G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

hey guys, 3 more months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
No way, no how. And it's not even close. You can think it, but that doesn't make it true.

Maintenance is certainly part of it, but all things being equal, the G35 is significantly more reliable than any BMW. And when things do break, they are much more expensive to get repaired on a German car than Japanese. Besides, how is he going to know the maintenance history?

Kid, if mommy and daddy do decide to gift you with a car you probably don't deserve, remember that you're giving up tons of performance by going with the 328. They really aren't comparable cars other than they both have 6 cylinders. The 328 competes with maybe a Ford Fusion, or some other wimpy V6. And either car will be very expensive to insure. The G35 because of it's performance and the 328 because it's expensive and new. You'd be foolish not to get full coverage on either one of them, so factor in at least $2000 a year to insure them.

And if you're looking for a CPO 328i Coupe, you won't be getting it for $20K. There's about a $3K premium on Coupes vs. Sedans. And the car will have upwards of 50K miles on it. Check out Autotrader.com and you'll see what kind of prices are out there.
im looking for a sedan 328 actually.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
All this wisdom coming from a 16 year old kid who's never done, well, ... anything. I strongly suggest you run a Carfax on anything you consider buying, and have a mechanic check it out too. Having a clean title doesn't mean squat. By the looks of that place, I'd say that car is at best of questionable quality. They couldn't even spell Infiniti correctly. And of course they'll take $10K in cash, since they've already marked it up by at least $4K already. Maybe when you get older you'll understand how shady these kinds of places really are. Taking advantage of some wide-eyed kid with lots of cash is how they stay in business.

And whether it's cash or not makes no difference. People aren't going to sell you something for a discount just because you've got folding money to hand them. Money is money, whether it comes from a bank or out of your pocket.
ive been on this forumn for a while, even though i might be young i know alot about the car, the g35 is the car ive done the most research on.

and of course i know to bring a mechanic to check the car out.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Hey be nice everybody, remember what it was like when you were 16 and waiting for you dl. I sure do, and hey good luck with getting a good car. Make sure that you don't get to excited at the dealership and overpay.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
when I was 16 ( long *** time ago) 16 year olds didnt get G35s or BMWs as a first car..
ridiculous.. stupid parents should not breed no matter how much cash they have.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Houston5.0Jay
when I was 16 ( long *** time ago) 16 year olds didnt get G35s or BMWs as a first car..
if you havent noticed im paying for half if i get an 07 or 08, or im paying it in full if i get a 03-04 coupe, ive worked my *** off for that money, i hate how people come into these threads and say parents get you this parents get you that, my brother was fortunate enough and they paid his car in full 22k, im sure as hell they would do it to me to, but im trying to have some dignity here and help with what i can, and 10k is alot in a recision, and especialy for a 16 year old, i would actually prefer to buy a 03-04 coupe, but they want me to get a newer car, since the economy is not so good, theres actually a high chance ill be paying for the car itself.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
This may surprise many people on the forum coming from a 17 year old, but...

Yeah sure you made the money, but with no other expenses. Sure I make a ton of money in the summer, but I don't have to pay for all the **** I take for granted. My parents work their asses off to provide it for me. (Granted my G is a hand-me down) I drove a volvo as a first car. Driving a fast car as a first one is not smart. You will crash it, regardless of the severity of the accident.

I say you save the "10k" and put into something decent a couple years from now. Chances are if you do get a G, it will be auto ('nuff said) and be in **** condition.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so your first car is between a bmw and a G? wow not even 16? is this a joke? and G's for 10k? is thaaat a joke? get a honda A. you dont deserve a G cause its not your hard earned money so youll ruin the car and not maintain it well and appreciate it as much B. youre fuuuuucking 16 you should not be endangering civilians being behind a 280hp rear wheel drive coupe C. im sure youll say youre paying half, but being raised in a "well off" family and using 16 yrs of birthday money doesnt mean shiiiit to me D. call me a hater or jealous but i earn my stuff. people hated on me when i was about to get my ///M but in the end i wouldnt have been able to maintain it with insurance so i save a lil more and bought my G. im a fuuck of a kid bein 20 with one. people hate mee for that, youre not even 16 right? yeah fuuck that noise

Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by G35,6MT
if you havent noticed im paying for half if i get an 07 or 08, or im paying it in full if i get a 03-04 coupe, ive worked my *** off for that money, i hate how people come into these threads and say parents get you this parents get you that, my brother was fortunate enough and they paid his car in full 22k, im sure as hell they would do it to me to, but im trying to have some dignity here and help with what i can, and 10k is alot in a recision, and especialy for a 16 year old, i would actually prefer to buy a 03-04 coupe, but they want me to get a newer car, since the economy is not so good, theres actually a high chance ill be paying for the car itself.
bro youre 16, you havent even achieved man status, you havent gotten any pus sy your birthday money doesnt mean ****, its not hard earned money just surviving another year to get another fat wadd of bday cash, and its recession, dumbass 16 yr old, youre too young to know what that **** even is seeing as how your parents are throwin cars around, go buy a G coupe for 10k and see how long thatll last before needing another 10k thrown into it

Old 05-04-2010, 01:28 AM
hell yeah dude, im only 20 and i feel like as ******* havin one haha but thats what working from 15 will do for you, no way a 16 yr old has worked enough to have 10k of "hard earned" money to spend

Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thsi thread is gay.. What job gets a kid 10k, at only 16... Selling dope? seriously you can't even legally work until your 16 in California. So I'm claiming BS to your "hard earned money."

if you can, get a Honda and bother their forums.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^I agree. How the **** do you get $10K at the age of 16?! I'm 25, I've been working for over 7 ****ing years and the most I've ever saved up was $6K when I busted my *** for a whole summer working 76 hours a week back in 05. $5K of it was spent on my 97 Maxima cuz I really needed a car to go to college cuz the commute on the bus and trains took me over an hour, compared to a 20 min drive. And then I had to put the rest towards my tuition, so there went my 4 months of slaving away under the sun. I ain't gonna lie I wished back then my parents were ****ing rich like this *********er's, and even then I still took some things for granted like the gas and insurance my dad paid for.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remember when I turned 16, I just asked for 4 wheels and an engine, and I still got a slap on the face

Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
lols

Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by G35,6MT
my brother was fortunate enough and they paid his car in full 22k, im sure as hell they would do it to me to, but im trying to have some dignity here and help with what i can, and 10k is alot in a recision, and especialy for a 16 year old, i would actually prefer to buy a 03-04 coupe, but they want me to get a newer car, since the economy is not so good, theres actually a high chance ill be paying for the car itself.
Wake up. We're not in a recession anymore. Sure, some people might still be tight with their money, but the economy is definitely on an upswing, not a recession.

Originally Posted by Massios
This may surprise many people on the forum coming from a 17 year old, but...

I say you save the "10k" and put into something decent a couple years from now. Chances are if you do get a G, it will be auto ('nuff said) and be in **** condition.
Yeah, you're only 17, you probably need the extra 3 inches the MT provides right?

Originally Posted by OGKushRob
so your first car is between a bmw and a G? wow not even 16? is this a joke? and G's for 10k? is thaaat a joke? get a honda A. you dont deserve a G cause its not your hard earned money so youll ruin the car and not maintain it well and appreciate it as much B. youre fuuuuucking 16 you should not be endangering civilians being behind a 280hp rear wheel drive coupe C. im sure youll say youre paying half, but being raised in a "well off" family and using 16 yrs of birthday money doesnt mean shiiiit to me D. call me a hater or jealous but i earn my stuff. people hated on me when i was about to get my ///M but in the end i wouldnt have been able to maintain it with insurance so i save a lil more and bought my G. im a fuuck of a kid bein 20 with one. people hate mee for that, youre not even 16 right? yeah fuuck that noise
Even though this is pretty harsh, I pretty much agree. While there are definitely responsible, safe young drivers. The chances of being in a wreck are a lot higher for someone who is just learning how, or starting to drive. My advice, go buy an older car and drive it around for a year or so to get used to how other people drive on the road around you (Maybe an older 300zx, or an MKIII Supra). Then once you turn 17 or so go out and buy your G35.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 AM
yeah dude like 80% of new drivers get in accidents just in regular cars but put a punk kid behind 280+ Hp and you have a problem. i wonder how many sti's are totalled each year around socal and florida with these punkasses driving powerful cars and fuucking around having friends in the car and disregarding any reprecussions because its a scientific fact that someone that young cannot process the severity of the consequences and harm they can cause just as i cannot fathom the responsibility of owning a house and having a mortgage being that im only gonna be 21 in a couple months. ****s wrong allowing a child to drive a G or BMW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hey guys, 3 more months