G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Fadil13
They removed unichip and fuel system and replace with a in tank upgraded pump, larger fuel injectors, install uprev osirus software. Injectors are 600cc

Spoke with my guy, and they thought the calibration was nailed down preety good. Until he can look at it, keeping the acceleration pedal pressed a third of the way down when warm starting works. I'm confidence these guys can do the job.

You know you're a respected resource of mine, and your suggestions mean alot since I want my whip to look like yours. Being proactive, and still trying to reach my goal, how do you suggest I should proceed? I would like to get about 415 WHP. I'm one day going to get another car as my DD, but for now this and an old beater that I drive 2-3 days a week, or when the weather is bad is it. I don't want to go too hard especially because of the high mileage, and I'll be replacing other parts soon I'm sure. At this time, I'm only have the Vortech, and Borla exhaust which somewhere in the future, I'll switch out?
what year is your car? Is it the rev-up engine?

glad they upped your injectors and got the walbro fuel pump - and Osiris is a good tool for tuning, far superior to your original install. Good choice.

When i had the hot start issues i typically would pump the throttle and she'd start up sooner or later... it was just annoying.

I would recommend a plenum spacer, some headers and high flow cats in the future in an effort to get to 415 - however to get there and be reliable, you may need a smaller pulley and may likely have to build the block if you want it to last... i am pretty close to that number now however i have the rev-up engine which has more hp than the non rev-up... i plan to build the engine and get the 2.87 pulley and a few other goodies as well which should get me closer to my goal of 450-475 sometime next year

Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Adding test pipes and headers would increase your whp, while slightly decreasing your boost psi. Ive read that HFC's tend to clog up with FI applications. There's also running the 2.87 pulley, the 928 2.62 pulley and impeller, and T-trim blower.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How safe is the 2.87 pulley on a stock engine?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
if you want your engine to last - Not very...

Old 05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Adding test pipes and headers would increase your whp, while slightly decreasing your boost psi. Ive read that HFC's tend to clog up with FI applications. There's also running the 2.87 pulley, the 928 2.62 pulley and impeller, and T-trim blower.
very true... although test pipes are better than HFC's for power - but many places that isn't an option due to emmissions.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by kricci11
if you want your engine to last - Not very...
Thanks for the response. What about the 3.13?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
The 3.13 pulley seems to be the medium between power and safety. Most people go with that, myself included.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what year is your car? Is it the rev-up engine?
05 Yes Revup

On the way home that damn SES light came on again...This time its a P0300 and P303 random misfire and Cylinder #3 misfire - I'm going crazy... Will check and make sure no loose plug wires. When I first got the SC, they replaced the spark plugs - It's been 3 months, and I still can't get 2 days of joy...WTF.. Always one thing or another...sheesh, Tough being me..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
The 3.13 pulley seems to be the medium between power and safety. Most people go with that, myself included.
thank you!!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I too am running the 3.13 (although i think it is technically a 3.12) - 3.33 just doesn't provide the power - i can only imagine what the 2.87 feels like!!

Originally Posted by Fadil13
05 Yes Revup

On the way home that damn SES light came on again...This time its a P0300 and P303 random misfire and Cylinder #3 misfire - I'm going crazy... Will check and make sure no loose plug wires. When I first got the SC, they replaced the spark plugs - It's been 3 months, and I still can't get 2 days of joy...WTF.. Always one thing or another...sheesh, Tough being me..
welcome to FI! My SES light is on currently as well, but i know the issue and hope to get resolved soon, tomorrow actually.

Once you get everything ironed out, you'll be happy, but it does take a little while to learn all the little intracacies to the car... Also, probably a bit of a needle in a haystack for you as well seeing as the original installer kinda screwed you, so the second installer has to try and find all the mess ups of the first which is a bit like playing hide and go seek - She'll be running perfectly soon enough

Old 05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to FI! My SES light is on currently as well, but i know the issue and hope to get resolved soon, tomorrow actually.

Once you get everything ironed out, you'll be happy, but it does take a little while to learn all the little intracacies to the car... Also, probably a bit of a needle in a haystack for you as well seeing as the original installer kinda screwed you, so the second installer has to try and find all the mess ups of the first which is a bit like playing hide and go seek - She'll be running perfectly soon enough
I feel ya... Even with all the problems, I'm having , I do not regret getting FI done. The extra HPs is worth it, and I'm looking forward to modding even more. I just need to slow down a little - I want everything yesterday

I'm please with the promptness of my tuner to address the SES P300/303 issue so quickly. Rather than looking for the needle in a haystack, he swapped out the injections, and everything seems to really be in sync now. Even idling has improved. The overall performance of the car has improved immensely.

I'm even getting better gas mileage - go figure. Although that might have something to do with me changing to a higher tier gas after installing the SC, opposed to the cheaper gas. Even though it cost about $.10 more per gal, the added gas mileage, and engine cleaning additives make up for it entirely. Right now, I'm happy.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
I thought it was always worth getting premium gas if you're running any performance parts, esp boosting. High octane (93) is a must, and running with quality gas (shell or something) is important too.

I've enjoyed reading abut your build, thanks for posting. Really good to see the community giving their input as well.

Keep us posted!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by anynigma
I thought it was always worth getting premium gas if you're running any performance parts, esp boosting. High octane (93) is a must, and running with quality gas (shell or something) is important too.

I've enjoyed reading abut your build, thanks for posting. Really good to see the community giving their input as well.

Keep us posted!
FI cars should always run premium to alleviate knocking/detonation and get all the HP possible... i have never run anything but premium in my car as that is what it calls for and i want as much performance as possible out of my car. If Infiniti thought it could get by on midgrade or 87, they would've designed it to function on that gas. No one specifies premium fuel unless there is a benefit in doing so.

I have never heard to run premium if using any performance parts. FI definitely. But intake and exhaust etc - there is no benefit. Unless the car calls for premium or you are seriously modded NA or FI - you are basically wasting your money.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
^ I meant specifically for G35, our manufacturer recommends premium, and if we're running performance parts...meaning we want additional performance, we should run premium all the time. By doing so, we are complying with the manufacturer's recommendations and making sure we get the most out of our silly bolt-ons.

And specifically for FI, I've heard 93 is a MUST.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Double Post Pls Delete.

Last edited by anynigma; 05-10-2011 at 03:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger