G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help with Isimple :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Isimple :(

Hey guys,

Being new g35 owner I decided to buy a Isimple from Best Buy and had them install it. Only problem is I was suppose to beable to control it from the stock head unit, but I am not sure if that is possible or could just be a idiot :0. You can flame me all you want, but I was hoping for some advice. Some people said I might need to just invest in a aftermarked head unit which I am ok with but just not now :0. The guy at Best Buy set me up with a Aux port that works fine but kinda a pain in the *** to fiddle with while I am driving and can't charge my Ipod while I drive . I would of have gone back to Best Buy and ask them, but I have just been to busy with work to make it over there. Any input will help .

Thanks,
Josh

Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
You can only control it if you are using the ipod cable. If you are using the AUX jack and plugging it in via the headphone jack on your ipod, you can't control it.

Which model of the iSimple did you get, and what year is your G? Bose?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by TannerG
You can only control it if you are using the ipod cable. If you are using the AUX jack and plugging it in via the headphone jack on your ipod, you can't control it.

Which model of the iSimple did you get, and what year is your G? Bose?
06 coupe with bose and i would have to go look at the model i got. I got the one that connects directly too the system instead of the FM transmitter. Sucks that i had to do that but that's what i get for not doing my research . I might go over to Best Buy later today and see if I can get them to fiddle with it since they put it in a horrible spot in the first place.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
There are some dip switches on the isimple box that you have to flip I'm not sure if it affects how it controls your ipod, or just how it displays the song info on the radio.
I assume it's the isimple that connects inline with your sat.
Are you using the actual ipod cable? I know I can use mine and still charge my device, but I'm using an iphone.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I have a iphone too but when i connect it too the sync cable it locks my phone. So i have that cable in or the Aux cable, but wont let me have both in heh. I guess I need to just go to Best Buy and get this shiz working properly or give a quick tutorial. Thank you for your help.