G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I might have to decide against the G35. Sad day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DogStar
I've got a Coupe and this is complete bull****.

Lurk moar before posting crap like this there are some STUNNING sedans out there when done right. CandlestickPark is easily one of the cleanest and best looking rides on this entire site.

Sedans take a lot more work to mod successfully.

OP if you're going to come into this with a budget of 15k just be prepared to sit at stock for some time. If you don't plan to modify then save your cash and find one that looks and works for you. If you plan to mod STILL save your cash and find the right one for you. Once you buy you can't go back and have to work with what you got.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about both cars stock, the coupe looks better. Take a blunt to the face and calm down.

And I just looked at the guys sedan you were referring to. It's clean, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the best looking on the site.

Last edited by icrazy2u; 03-07-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: I have my reasons
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DogStar
I've got a Coupe and this is complete bull****.

Lurk moar before posting crap like this there are some STUNNING sedans out there when done right. CandlestickPark is easily one of the cleanest and best looking rides on this entire site.

Sedans take a lot more work to mod successfully.

OP if you're going to come into this with a budget of 15k just be prepared to sit at stock for some time. If you don't plan to modify then save your cash and find one that looks and works for you. If you plan to mod STILL save your cash and find the right one for you. Once you buy you can't go back and have to work with what you got.

I cant have my own opionion....who cares if someone doesnt like a sedan over a coup...i dont.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by icrazy2u
I'm pretty sure he was talking about both cars stock, the coupe looks better. Take a blunt to the face and calm down.

And I just looked at the guys sedan you were referring to. It's clean, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the best looking on the site.
He said it was one of the best looking ones.... and I agree.
There are tons of people who like sedans over coupes and vice versa.
Doesn't matter, its your car and you pick what you want, we just all love G's.
@OP: if 12-15k is your range, your best bet is finding a
high mileage (100K) 03-04 and still have money left over for mods. GL

Old 03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by RiversideS13
I had a 97 prelude and it was awesome, i really missed it. i took it to track and it hangs with nicer cars very well and impressed many people.

i would say stay with cheaper car if you plan going to college so you don't feel that stress about money.
Canadian army will pay for your university/college so thats why I was looking into the G, right now I'm not doing school and working everyday and going back next year, so how I see it it's my only year to save up, I got no bills (cept phone)

Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
+1 Sedans look great when they're done right... But if you want a coupe, get a coupe. I'm personally a coupe kind of person and even if I have 3 kids one day I'll still have my own coupe to drive.

I saw the G35 first year it came out and told myself I was going to have one someday. Bought mine two years ago as a college student and I have loved every single day I've owned it. Trust me, if you don't get the car you want, you're always going to be looking back thinking "dang it.. I should have waited longer." It is worth every penny and more of the $23k I spent. I only hate it sometimes because I'm always broke and I keep spending money on it......... =D

Old 03-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you decide to get a prelude. Stay away from the 97-01 automatics. A lot of problems with the transmission. Cost about a grand for rebuilt.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
This thread cracks me up!!!!

$15k for first car!?!

I won't even get up out of my rocking chair to talk about the old days.

Good luck in your hunt, son.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I just wish I could just go over to the states and buy it, there are more cars to choose from and they're alot cheaper in seattle.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Slim Shady
I just wish I could just go over to the states and buy it, there are more cars to choose from and they're alot cheaper in seattle.
Do it. My friend drove 2,700 miles across the country from Nevada to New Jersey to buy the perfect STI he was looking for.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Make sure you look into insuance first before you get anything. Sometimes it can be as expemsive as the car payment. Good luck bud!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by agedog2gt
Make sure you look into insuance first before you get anything. Sometimes it can be as expemsive as the car payment. Good luck bud!
I was surprised when I looked at what insurance would be for me. It was lower then what I would pay for a TL. And I have two tickets lol.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 AM
How much?

Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
yea I got quotes, in B.C we only have 1 insurance you can get and it's ICBC, it doesn't take in info like age and stuff it just has one set price for each car/trim then you have a discount for however you drive, for having your license for a full year I have a 5% and it'll be $193 per month.

I wanna get it from the U.S but I heard you have to be 19 to sign papers to bring it over

If i was able to get a car from seattle like this car right here I wouldn't mind as a sedan. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2249451040.html it's an auto but I don't think it's that bad, or I could get this car and just mod it http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2249229766.html

In my area tho there are these 3 that stand out, http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...247748029.html is the lowest KM's and also the cheapest, wouldn't be bad, http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...245084087.html best year and color I think but ALOT of KM for a 2005! http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...236029155.html and this is just inbetween, an american import. This has been up for sale for months tho.

Last edited by Slim Shady; 03-07-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Not to bad for insurance.

Both of those rides are nice. Just take your time man, don't decide on one car to fast. Patience is key, you will find something you will like, and can afford soon. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 AM
a G35 isn't too much to pay for, even thought sometimes i think about how i coulda got all the new gaming systems, or taking girls out, or new shoes and stuff...
but when i look at my car every morning, im happy :]
a few hundred dollars a month isn't too much to stress about
im in high school and i manage to do it without my parents
g35 have really became affortable, but think about gas. seriously. LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I might have to decide against the G35. Sad day