G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

hey guys, 3 more months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There should be a law banning kids under 20 to able to drive anything over 200hp.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Night Ryda
There should be a law banning kids under 20 to able to drive anything over 200hp.
+1 you should get a civic!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Thats G
Yeah, you're only 17, you probably need the extra 3 inches the MT provides right?
Damn, lets not turn this into an MT vs AT debate. Its what ever the driver likes, and I happen to enjoy driving a stick. Technically AT G35 values are lower, so even though I did troll a bit with that comment, I'm right.

I'm not a "slam it in D and go" kind of person, I couldn't stand my volvo.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
bro youre 16, you havent even achieved man status, you havent gotten any pus sy your birthday money doesnt mean ****, its not hard earned money just surviving another year to get another fat wadd of bday cash, and its recession, dumbass 16 yr old, youre too young to know what that **** even is seeing as how your parents are throwin cars around, go buy a G coupe for 10k and see how long thatll last before needing another 10k thrown into it
ive saved up, and i had a little business going on since i was 13, no its not drugs, ive never smoked in my life and i can stand by that. i didnt pull this money out my *** i made it fare and square, fixing and selling gopeds constantly for over almost 3 years, and saving bday money, i joined this forum to get advice, not to be flamed by a noob, ive been on this site longer than you, so please at least have some respect.

you are so ignorant, the kbb on coupes are around 10-13, grow up, you seem more childish than me, and you say your 20? i mean please look at your user name? your making a fool of your self, im happy to say im going somewhere and life and trying to earn MY own things, if i seriously wanted to i could have my parents get me a new g37 coupe, but will i? no i wont, not trying to brag or anything but i am wealthy, both my parents work in the medical field and have there own offices, now im trying to do my own part and repay them for giving me a roof over my head, and all the commodities i need to live, etc, i joined this forum to learn some thing, you know how many teens in this country are getting this same car or equivalent in value, and dont even know how to change there own oil?? better yet change a tire or even know the Horse power on there car? why cause mommy and daddy buy it for them. now please go hate some where else.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Massios
Damn, lets not turn this into an MT vs AT debate. Its what ever the driver likes, and I happen to enjoy driving a stick. Technically AT G35 values are lower, so even though I did troll a bit with that comment, I'm right.

well the 6mt's value are a little higher due to the brembo brakes, and having 6 gears instead of 5.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Massios

Luckily 5AT has this cool thing called triptronic, so you don't just have to "slam it in D and go". I don't know if you knew that.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Mann leave this kid alone...he's just excited about getting his DL and getting a car..what does it matter if its a g35 or a honda or a benz...someone out there is always gonna have more money than someone else and if thats what they value then i feel bad for them...just be happy with what you got and don't be bitching at this kid for being excited.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dave160
Mann leave this kid alone...he's just excited about getting his DL and getting a car..what does it matter if its a g35 or a honda or a benz...someone out there is always gonna have more money than someone else and if thats what they value then i feel bad for them...just be happy with what you got and don't be bitching at this kid for being excited.
thank you, im sure most of you who, when you were 3 months away of getting your license were happy, and had if you had 10k on deck, would be looking to get the best bang for buck.

