G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Uh Oh: Nissan to recall Infiniti G35 over air bag issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess i have to take my car to the stealership...

Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not sure why everybody is getting so worked up about this. Recalls happen all the time. Wait for your notification in the mail and follow the instructions.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Nice to see NISSAN doing something about it. Unlike those greedy bastards over at Infiniti. If it was left up to Infinti they would say, "We never heard of that problem"...

I hope Nissan also issue a recall or TSB on our suspension / tread wear issue like they did with the 350z. Infiniti is still dragging their feet.

I would love my car so much better if they fixed the stupid suspension problem. I know Nissan already issues a "revised" compression rod on our cars. Due to the "bushing" cracking prematurely.

Waiting for the Mainstream media to rip on Nissan over this like they did over Toyota over the pedal problems. Oh do they love to rip on the Japanese car manufacturer for being more successful then crappy Ford and GM. Both which needed a few billion dollar BAIL OUT....

Wonder if I can take my car to Nissan instead of Infiniti since Nissan is closer....

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 05-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Subaru WRX STI
The previous owner of my G took it to Nissan all the time for general maintenance. I've also read posts in other forums stating that they have taken their Infinitis to Nissan dealers. I don't know if Nissan will honor a recall for an Infiniti though... doesn't hurt to drive by and ask.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by formula91
The previous owner of my G took it to Nissan all the time for general maintenance. I've also read posts in other forums stating that they have taken their Infinitis to Nissan dealers. I don't know if Nissan will honor a recall for an Infiniti though... doesn't hurt to drive by and ask.
Yeah, I called and they said no..

Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
For warranty work and recalls you have to go to Infiniti. You can go to Nissan for maintenance work though if you dont mind saving 40-50%. I cant wait to go into Infiniti for this recall and come out with a laundry list of "recommended maintenance" since I never go there for nothing but TSBs, warranty claims, and soon to come recalls lol.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 PM
shti my air bag light just came on flashing...I have an 03 coupe..

Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 PM
My airbag light came on about two months ago and luckily my car is under warranty so I got the module replaced.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I just installed Jiffy Pop airbags in my car and bypassed the factory system. No more hunger pains whilst waiting for the paramedics to show up.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by plonka
I just installed Jiffy Pop airbags in my car and bypassed the factory system. No more hunger pains whilst waiting for the paramedics to show up.
Worst part is the big microwave strapped to the steering wheel. Need to anticipate an accident by 3 minutes for enough time to cook the jiffy pop bags.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
I'm not sure why everybody is getting so worked up about this. Recalls happen all the time. Wait for your notification in the mail and follow the instructions.
x2

It seems as if those going ape **** haven't owned very many late-model cars. Recalls are issued constantly and no manufacturer is immune. As a previous poster noted, manufacturers not starting recalls at least periodically may indicate concealment.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by felixsc300
I think you should start commuting on a bicycle. Every single manufacturer has issued a recall at least once during their years. Audi in '87, Honda Fit earlier this year for window switches, Honda Odyssey for trunk struts last month, Toyota-Lexus last year for unintended acceleration.

It's unfortunate, yes, but it's no need to flame Nissan-Infiniti, particularly when the said manufacturer immediately assumed responsibility for said recall and there are no injuries or deaths linked to this recall.

EDIT: Here's some food for thought:

Source.
hmm... 2 infinitis and 1 nissan we own ALL have some type of recall on em. (2 recalls on my G, 1 recall on FX, and 1 recall on quest) so is that a coincidence???

Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I just called my dealership (Willow Grove Infiniti) and they said only 07 coupes have that issue. I could smell the BS cuz I just read that 05-07 coupes need it.

Is this only an issue if your airbag light comes on? Or should everyone get it checked out? I have an 06 coupe but the airbag light never comes on.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Max_Powers
Yea I just called my dealership (Willow Grove Infiniti) and they said only 07 coupes have that issue. I could smell the BS cuz I just read that 05-07 coupes need it.

Is this only an issue if your airbag light comes on? Or should everyone get it checked out? I have an 06 coupe but the airbag light never comes on.
The dealerships will be notified by Nissan to let them know who is covered. Notices will then be sent out to the car owners. Just wait to get your notice.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Banned
^ Yeah just wait for the letter. If your light isn't on you have nothing to worry about. But if your vehicle is affected, you will get a letter.

The problem is the wires under the seat, Which is loose or whatever and moves around. Over time, the connection will be disrupted and the light SRS light will light up.

----------------
Description of the Defect:
On some of the potentially affected vehicles, the wire harness connecting the Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) and the Occupant Detection Sensor (ODS) control unit under the front passenger seat can experience relative
movement possibly caused by vehicle vibration or passenger loading on the
seat cushion. In certain instances, the movement may cause the pin and
sleeve terminals in the connecter to rub against each another. If this
occurs repeatedly, it can cause wear and oxidization of the terminals, which
may cause the contact resistance of the terminals to increase excessively.
High resistance in the connecter can cause interruption of the signal from
the BTS to the ODS control unit. If the signal interruption is detected, the
passenger air bag is designed to suppress. If this occurred, the (red)
supplemental air bag warning light would flash and the (amber) front
passenger air bag status light would illuminate to alert the vehicle operator
that the passenger air bag is not operating.
---------------------

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uh Oh: Nissan to recall Infiniti G35 over air bag issues