Decisions Decisions (35 or 37) ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
Hate much?

You just open your mouth and a bunch of BS comes out so i'm not going to bother arguing with you.
Great choice.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, im definitely leaning towards a 37, if i can find one and get payments within reach.

All I have nearby is a luxury car dealer that deals infiniti's, lex, rovers, etc. Outside that, it's Orlando which is an over an hour away and asks waaayyy too much for their cars for some reason.

There's an 08 manual 37s over here at Spanos with 20-30K miles on it (i think) for 28,000...
Orlando also an 08 37, around the same miles on it and the same options for 31 and change.

The only reason right now, i'd go with the 35 and is because theyre cheaper... even still, I'm looking at 22 or 23 before money down

How the **** are these younger kids driving these cars ?!? lol (unless theyre finding older models like 03's... If i went 35, it'd have to be the last year model in 07)

Old 10-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
^^^ Alot of the kids live with their parents. Amazing what you can afford when you dont pay 2500 a month for a morgage.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by MiddleFingaz
Yeah, im definitely leaning towards a 37, if i can find one and get payments within reach.

All I have nearby is a luxury car dealer that deals infiniti's, lex, rovers, etc. Outside that, it's Orlando which is an over an hour away and asks waaayyy too much for their cars for some reason.

There's an 08 manual 37s over here at Spanos with 20-30K miles on it (i think) for 28,000...
Orlando also an 08 37, around the same miles on it and the same options for 31 and change.

The only reason right now, i'd go with the 35 and is because theyre cheaper... even still, I'm looking at 22 or 23 before money down

How the **** are these younger kids driving these cars ?!? lol (unless theyre finding older models like 03's... If i went 35, it'd have to be the last year model in 07)
When I bought my G, I bought new. I was in Corpus Christi, Texas. I shopped as far north as Dallas, as far east as Houston. I ended up buying in San Antonio - over three hours north.

Don't limit your shopping area. Reach out and see what you can find - it may be well worth your while. Where are you exactly? If you're an hour from Orlando, then I'd be looking south to Miami and north to Jacksonville. The three hour drive home down I-37 from San Antonio back to Corpus was a great way to enjoy my new ride.

Also - keep in mind your proximity to the dealer. They are few and far between and that can be a PITA. In Texas, it was three hours to a dealer for me. Here in Washington, it's an easy two hours to the dealer.

Kids driving these cars are exactly what WYB said above. Still living at home - living with two or three roommates, buying older cars, and getting expensive gifts from mommy and daddy. The truth is, however they're doing it, HS parking lots are full of Gs.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Problems I had with my G35 (owned for 4 years and 70k miles)
- Seatbelts rarely would retract
- Rear axel clicked
- Moisture in headlight
- Side of driver side seat leather ripped
- Hood hinges buckled
- Paint on fender was messed up from buckled hinge
- 6 dick changer stopped working
- Driver side door speaker would cut out randomly
- Driver side seat motor failed
- Driver side window motor failed
- Sun roof leaked sometimes
- Clutch went out at 15k miles (granted I didnt know how the 1st owner drove it)
- AC high pressure line cracked
- Leather around shifter was peeling back
- Seibon hood cracked around every vent 2 months after I got it
- INGS fenders cracked around both headlights
- Paint cracked on passenger rear wheel well when rolling fenders

Problems I have had with my G37 (owned for 2 years and 30k miles)
- Driver side seat leather bubbled (new seat under warranty)

Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
When I bought my G, I bought new. I was in Corpus Christi, Texas. I shopped as far north as Dallas, as far east as Houston. I ended up buying in San Antonio - over three hours north.

Don't limit your shopping area. Reach out and see what you can find - it may be well worth your while. Where are you exactly? If you're an hour from Orlando, then I'd be looking south to Miami and north to Jacksonville. The three hour drive home down I-37 from San Antonio back to Corpus was a great way to enjoy my new ride.

Also - keep in mind your proximity to the dealer. They are few and far between and that can be a PITA. In Texas, it was three hours to a dealer for me. Here in Washington, it's an easy two hours to the dealer.

Kids driving these cars are exactly what WYB said above. Still living at home - living with two or three roommates, buying older cars, and getting expensive gifts from mommy and daddy. The truth is, however they're doing it, HS parking lots are full of Gs.
I hear ya. I'm in Daytona. Jacksonville has an Infiniti but for some reason it's small as hell. O Town has one and then Tampa. A co-worker of mine said that Tampa is the cheapest in FL and bought one from them about 5 yrs ago... so i'll have to take a look there.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I've looked at the G37 and while I'd love to have the powertrain...and perhaps the interior (unlike one of us I spend 99% of my time in the car looking outside...not at the ***** and buttons inside ) - I strongly prefer the styling of the G35. Personally I don't feel like wasting time and money bolting on a bunch of body kits to make the G37 look less "feminine" (that was a good description for what bothers me about that design that I hadn't thought of).

