G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
is there even off brand SC's? i thought it was just stillen vortech procharger hks. just make sure it isn't an electric supercharger off ebay lol

Old 01-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I would get a detailed summary of what they are putting in and the work they are doing. Nothing worse then them running into issues and then trying to charge you diagnostic and more install time. I learned the hard way that just because they give you a qoute w/ a shouldnt be more then that doesnt mean it wont be.

Also dont bother with the stillen. It will require cutting your hood or putting a new hood on. Its been beat to death here either the Vortech v3 or Procharger.

edit: You didnt mention tune in there price is that included?

Some superchargers come in different finish's for less or more make sure your not paying for the most expensive one and getting the least expensive package.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
What supercharger? If it's not Vortech don't do it, they are the most reliable. Have you looked into this so called tuner shops abilities, can they complete this task which means installing and doing a final tune for maximum HP? Dropping $6K+ you need these answers up front!
Gary

300 hp vortech kit with intercooller

Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ You're gonna need to be more detailed than that.

Tuner kit or full kit?
Polished or non-polished?
Which trim blower?
V1, V2, or V3?
Which pulley?

You should know all these things (and more) before you drop any money.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Yea - I know thanks you guys, I got a list... That's why I come here..

Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
^ You're gonna need to be more detailed than that.

Tuner kit or full kit?
Polished or non-polished?
Which trim blower?
V1, V2, or V3?
Which pulley?

You should know all these things (and more) before you drop any money.
We are at the beginning stages of the install. The guy is in super demand, and I'm on the calendar. When the time comes, he will sit down with me, and explain in more detail what's going to happen.

The installer has a very good rep, and since I'm not that knowledgable on these things, I tell him what I want from my car, and he recommends what he thinks is best in my budget range. I'm not as demanding as you guys, because like I said. I just like driving a fast car that looks good. The absolute best performance is not the goal because I do not track (yet). This is the first car I have ever upgraded beyond the audio, and a chip in a 95 Jetta.

I pretty much trust the installer, and the info you guys provide helps me confirm his credentials. So far, he has been on point with all that info. This is his job - and the shop (External Trendz) is liable for his work.

I always let people know that takes my money - I've work for a reputable law firm for 26 years, and I have a lot of lawyer friends.

I Love You Guys - Your sick with the knowledge here..

Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Project
I would get a detailed summary of what they are putting in and the work they are doing. Nothing worse then them running into issues and then trying to charge you diagnostic and more install time. I learned the hard way that just because they give you a qoute w/ a shouldnt be more then that doesnt mean it wont be.

Also dont bother with the stillen. It will require cutting your hood or putting a new hood on. Its been beat to death here either the Vortech v3 or Procharger.

edit: You didnt mention tune in there price is that included?

Some superchargers come in different finish's for less or more make sure your not paying for the most expensive one and getting the least expensive package.
Can you be a little more specific with the different finishes info?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
pay with credit card and then you can issue a charge back if he isn't honest with the deal. Never pay large sums in cash.
Always - thanks..

Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
Can you be a little more specific with the different finishes info?
Polished supercharger housing or satin finished supercharger housing.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=118

Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
^^^thanks

also its good to research yourself so you dont run into normal issues that could have been prevented. Just throwing a supercharger on your car with no helper mods isnt a great idea. Not to mention increased power means time to upgrade other parts that will wear and tear quicker. Then whenever you have a simple problem you will have to run back to the shop everytime.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Project
^^^thanks

also its good to research yourself so you dont run into normal issues that could have been prevented. Just throwing a supercharger on your car with no helper mods isnt a great idea. Not to mention increased power means time to upgrade other parts that will wear and tear quicker. Then whenever you have a simple problem you will have to run back to the shop everytime.
That's why I'm here - Researching. I got the exhaust and ztube in anticipation of the SC...What are these helper mods u speak of? Wouldn't the order be to get the SC, and then determine what helper mods will be needed? When I researched prior posted threads of people asking what I thought were helper mods, they got responses like: "why spend all that money on bolt-on additions that will not produce much hps - you should just save your money and go with the SC". So now I'm 2nd guessing my decisions again. I guess this is why my installer told me to stay away from these forums...

Like I said, I'm not tracking. I just like driving fast pretty cars, and I have no intentions on streeting. Enlighten me Sir - Please. Thank you.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:27 PM
BTW: If that's your car in your picture - I'm listening hard - that joint is sweet..

Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Uhmmmm if your installer tells you to stay away from one of the most well known and respected G35 forums im pretty shure he doesn't have a good rep here then. When we say helper mods were actually speaking of building your motor so with the extra power you don't blow your motor. Upgrade cams and seals and other mods thatll help reinforce the motor from the extra power your putting down.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by ilovez33
Uhmmmm if your installer tells you to stay away from one of the most well known and respected G35 forums im pretty shure he doesn't have a good rep here then. When we say helper mods were actually speaking of building your motor so with the extra power you don't blow your motor. Upgrade cams and seals and other mods thatll help reinforce the motor from the extra power your putting down.
I never told him what forum - he was speaking in forums in general - I take all suggestions, but I'm wise enough to know the final responsibility is mine. That's why this is still my favorite site... Afterall, I've known you guys (indirectly, because I usually keep my posts to a minimum) a lot longer. Take no offense that he was speaking of G35. I am well aware of of our G35 forum and will defend it until...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovez33
the installer was probably saying that because sometimes forums arent always the best place to get info. this forum is pretty good and i like it but some of them are really terrible and filled with idiots trying to tell me my flux-capasitor is burnt out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger