G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Uh Oh: Nissan to recall Infiniti G35 over air bag issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 06 Coupe,
just gave Infiniti a call and they said that they currently do not have a fix for this recall, told me to wait for a letter from Infiniti, hope this covers my car cuz its reconstructed

Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Dante
I have an 06 Coupe,
just gave Infiniti a call and they said that they currently do not have a fix for this recall, told me to wait for a letter from Infiniti, hope this covers my car cuz its reconstructed
Are your air bags light on?

I know that a vehicle "warranty" is no longer valid when a vehicle is salvaged. But recalls are "mandatory" and you should be covered. Unless, the reason your SRS lights is on is because you no longer have functioning airbags due to an accident....

Then you are pretty much on your own there.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
should there be a passenger air bag light being lit if i have no one sitting in the passenger seat?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
It's all fun and games till the lawyers get involved

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers

Waiting for the Mainstream media to rip on Nissan over this like they did over Toyota over the pedal problems. Oh do they love to rip on the Japanese car manufacturer for being more successful then crappy Ford and GM. Both which needed a few billion dollar BAIL OUT....

Wonder if I can take my car to Nissan instead of Infiniti since Nissan is closer....
FYI, Ford did not recieve a bailout and GM has paid their bailout loan back in full with interest. All cars have problems, ALL CARS! Porsche, Landrover, Audi even Lambo's. I was talking to a guy at a car show who owned a Lamborghini Murcillago and he said he's had quite a few TSB's, one of which involved his trunk latch opening at high speeds. The car manufacturers weigh the cost of a recall vs the cost of a massive lawsuit. The all mighty dollar rules. If your light is not on don't call (wait for your letter). If it is on, bring it in now. It might prevent the airbags from deploying in a crash.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Longduckdong
FYI, ...and GM has paid their bailout loan back in full with interest. ....
like dom said in fnf4 "do u still leave milk and cookies out for santa claus?" lol dont believe everything u hear

Old 05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Longduckdong
FYI, Ford did not recieve a bailout and GM has paid their bailout loan back in full with interest.
--------
But as the Associated Press reported, GM received a total of $52 billion from the U.S. government and $9.5 billion from the Canadian and Ontario governments as part of its bankruptcy reorganization. The U.S. considered $6.7 billion of the $52 billion as a loan.

In fact, GM still owes $45.3 billion to the U.S. and $8.1 billion to Canada, money it received in exchange for shares in the company. GM said it hopes to repay those amounts with an eventual public stock offering, the AP reported.

--------

If 6.7 of the 52 billion was a considered a loan. WTF was the rest? A gift from the tax payers?

Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Are your air bags light on?

I know that a vehicle "warranty" is no longer valid when a vehicle is salvaged. But recalls are "mandatory" and you should be covered. Unless, the reason your SRS lights is on is because you no longer have functioning airbags due to an accident....

Then you are pretty much on your own there.
No the light is not on, and the airbags did not deploy in the accident
maybe they should have? lmao

FUN TIMES!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM
--------
But as the Associated Press reported, GM received a total of $52 billion from the U.S. government and $9.5 billion from the Canadian and Ontario governments as part of its bankruptcy reorganization. The U.S. considered $6.7 billion of the $52 billion as a loan.

In fact, GM still owes $45.3 billion to the U.S. and $8.1 billion to Canada, money it received in exchange for shares in the company. GM said it hopes to repay those amounts with an eventual public stock offering, the AP reported.

--------

If 6.7 of the 52 billion was a considered a loan. WTF was the rest? A gift from the tax payers?

Wow, I stand corrected. Sometimes there's that naive child in me that believes good news. The disturbing part is they used bailout money to pay back bailout money? wtf do you need bailout money for in the first place? Let's sue GM for false advertising

Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tt88supraman
hmm... 2 infinitis and 1 nissan we own ALL have some type of recall on em. (2 recalls on my G, 1 recall on FX, and 1 recall on quest) so is that a coincidence???
Yep.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
you must wait until you receive your recall letter. i went there today... complete waste of time..

Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ well yea if you read the Recall it stated there is no fix yet and to wait. But I guess you missed that.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TrixR4kidz
you must wait until you receive your recall letter. i went there today... complete waste of time..
^ haha

If your car had any squeaks or creaking noises. I would have used that time there to have a tech look at it. I hate going to the dealership for nothing.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ well yea if you read the Recall it stated there is no fix yet and to wait. But I guess you missed that.
The temporary fix is to replace the passenger seat assembly. But yea, it doesn't prevent it from recurring. So they need to come up with a permanent fix.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ according to the report Nissan sent, thats what the dealers did when people came in with the problem, and yea the Recall is a FIX so it never happens again.

So people coming in now with the airbag light on will probably do the temp fix until the real fix comes out so they will need to come back.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
good to know, thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uh Oh: Nissan to recall Infiniti G35 over air bag issues