues like that. Nissan engines and trannys can take a lot of abuse.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would depend on how each car was maintained.

BTW kid, don't act like some hot shot because you bought half of the car, you wouldn't have it without your parents help. I wish my parents would of bought half of my coupe, I'd have it basically paid off.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it would also depend on how its driven, but with all the oil consumption and clicking axles and other tsbs (but not for evveeeryy car out there) for the g i think the bimmer might be less of a headache. however, i do think the g is more worthwhile. i remember driving my dads bimmer and it didnt feel as good as my g... well idk i just think the bimmer has less character

Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 PM
what im trying to say is if i get a 03-04 coupe ill be buying it my self for 10k, but if my parents can help me out half ill, get a car like 07-08 from the dealer CPO for like 20k or lower, and for the insurance on the coupe, the coupe would be under my dad, and i would be under the cheapest car, my goal is to get a 07-08 from the dealer CPO, but since money isnt doing the best now, i might buy my self a 03-04 coupe, clean tile 40-70k miles.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10k? with like 100k miles..

Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by G35,6MT
what im trying to say is if i get a 03-04 coupe ill be buying it my self for 10k, but if my parents can help me out half ill, get a car like 07-08 from the dealer CPO for like 20k or lower, and for the insurance on the coupe, the coupe would be under my dad, and i would be under the cheapest car, my goal is to get a 07-08 from the dealer CPO, but since money isnt doing the best now, i might buy my self a 03-04 coupe, clean tile 40-70k miles.
I think you'll have a pretty hard time finding a "clean" 03-04 coupe with less than 70k miles for 10k. But good luck.

Not to mention you'll have taxes and registration fees.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FRY TWO
10k? with like 100k miles..
why not? were in a recession, people need the money and these cars are 6-7 years old, KBB on them are from 10-13. here in miami, idk about were you live, but ive seen MANY go for around 10k clean and all, its all about negotiating and the cash, people cant turn down cash offers.

heres and example clean title and 63k miles, with navi
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/1716355545.html
i asked if they'd do 10 cash and they said yes.

you just gotta look around, and yes i do know about tax and registration.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
No way, no how. And it's not even close. You can think it, but that doesn't make it true.

Originally Posted by Thats G
I think it would depend on how each car was maintained.
Maintenance is certainly part of it, but all things being equal, the G35 is significantly more reliable than any BMW. And when things do break, they are much more expensive to get repaired on a German car than Japanese. Besides, how is he going to know the maintenance history?

Kid, if mommy and daddy do decide to gift you with a car you probably don't deserve, remember that you're giving up tons of performance by going with the 328. They really aren't comparable cars other than they both have 6 cylinders. The 328 competes with maybe a Ford Fusion, or some other wimpy V6. And either car will be very expensive to insure. The G35 because of it's performance and the 328 because it's expensive and new. You'd be foolish not to get full coverage on either one of them, so factor in at least $2000 a year to insure them.

And if you're looking for a CPO 328i Coupe, you won't be getting it for $20K. There's about a $3K premium on Coupes vs. Sedans. And the car will have upwards of 50K miles on it. Check out Autotrader.com and you'll see what kind of prices are out there.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not? were in a recession, people need the money and these cars are 6-7 years old, KBB on them are from 10-13. here in miami, idk about were you live, but ive seen MANY go for around 10k clean and all, its all about negotiating and the cash, people cant turn down cash offers.

That car dealership seems a little shady. SRS auto? Make sure that title is clean otherwise you will be paying a hell of a lot in insurance. Also, the front bumper has gaps on where it hugs the side fenders. Carfax doesn't tell you everything. You gotta look at all the nooks and crannies. I was under the impression that dealerships DON'T want you to pay cash. They rather have you finance and pay them interest. I feel that it used to be that they loved cash back in the day but nowadays it seems like they love financing. I don't know. Eitherway be careful with your purchase.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

All this wisdom coming from a 16 year old kid who's never done, well, ... anything. I strongly suggest you run a Carfax on anything you consider buying, and have a mechanic check it out too. Having a clean title doesn't mean squat. By the looks of that place, I'd say that car is at best of questionable quality. They couldn't even spell Infiniti correctly. And of course they'll take $10K in cash, since they've already marked it up by at least $4K already. Maybe when you get older you'll understand how shady these kinds of places really are. Taking advantage of some wide-eyed kid with lots of cash is how they stay in business.

And whether it's cash or not makes no difference. People aren't going to sell you something for a discount just because you've got folding money to hand them. Money is money, whether it comes from a bank or out of your pocket.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
16 and just licensed with a newer inifiniti or bmw, or any car worth more than $5k for that matter is just stupid and a waste of money.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Look kid. Be smart with your money. You're a sophomore in high school I'm assuming, so if you really don't need a car right now don't buy one. I bought my first car 5 years ago when I was 20, and it was a 97 Maxima I got for $5000. Point is, be smart with your money. I'm in the finance industry and I'll tell you that the intrinsic value of that $10,000 will be significantly higher than the G that you'd put it towards. Listen to the older people on the forums and they'll all tell you that you're gonna be getting a piece of **** for $10K even if you think its clean. Hold on to that $10K, and the future benefits will be very rewarding.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Night Ryda
Look kid. Be smart with your money. You're a sophomore in high school I'm assuming, so if you really don't need a car right now don't buy one. I bought my first car 5 years ago when I was 20, and it was a 97 Maxima I got for $5000. Point is, be smart with your money. I'm in the finance industry and I'll tell you that the intrinsic value of that $10,000 will be significantly higher than the G that you'd put it towards. Listen to the older people on the forums and they'll all tell you that you're gonna be getting a piece of **** for $10K even if you think its clean. Hold on to that $10K, and the future benefits will be very rewarding.
^Couldn't have said it better myself. Wait until you are done with school and find a job to buy something nice. There's no point in having a nice car at your age, especially when your around a bunch of immature kids all the time. So, you plan on spending all the money you have saved up on a car. Expenses like gas, insurance, maintenance, registration...etc are not cheap with these cars, and certainly not with BMW's. Once you have a steady income(not allowance from your parents), then you can make financial descions based on what you can and cannot afford. Back to what "Night Ryda" was saying about being smart with your money: When I returned from Iraq, I was capable of buying a new GTR or Viper for cash. As tempting as it was, financially it would have been a bad descion for me in the long run. Hence why I bought the G35 instead.

If you must have a car, then I recommend you get something cheap and reliable that you can pick up for under 3K.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i say get a toyota

Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by deeznutts23
i say get a toyota
All you have to do is wire in a kill switch. Think of all the speeding tickets you can get out of.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hey guys, 3 more months