G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I say "rocks" and "hella" a lot and I'm 48. Congrats on your build!!

kricci's a stand up guy.
^^1+ Absolutely also Silencer, Gary C, Project G are a few other guys I've been following...too many to name them all yourself included...

Thanks bro, for standing up for us OGs..(Hey? Get it? Instead of Old Gangster..we're OG, as in Old G35ers..ok I'm sorry, I get carried away sometimes, my bad)

For real tho, I never really sweat being old, because I wasted so many years of my life. I'm just glad my HP (Higher Power) gave me a chance to live through it, and be able to re-live some of my younger years and do some of the fun things I missed out on..

Take this moment to give a Big Up to you young guys in your 19 and 20s who put in work to get your G, that's a great accomplishment...and you're destined for greatness...

As far as searching and reading, that's all I do, but the problem is this ADHD that was brought on by the 70s (shame what happened to those brain cells) I have to keep asking.

I been on this forum since 05, (when I brought my G new) and didn't post much because I had so many, what I considered dumb questions. It's getting better everyday. That's how I got this far...

I usually try to do more reading and listening than talking, but sometimes I just have to hear it in many different ways until it clicks...hope you don't mind...and if you do..I don't really give a sh*t...jk... You guys know how I feel about you..

Thanks on the Congrats BD, couldn't have done it without ya guys..

Last edited by Fadil13; 06-22-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
^ Could be your belt slipping at higher RPM's, check for black dust around the belt. Also, since it's a new belt, might need to tighten it after it has "expanded".

These are just theoretical suggestions, as I haven't installed my own kit yet, lol. But from all my research, those seem to be the typical reasons for boost loss.
Thanks Silencer, you are another respected poster that's always helpful. When it was first installed incorrectly, the guy that fix it (Frank) said the belt was loose, and I lost a lot of belt wear. There was black dust when I first went to get it tighten, and remembered what Kric said, about replacing the belt with a more heavy duty one. I then decided just to replace it. I know there's a break-in period, and it did squeak a little on startup, but it's fine now...

Kric might be right, I'm just getting use to the power.. When I get my clutch and flywheel installed in Aug, my guy will check it...

I see now why people keep trying to get more power...once you taste it...you're always looking for ways to get more. I'm buying my boy's borla cat back in July too.. Might get a few more HPs...hopefully...HPs is like crack..as soon as you feel it, you want some more..

Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by kricci11
Thanks Tim!

I agree with silencer, check for those items first, but I have a feeling that isn't the problem...

It could be that you are just getting used to the added power! I know how my car felt when I first got her back, and now she feels slow, but that's because you have grown accustomed to it... Just a thought

Do you have or can you hear any boost leaks possibly?
Dude, you're always right on point - I ask myself that all the time..

What's a boost leak sound like?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Hey old man...lol as i am too are you going to go to the meet at Franks garage on august 6th.I hope you do so i wont be the oldest guy there...lol

Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
What's a boost leak sound like?
Pretty much what you would expect an air leak to sound like - its usually pretty noticeable/obvious

Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Hey old man...lol as i am too are you going to go to the meet at Franks garage on august 6th.I hope you do so i wont be the oldest guy there...lol
That's the plan, but remember people usually think I'm about 35-40, so I might start pointing at you asking others who's the old guy...lol

Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by kricci11
Pretty much what you would expect an air leak to sound like - its usually pretty noticeable/obvious
what I would expect an air leak to sound like...hmmm air leaking out of a tire is only thing that comes to mind, must be over thinking it...lol I'm going record it...

Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Vortech synthetic lubricate

The lubricate that comes with the Vortech SC says when changing lubricate, drain, and put in 4 oz and check level. Doesn't say on the bottles but I'm assuming the lubricate that comes with the kit are 4oz bottles - true? After putting in a bottle, the dipstick indicator is bearly showing fluid as being added.

Also there are two dipstick screws - I'm assuming the reason for this is because of placement during installation, so it doesn't matter which hole the DS goes in - true?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Thanks on the Congrats BD, couldn't have done it without ya guys..
No worries enjoy the boost.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 PM
The lubricate that comes with the Vortech SC says when changing lubricate, drain, and put in 4 oz and check level. Doesn't say on the bottles but I'm assuming the lubricate that comes with the kit are 4oz bottles - true? After putting in a bottle, the dipstick indicator is bearly showing fluid as being added.

Also there are two dipstick screws - I'm assuming the reason for this is because of placement during installation, so it doesn't matter which hole the DS goes in - true?
^^Guess the Vortech guys are on vacation

Old 08-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^Guess the Vortech guys are on vacation
I think that's what the owners manual is for. Why don't you look it up? Or do what everyone else does and just put it back in the hole it came out of.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by andrewstclair
I think that's what the owners manual is for. Why don't you look it up? Or do what everyone else does and just put it back in the hole it came out of.

I'm having a hard time finding my Vortech manual, but I guess you're right, I'll look it up.. The one it came out was on the side, and difficult to get too..so we just switched them, and put it on top for convenience..just wanted to confirm that was ok..

Most times I do look it up, but sometimes I think about it while in the forum, and just look for the quick easy answer.

Guess I've gotten use to how helpful some people are and just got a little lazy. I'll figure it out.

Thanks for reminding me..

Old 08-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
I start by adding 3/4 and then checking the level, typically I add the whole bottle.

You need to screw the dipstick all the way in to get an accurate level, otherwise it will likely read low...

I also use the top location, not sure the purpose of the other screw...

Old 08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by GeezNuts
I start by adding 3/4 and then checking the level, typically I add the whole bottle.

You need to screw the dipstick all the way in to get an accurate level, otherwise it will likely read low...

I'm thinking there's different positions to install the SC where either hole can be on top. Can this Vortech fit other cars?

The dipstick was in the difficult to reach hole, and I was hoping that the holes were interchangeable.

Thanks for confirming what I thought - appreciate your helpfulness.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by GeezNuts

Ok look it up in the manual, nothing on these screws, or if the bottle of lub is 4oz..did my own measuring test, and it's a little over 4oz. We used a hole bottle, and it didn't register as overfilled. When I put the dipstick on the top hole, I get no lubricant on the dipstick. I have to put it in the awkward 2nd hole on the side with some vice pliers, and a T-30 bit. It's a painful slow process to unscrew and check lubricant - Quite a pain - something seems a little off, but for now it's good until I get with my mechanic to confirm how it should be..