Last edited by G35,6MT; 05-04-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
Luckily 5AT has this cool thing called triptronic, so you don't just have to "slam it in D and go". I don't know if you knew that.
lmao I had the same **** in my volvo. Its not much to talk about.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
1. Have you driven a manual before?
2. Do you know of the possible problems with the 03-04 G35 Coupes?
3. Can you handle insurance and gas by yourself?
4. Most of the 16yo that drive a close to 300HP car won't have a good ending. I'm not in any way trying to offend you or anything, but a lot of young kids will like to show off and get out of control and do some dumb things. Not saying you will, but you get the idea.
5. Do you know how to do some simple maintenance to the car?
6. When buying the car. Please please please for heaven's sake just search properly. The craigslist place you posted, i wouldnt even touch that car. The fact that they can't even spell Infiniti correctly will make me think twice about them. Get a TRUSTED mechanic to look over it, in and out properly.
7. Don't rush your purchase. Look through as many cars as possible. If you cant find the perfect one, dont worry. That perfect car will be out there somewhere.
8. You have 10k. Great. But once you spend it, its gone. And if you end up with a bad product, you're in a bad situation. Make the best of the 10k and enjoy the car.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by davidxu
1. Have you driven a manual before?
2. Do you know of the possible problems with the 03-04 G35 Coupes?
3. Can you handle insurance and gas by yourself?
4. Most of the 16yo that drive a close to 300HP car won't have a good ending. I'm not in any way trying to offend you or anything, but a lot of young kids will like to show off and get out of control and do some dumb things. Not saying you will, but you get the idea.
5. Do you know how to do some simple maintenance to the car?
6. When buying the car. Please please please for heaven's sake just search properly. The craigslist place you posted, i wouldnt even touch that car. The fact that they can't even spell Infiniti correctly will make me think twice about them. Get a TRUSTED mechanic to look over it, in and out properly.
7. Don't rush your purchase. Look through as many cars as possible. If you cant find the perfect one, dont worry. That perfect car will be out there somewhere.
8. You have 10k. Great. But once you spend it, its gone. And if you end up with a bad product, you're in a bad situation. Make the best of the 10k and enjoy the car.
1. i learned in central america on mountains, had to engage the clutch perfectly and all, so driving it here on these buttery roads are simple,
2. yes, window motors, some oil consumtion not like the rev ups though, radios tend to go bad, but the DD kit is a easy and cheap fix, some computer problems etc.
3. ill be paying for half or all the car, but paints want me to get a newer car so well see what happens, gas and insurance is on them
4.i understand that and get criticized on this forumn alot cause of that topic, im a straght 3.0 + student and have honors and pre ap, im looking to actually have a future in life, so im on the ball when it comes to driving safe.
5.yes
6. i just used that link as an example, i wouldnt get it from a dealership like that any way, it would most likely be private owner, and id be looking for a single owner hopefully elderly 30+, and id always bring a mechanic
7.yes, thats why ive been searcing since october~ seen so many deals go so fast. single owner, clean tile 60k miles, 9-11k, so i know whats up with the market for g's more than some ppl in this thread since ive been searching for awhile and there are alot of g's to choose from in miami, i always search everyday.
8.yup, but u never know, my parents might get me with 10k for a better car from a dealer and CPO, well have to see.

pretty much if my parents tell me to wait to wait 1 more year, ill just buy my car in 3 months~, i hate waiting for rides, and taking the bus to myhouse from school sucks. i can go to the gym and party's freely and chill with my frineds when ever i want.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
if i seriously wanted to i could have my parents get me a new g37 coupe
Why stop there, go for a Murcielago.

Yeah, you're only 17, you probably need the extra 3 inches the MT provides right?
I'm not taking sides with this topic but

OP, most of the people in this thread have enough experience to know that financially your better off not getting a G35. Unless your parents cover all the expenses that come with these cars. And most people at your age are not the wisest on the roads when driving a somewhat fast car. I don't care how much self control and discipline you think you have. There's a reason your age group has the highest insurance rates.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft

OP, most of the people in this thread have enough experience to know that financially your better off not getting a G35. Unless your parents cover all the expenses that come with these cars. And most people at your age are not the wisest on the roads when driving a somewhat fast car. I don't care how much self control and discipline you think you have. There's a reason your age group has the highest insurance rates.
fuuuuckin A right bro, and a somewhat fast car??? this car is fast as shiiit and ive driven sti's a gallardo and i love my G its practical and can rip it up. this kid wont have enough for maintenance and gas and an insurance thatll be 1200+ every 6 months. no 16 yr old should have a car with this much horsepower stock, thank god hes not in IL. being 16 his insurance will be prob 1500 every 6 have fun with that, see if your parents will pay for that too...smh

Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft

lol at the stop there part, i wish i was that rich, but in allseriousness its true that my parents could aford a g37, but im not gonna be a douche and do that, my parents would cover expenses and all, id pay for the car it self.

Last edited by G35,6MT; 05-04-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
fuuuuckin A right bro, and a somewhat fast car??? this car is fast as shiiit and ive driven sti's a gallardo and i love my G its practical and can rip it up. this kid wont have enough for maintenance and gas and an insurance thatll be 1200+ every 6 months. no 16 yr old should have a car with this much horsepower stock, thank god hes not in IL. being 16 his insurance will be prob 1500 every 6 have fun with that, see if your parents will pay for that too...smh
my parents would help me, they really like the fact that im putting effort here. but im listing the car under my dad if i get a coupe, and put my self under the cheapest car at my house, and chill with the whole power thing quit being a girl about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hey guys, 3 more months