Another thing you might want to consider, unless you're wealthy enough to burn money, is that the G35 already has depreciated substantially, whereas the G37's haven't yet. When I bought my '04 used, I did the math and found out the previous owner "paid" 48 cents/mile in depreciation alone. Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me to be able to brag about having the latest and greatest, but I'm not huge into shows of status.

And for whomever wrote about how fast his/her EVO is, you might want to climb onto a motorcycle someday to get a little perspective. Cars are slow. Plus EVOs look like riced-out Honda Civics. Four doors? Seriously?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
If you want a car that everyone and they moma have, go with the G35...
If you want a car that turns heads and gets compliments (not to mention very few on the road), go with the G37...
Where do you live? Cause in socal i see just as many 37's as 35's, if not more

Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I also see a fair amount of G37, though rarely any modded. I do see alot of G35s, sadly though, most are very poorly modded...stock would be a blessing to some of those cars.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I have to question the manhood of any guy who thinks the stock G37 coupe looks good. It's lines are way too feminine and soft, it was definitely designed to appeal to women if you ask me. I'm waiting to see what the next gen G coupe looks like because I could never see myself buying a G37 coupe regardless of how great the motor is.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by Irrelevant
I've looked at the G37 and while I'd love to have the powertrain...and perhaps the interior (unlike one of us I spend 99% of my time in the car looking outside...not at the ***** and buttons inside ) - I strongly prefer the styling of the G35. Personally I don't feel like wasting time and money bolting on a bunch of body kits to make the G37 look less "feminine" (that was a good description for what bothers me about that design that I hadn't thought of).

Another thing you might want to consider, unless you're wealthy enough to burn money, is that the G35 already has depreciated substantially, whereas the G37's haven't yet. When I bought my '04 used, I did the math and found out the previous owner "paid" 48 cents/mile in depreciation alone. Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me to be able to brag about having the latest and greatest, but I'm not huge into shows of status.

And for whomever wrote about how fast his/her EVO is, you might want to climb onto a motorcycle someday to get a little perspective. Cars are slow. Plus EVOs look like riced-out Honda Civics. Four doors? Seriously?
If you're talking about me. Quote the post where I stated about how fast my evo is. Go ahead, look for it. That's what I thought. You douche.

Riced out honda civics? Do you have something against evo owners or what? Four doors? Seriously? Why don't you tell that to all the sedans driven on the street.

As for buying a motorcycle. My friend let me take his R6 around. It was a pain in the ***, I had to lift the cover on the helmet because where I live, its always foggy. I was wearing contacts and it was LOL because I can't rub my eyes. You don't have to tell me to hop on a motorcycle so I understand "fast". I wouldn't ride one here with all the mist/fog. Maybe if I move down to LA.

As for the OP. As you can see, theres no absolute decision being made here. I would go with what you prefer. Both cars are great in my opinion. Can't go wrong. Both look good stock, and look great modified.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by pacman27
I have to question the manhood of any guy who thinks the stock G37 coupe looks good. It's lines are way too feminine and soft, it was definitely designed to appeal to women if you ask me. I'm waiting to see what the next gen G coupe looks like because I could never see myself buying a G37 coupe regardless of how great the motor is.
Damn look at all these feminine cars. Just looking at them makes me want to go suck a big d*ck.

For the love a god.... please post a picture of your manly 6 cylinder import piece of sh*t G35 to save me. I am afraid if I go outside and look at my G37 again I may not be able to help my self and just start having crazy amounts of unprotected gay sex.
PS. Your G35 comes wiht a Tampon in the trunk. Maybe it is time you use it.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 10-06-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow. That rear shot of the red G37 is sick.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
So funny how angry g37 owners get when they're told g37 lines are feminine. Except the cars posted to show how the lines aren't feminine have thousands of dollars in exterior body mods to make them look more aggressive.

To OP: A few months ago I ****ed up my car bad and had to decide what to do, kinda like your situation. This was my chosen game plan. Keeping the cheapo g35, and wait a couple of years for a new style to come out. I feel like it is common knowledge by now that g37s will never reach the level of long term love g35s get out there. So save your money and wait for Infiniti to hit another homerun!

Oh yeah and let us know what car you end up getting, whether is a G35, 37, Civic, BMW, Hyundai, scooter, mule...

Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Mules are so 2008.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decisions Decisions (35 or 37) ?