G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A deer takes my G out of commission!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck

Having lived in a wooded area of Indiana for a few years, I can tell you one thing, though: There's always another deer. If you see one deer, just stop. Creep along slowly until you're clear of the area. Often a doe will jump out, followed by her fawns... that's the worst, because the kiddies get creamed.

G

Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Neffster, sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you are okay. I know we dont stay too far from each other and I have a stock hood, bumper and grill sitting in my garage, it just all has to be painted and that is it. Let me know if you are interested, I'll sell them dirt cheap just to get it all out of the way. you can shoot me a pm, I'm tonio on G35frenzy since I cant seem to log in on this site.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn, the body shop ordered all of the parts last night. Tony you're 1 day too late but thanks for the offer none the less. If you're really that close, how come you've never come to any of the CFL meets?

Oh well, at least I'll have 100% new OEM parts for my c-bra to lay perfectly over...

Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
I can’t believe it. Not to be outdone by Kevin Pierson…
Man, I can't do ANYTHING with out someone trying to out do me. Tomorrow I'm jumping off of a bridge.

That sucks about the car. Look on the bright side - at least YOU don't have to have the entire passenger side of your G ripped off and replaced. I so wish my damage would have been the front fender instead of the rear quarter panel.

I'll save a few bows to wrap around the headers! As much as I love them I am so axious to get them off the car and to Fl!

Take care and good luck with the repairs,

Old 12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Neff, sorry to hear about what happened. I'd be running around screaming in agony for hours if that happened to me. Wild animals can be so stupid when it comes to obeying traffic laws. Good thing both of you made it out ok and seems like the coupe survived with mostly skin damage. Alittle bid of TLC and you should be back on the road soon with body kits and all.

btw: If you decide to toss the broken headlights..... can I buy them from you? I am still trying to figure out how to do the whole LED clearance stripe project.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey, Neff. I passed by all fleet to get a price estimate quote on repainting my front bumper ($230 not bad). It kinda surprised me how they were putting on bodykits on so many 350z's in the shop (probably for hot import nights). I saw your dusty car there at the side. It didn't look that bad until I walked over to the left front side. Rudolph definately did a little number on ya. Here's to hoping you get your car back soon, all fixed and repaired.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin, it's 6:35am EST on Thursday... GERONIMO!!!!!

Suk, I'll call the body shop today and tell them to keep the front left head light assembly (The right one is DEMOLISHED). Maybe we could go offline (PM me). I should have photos of the damage back tonight or tomorrow and I could send you the photos so you could see what (if anything) these items might be worth. Don't worry, I'm not looking for much money... however you might have to scrape out a little deer hair from the head lamps.

Also, does anyone have a good suggestion on new PIAA type bulbs for the front fog lights? I think that it might be a good idea to swap out the bulbs BEFORE the new headlight assemblies are installed into my G.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha Neff I was just kidding. I can't believe you actually jumped. But, seeing as you did I guess now I'm going to have to go find a higher bridge for me to jump off of....