G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The Dealership Wrecked My Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dealership Wrecked My Car

Well I was just about to get my car back from the dealer after 3 weeks in the shop. They had been installing my RC550 injectors + my rebuilt Vortech SC unit. We had planned to meet at the Dyno yesterday AM (Wednesday) to do the final tune on the car before releasing it to me. Today I received a call from my advisor telling me the following. "We were out test driving your car to make sure things were adjusted well enough to make the drive to the dyno shop and the driver got rear ended by a truck at a stop sign" (not the dealer/drivers fault). I was in total shock as you can imagine, after I made sure the driver was ok I just about lost it. I have been taking very good care of this car as everyone else does and this is what I get for my efforts. They tell me that the body shop at the dealership will be handling the repairs as they are an Infiniti certified body shop. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks at best for the body repairs to be completed. The rear bumper and right side quarter panel was damaged and who knows what else underneath. All that I have to say is, I hope they make things right from all perspectives..

Too many mods to list… Complete Web Site

Old 09-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Dealership Wrecked My Car

There is going to be the issue of "diminshed value" of the car after you get it back, even if all the repairs were handled professionally. The dealership has insurance for such events, and I suggest you talk to them about it.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your damage.

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

Old 09-23-2004, 03:01 PM

There is going to be the issue of "diminshed value" of the car after you get it back, even if all the repairs were handled professionally. The dealership has insurance for such events, and I suggest you talk to them about it.
=================================

I agree...

Too many mods to list… Complete Web Site

Old 09-23-2004, 04:25 PM
G SQUAD

Something like this happened with another shop in an IS300, except that the driver of the car did not have permission to take the customer's car out and drive it around for a test. He ultimately got fired..

As for your car, I'm sorry this had to happen. You put a lot of time and effort into a great car, and it had to be damaged by someone rather than yourself. I hope the dealer repairs your car perfectly and they offer some service/product to try and equalize the suffering you've endured from them.

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox

Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that sucks about your car, hang in there and it'll be back and ready to go before you know it. I'm a little frustrated at this point too... are you ever gonna get that HD VDC mod installed?????

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 09-24-2004, 12:55 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, the value of the car will def. go down, i would talk to a lawyer or the manager or someone and see what they can do to compensate for the loss in value from damage!! That sucks, good luck with it..

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 09-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"There is going to be the issue of "diminshed value" of the car after you get it back, even if all the repairs were handled professionally. The dealership has insurance for such events, and I suggest you talk to them about it. "

The dealership's insurance probably will not cover diminished value in this case or even consider it. It is a first party claim for them and would be bound by the terms of the contract itself and I highly doubt any insurer would allow or leave open the issue of diminished value on a first party claim. Generally, the damages or the Actual cash value(if it is a Total loss) is what the policy will state is covered. Since the dealer is not liable for the damages, their liability coverage would not cover this. Instead it would be covered under a garage keeper's policy or something similar.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:04 AM

I know the body shop it is going to and all I can say is good luck with them. I refused to take my car 4 times when they said it was complete each time, and had to bring it back 2 additional times. After 1 month tires started to look funny so I sold it and got a new one. The body shop was so bad I will never go back to them. Also its a nissan shop not infiniti.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:34 AM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just lookat at your site man and that is one sick ride. She deserved better than that. Sorry to hear good luck with the repairs.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:44 AM

i wouldnt take the car even if they repaired it. Ask them for a new car or some compensetion..I didnt give my car to get it back like this..so I am sure there is a way of fighting this and there is no way you can be held responsible for someone else banging the car..fight with them..its not right..

Sorry for loss, i can understand..it is extremely hard..If it were with me...they actually would have to call the police on me to live