G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
That's why I'm here - Researching. I got the exhaust and ztube in anticipation of the SC...What are these helper mods u speak of? Wouldn't the order be to get the SC, and then determine what helper mods will be needed? When I researched prior posted threads of people asking what I thought were helper mods, they got responses like: "why spend all that money on bolt-on additions that will not produce much hps - you should just save your money and go with the SC". So now I'm 2nd guessing my decisions again. I guess this is why my installer told me to stay away from these forums...

Like I said, I'm not tracking. I just like driving fast pretty cars, and I have no intentions on streeting. Enlighten me Sir - Please. Thank you.
The exhaust will help, but I believe the Z-tube will be replaced with vortec's charge pipes.
You are correct in saying that after the install the "helper" mods can be determined to suit your taste. I believe the vortec kit to be a bolt-on kit and that all parts are included to install it safely on a stock vehicle. I myself am looking into vortec kits for my car. I have never purchased a "kit" before, but have built several turbo kits for prior owned cars from scratch.

I dont recall, but if it's not included in your SC addition, you should look into a boost gauge, Fuel pressure gauge (esp if using a FMU) and if you opt for a wideband AFR gauge (narrowband is worthless). You can add more if you like (oil pressure is important if you are tapping an oil source to feed your SC or turbo, loss if pressure can be catastrophic)

from there you can determin your "helper" mods such as headers, HFC's etc.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewstclair
the installer was probably saying that because sometimes forums arent always the best place to get info. this forum is pretty good and i like it but some of them are really terrible and filled with idiots trying to tell me my flux-capasitor is burnt out.
There are some pretty bad forums out there, luckly you found a good one here.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I suggest you read this, it will give you a much better understanding of everything.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...questions.html

Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah vortech for sure. I don't know too much about the HKS SC kit but I'm sure that one is badass, too.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last Question..

After seeing post of how many miles are on their Gs, I have started 2nd guessing myself on whether or not I should pull the trigger on my SC decision. My G has 115 K - early on in my G's life, I have had the engine replaced twice because of a suspected Oil consumption issue. Long story short, we determined it wasn't the engine.

Do you think it's too late to SC my G with 115K..?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if you had it replaced twice is the 115k whats on the engine since they replaced it or whats on the body?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
do a compression test. if you have basically perfect compression...your good to go, if not. I woudn't.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
if you had it replaced twice is the 115k whats on the engine since they replaced it or whats on the body?
The body - Not sure, but I'm thinking the last engine has anywhere between 80-90 - will call the dealer tomorrow, and find out exactly when these engines were replaced.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
the installer was probably saying that because sometimes forums arent always the best place to get info. this forum is pretty good and i like it but some of them are really terrible and filled with idiots trying to tell me my flux-capasitor is burnt out.
It's capacitor. And no, mine is not burnt out yet.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
All i meant by helper mods would be little things such as upgraded bushings, clutch or valve body upgrade. Like someone else said the ztube is a N/A mod and not useful to you if your FI. Luckily you can resell them for almost what you paid for it.

The things i would look at foremost are braking, drivetrain, and life of engine. You were saying yours has been replaced with another engine, but you have come to realize that buying a used engine has the same issues. Its not the end all, but you have to monitor you oil regulary to make sure its not consuming and you run dry.

The brakes if you have brembos should be fine. If not you can get a set of akembos for around the same price as stock brembos. It doesnt help to go fast if you cant stop. Then the clutch if your manual or valvebody if your auto. I would recommend atleast one rated to 400 trq.

Trust me bud the reason we all have said this is because we have been there before. I have a 400 hp plus motor sitting in my stang. Being young and building i didnt realize all the upgrades to handle that kind of power. It ended up that i replaced almost everything in the bay with upgraded counterparts. Theres no point to put in more power if the other parts cant keep up.

You can message a guy on here named Gzilla. Hes a 400 hp vortech setup. I know he did a bunch of upgrades. Or just find someone with a vortech and ask them what issues they ran into with install and mating to stock parts.

Hope that helps.

matt

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
It's capacitor. And no, mine is not burnt out yet.
sorry. i type fast and my spelling goes out the window.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
No where to go...

My last engine replaced was 23.3k - So I have about 92k on this engine - I was so pumped about getting my engine SC at first. Now I'm a little down because of all the variables, and with the high mileage - it doesn't seem worth it to drop 6K on an engine that might not have that much life in her.

So I'm kind of stuck - I can't do another G because I'm 3rd in line for getting a new ride behind my wife and daughter.. I didn't mind at first, because I figure instead of dropping 40k on a new car, I'd put a few $ in modding this one, but I feel like I waited too late.

I have a 3k gift certificate with about 2k in cash, and have no idea where to go... As mentioned exhaust and intake is done. Please remember, I'm not as serious as most of you, but I will put out for quality mods that are worth the $$ in getting my whip to ride and look good..

Where do I go from here?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
As stated above have a comp check and leak down test done and if all is good go for it.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Since your gona be doing all that work why dont u just pull the motor and throw in some new pistons and rings. That should solve all your OC issues.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:13 AM
SCed..

Finally got the work done, and now I'm have this feeling of total fear - my joint is so quick, I just have to think it, and it's there... Can't believe how bad-**** my G is now... One problem though - the Service Engine Soon light came on - had autozone check the cause, and it produced a 0917 error - the scan gave 4 possible causes - something about running lean, something may be leaking, air flow and a bad MAF sensor. - I got to find the ticket that AZ gave me to be more exact.. Scared to drive it now, even though my man said if it wasn't flashing, and no knocks or pings, I'll probably be fine.. He mentioned that those scans are not that accurate on ecu aftermarkets. He did mention to keep it under 120 until he checks it out.... Now that might be a problem <g> <jk>

Think it's safe to drive until Tues?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger