G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs Subaru WRX STi weight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LMG_35C
I own and drive both. My 06WRX is a DD.

Overall there's no question in my mind that I prefer the way my G drives, rides, handles and looks but the WRX is certainly faster off the line and perhaps through 60mph. At that point though I'd say it begins to lose to the G that has built up it's momentum much more powerfully.
I like the AWD stability and the WRX's manuverability. I've owned and self-maintained my subies for a long time and they have all been super-reliable.

I guess I just see them as having different personalities and strengths. If I could only have one though, the WRX wins because of the AWD...but I'll never give up my G.
Same here, see my sig. I totally agree with what you said. The STi is my daily driver, but for longer distance drives, I'd much rather take the automatic G. The G is a grand touring semi sports car. The STi/WRX is a rally car. Totally different cars with different purposes.

Originally Posted by MyGfaster1
yup thats why subaru finally had a good idea and is coming out with auto wrx sti
Your credibility went out the window with that comment.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:52 PM
ok one. i wouldnt by a american car none the less a FORD(Found On Road Dead) and where i drive we have kinda like a fast and furious kinda meet up where everyone meets and shows there car then we all go and drive and race. sorry for the bad example. i know there two different class of cars but like i said the new wrx(tuned) did beat me from a dig, but i had him on a highway run. I love subaru and am not against them at all but im just saying i kept up and he won by alittle on a dig. also if he wants to go on a twistie road then so be it cause last i heard G35's can handle there own on those, as for mine i have aftermarket suspension so yea. For the Ken lock video, yes he can drift like that in a wrx but still that thing is FULLY BUILT and has major power so it comes easy to him, you can put him in a Geo Metro(FWD) and he will still make ppl look bad.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:55 PM

2011 STI

Back to a sedan

Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Both cars are great... both cars are made for different things. I own 06 wrx with upgraded turbo and tuned. I never think of comparing both cause they are both completely different cars.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
i gotta say, i miss my sti. i had it built from the ground up making 5 and change to the wheels. i would smoke anything that rolled up next to me, i was known down at every race and the look on peoples faces when i would gate next to them at 27 pounds with my cut out coming off my dp wide open.... but honestly what it comes down to is the subaru is a guy magnet.... my g now is a chick magnet, enough said hahaha i know it had NOTHING to do with the original post but i just figured i would throw it out there

Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by thejoker
i gotta say, i miss my sti. i had it built from the ground up making 5 and change to the wheels. i would smoke anything that rolled up next to me, i was known down at every race and the look on peoples faces when i would gate next to them at 27 pounds with my cut out coming off my dp wide open.... but honestly what it comes down to is the subaru is a guy magnet.... my g now is a chick magnet, enough said hahaha i know it had NOTHING to do with the original post but i just figured i would throw it out there
One of the very first things i noticed about the G....the guy magnet was cool at first but after a short time it got really annoying. "Yes it's a real STi, yes its fast, yes its mine."

Old 05-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dcryan90
G35 has class and well its not a 4 banger!
DRIFT FTMFW
He uses class and drifting together...

This thread sure makes me laugh

Honestly I cannot even put these scenarios ,the OP is coming up with, together. None of it makes sense to me to be honest.

I've had legal runs with stock Evo's and STi's and I'll tell you, the G doesn't even come close when it comes to a 1/4, especially from a dig, let alone they'll absolutely murder in the corners.

Though whether it is from a dig or not makes an enormous difference, but even then, thats where power comes into play and the STi still out powers.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by thejoker
my g now is a chick magnet, enough said
You really think your 6 year old, $14k car is a chick magnet? Wow. Must be in high school. Try riding in a 2006 Ford GT sometime, then you will know the meaning of a Chick Magnet.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by MyGfaster1
funny how cars have too put turbos in to keep up with VQ's
Really? Such as?

FYI it's to, not too...

Old 05-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
You really think your 6 year old, $14k car is a chick magnet? Wow. Must be in high school. Try riding in a 2006 Ford GT sometime, then you will know the meaning of a Chick Magnet.
Your car ain't worth much more than that, sorry.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by NachoCheese
Your car ain't worth much more than that, sorry.
My car? Since I have an 04 G35 I don't get what you are trying to say.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think we all know cars are generally depreciating liabilities, not assets

Old 05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Out of the job yet? keep fixing your ford.

So, glad I came up with that^

And are you saying a ford GT or a Mustang GT? Because sure any incredibly rare car worth $200k+ is going to drop more panties than a $30k luxury coupe. Be it a lambo, porsche, anything in the incredibly over priced category.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
Your average girl, non car enthusiast, would have no clue how old the car is. I'm sure I could tell your average person that It's a 2011 model and they wouldn't say a thing.

Hell.. How many people out there don't even know what an Infiniti is?

I made a post in another thread about this, but when I purchased my car the loan officer asked what kind of car It was. I replied "It's an Infiniti", and they said "No.. I mean, is it a Honda, Toyota, etc?". It took another few minutes for her to understand that the company who made the car is called "Infiniti". (she never actually saw the car btw).

Old 05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ I agree. Most people don't even know what Infiniti is. Even a properly maintained 2003 G still looks modern because of it's design and style, whereas even a new mustang already looks old because of it's retro styling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs Subaru WRX STi weight