G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kricci11
ha ha thanks man...

I think 1100 isn't bad, but is a little high - see if you can get them to come down a little, but in the end if they can tune it well and reliably and have a good track record with our cars, it is worth the extra money. Cheapest is seldom the best...

we were all noobs at one point so no worries - i made some mistakes along the way and it ended up costing me more money than if i had done it correctly first, lesson learned, now i try to read and reread to ensure i understand...
Seems to be - their selling point is that if anything arises after the tune, there is no charge for that...

http://hillsgarage.net/

Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by jstudrawa
I am so ignorant on anything this deep mechanically, I'm not sure I could go SC without it being factory.

Kudos to all of you doing this, it's a fairly big deal on a car never meant to for it.

Let us know your issue and the solution, more info is always good.

I'm with you, that's why I waited so long to do it... I've always been foolish with my money...so what the hell...

I'm still experiencing the SES, and my installer has stop calling me... I suspect he's stumped... 7k and he's stumped...WTF..lol If I only had the skillz... I'm not mad at the guy, everything is still running smoothly except for the SES. I have been driving my Jetta, or truck until I get my schedule tune in April. When I do drive my G, I just drive normally. No intentional boosting. Even though this is interfering with my mid-life crisis fun...

From a lot of threads that I've read, the SES seems to be a normal issue that needs a more advanced tech to diagnose...I'm hoping.. The guy doing the tune is a ASE Master Tech - L1 certified master mechanic thats been working on Nissans and Infiniti since 1996. (sounds impressive anyway) His comes highly recommended, and seems to be real good people. Too bad I didn't find him sooner, or I would have gotten him to install the SC. One reviewer ships his car from PA to him for any work he needs done.. He's booked solid too. My appt is a month away.. Some of you SoCal G gurus needs to move to the DMV (DC, Maryland, VA) area, make a killing. (On me alone)

My problem is he's in Bmore about 70 miles away, and might need two days to troubleshoot the SES and do the tune. I'm looking into driving out there, and hoping there's some kind of Marc train that will bring me closer enough for my people to pick me up. I also thought about having my car towed to him, but a little shooked about letting somebody tow my car. A flat bed is a must, but don't you think it will still be scraped? My car is not lowered yet. Anybody have issues with towing?

BTW: Do you think I should press the original installer to find out what's up with the SES, it's a P0171 code. He has checked everything, and followed some instructions from Vortech, but light still comes back?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
P0171 (lean fuel injection system, Bank 1) simply means the air-fuel ratio is too lean and the ECM can no longer compensate due to larger than usual error. Air intake/exhaust leak, defective front O2 sensor, bad fuel injectors, low fuel pressure or even a dirty/faulty MAF sensor are the usual cause.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
^^^Who are you refering to as im in the mid-a section and can help you out if you need rec's.Beat me to my post as this is for the OP.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
^^^Who are you refering to as im in the mid-a section and can help you out if you need rec's.Beat me to my post as this is for the OP.
I'm So PG, Accokeek (nr. Ft Wash) close to Charles County - appt with HillsGarage

Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
is it the complete vortech kit u had installed? and what year is your car?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
I briefly ran throught the last posts.
So you are still not running properly with the "stock" bolt on kit? I would figure out the issue first before you go and spend more money on tuning and parts. This kit should run just fine on a stock car. You might have issues with your car unforseen prior to the install, fix that stuff first and get the bolt on kit running properly before spending more money on re-tuning. If so
Something seems off, be it your car or the kit.. Retuning might just mask the issue.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by andrewstclair
is it the complete vortech kit u had installed? and what year is your car?
2005 coupe - full kit..

Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by 4D05G35
I briefly ran throught the last posts.
So you are still not running properly with the "stock" bolt on kit? I would figure out the issue first before you go and spend more money on tuning and parts. This kit should run just fine on a stock car. You might have issues with your car unforseen prior to the install, fix that stuff first and get the bolt on kit running properly before spending more money on re-tuning. If so
Something seems off, be it your car or the kit.. Retuning might just mask the issue.
that is the plan - he will address the SES first, and if he has time - he will do the tune after everything else is fixed. I appreciate all your help.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Well anyone is welcome to step in and correct me but I think the 2005 is only running narrowband sensors wich means the car can only detect afr at idle and the code u gave says "lean bank 1" so that means your car is running lean at idle only on one side. The full vortech kit doesn't require any of the intake or hoses to be removed so I don't see why you would all of a sudden have an air leaks pop in all of a sudden. Its possible that it may be a bad 02 sensor or possibly a dirty MAF from something on the install. I would check all the hose clamps and then take it in to the tuner and have him check what the actual afr is on the car (I'm assuming you don't have a wideband. Great investment btw). He would be able to tell you if it is actually lean or if it is a bad sensor.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agreed with "andrewstclair", i have an 03 coupe with the V-2 blower. soon after I got the car, I had the SES light says lean bank, but it didn't tell me which bank. and correct me if I m wrong. G has more than 2 bank.. I think it has 3 banks. and I was pretty frustrated with this problem. Soon after, one day I was about to make a left turn on an intersection, and the car just stalled.. and I can't start the car for the life of it.. (checked battery voltage, vacuum hoses, alternator, fuses, starters, everything came back normal). It wasn't until I towed the car to Stever at Corner3 Garage in Mission Viejo and found out that it was the piggy back data box that came with the charger pooped out on me. since you had just installed this, most likely vortech would have to warranty with it. hope this helps a bit. I totally understands your frustrations with this. been there, done that. Now the baby can take up on 2010 M3 off the line. Gotta love that!!

Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Only 2 banks left n right or 1 n 2 but there's 2 sensors on each so 4 in total

Old 03-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by oracis2000
i agreed with "andrewstclair", i have an 03 coupe with the v-2 blower. Soon after i got the car, i had the ses light says lean bank, but it didn't tell me which bank. And correct me if i m wrong. G has more than 2 bank.. i think it has 3 banks. and i was pretty frustrated with this problem. Soon after, one day i was about to make a left turn on an intersection, and the car just stalled.. And i can't start the car for the life of it.. (checked battery voltage, vacuum hoses, alternator, fuses, starters, everything came back normal). It wasn't until i towed the car to stever at corner3 garage in mission viejo and found out that it was the piggy back data box that came with the charger pooped out on me. Since you had just installed this, most likely vortech would have to warranty with it. Hope this helps a bit. I totally understands your frustrations with this. Been there, done that. Now the baby can take up on 2010 m3 off the line. Gotta love that!!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to give an update: Like I said in prior posts, I been driving my other vehicles most of the time until I get the Master Cert Nissan/Infiniti guy to diagnose my problems.

I'm sure you guys are familiar with that airbag recall flashing light thing they had, and so about a few months ago, way before installing the SC, I took my car in because the light came on. They repaired it, and it was all good. Last week I decided to drive my G, and the flashing light came on again. I'm thinking this is the same recall problem, so I'm at the steadership, and told them to check the SES while they were at it because I knew they could have me more information that Autozone. What are the chances that the flashing airbag light this time had nothing to do with the previous recall, and to fix the airbag diagnose computer, whatever it was called, it's going to cost $1900. I'm like WTF: What are the chances you guys have a recall, and now all of a sudden my airbag sensors need to be replaced. That's total BS.. I will take my chances through the windshield.

Anyway, concerning the SES light, he said there's nothing they can do about it - he said I need to have the guy I'm taking it to for my tune will have to reconfigure the ECU to calibrate the airflow/gas etc... He said that my car was in no danger of serious damage because of the light. That was good news. I told him to reset the airbag and SES lights with the anticipation that they would eventually come back on...it's been about a week, and 500 or so miles later, and still no lights. Go Figure? I didn't want to say anything with the fear I might jinxs it - but what do you guys think? The only thing I did different was starting using the top-tier gas in my car. (93)

One more, and I'm done. I have borla exhaust system installed (what can I say, you're aware of my car knowledge) I heard that these exhaust was plagued with a lot of drone in the 2k area which I believe is true. Can somebody please explain in public school terms, what is Drone? I also notice that in 3rd gear around 3.5K, I'm feeling a virbration in the gas pedal, and surrounding area. Now, my mind plays a lot of tricks on me, (it a 70s thing), and I'm hearing all kind of sounds that aren't there. Everytime I take it to my guy, he says everything is fine.. I just like to shoot stuff through here to get you guys to comment. Thanks as always for bearing with me.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Drone is a loud bass like noise that resonates inside the car usually most noticeable when trying to cruise.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger