G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Edmunds review of Genesis vs. G37

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011 | 03:29 PM
|
Edmunds review of Genesis vs. G37

As a g35 driver, and not a g37 (which is why im posting it here) i read this article and at first assumed the genesis would pale in comparison, but i was quite surprised. read the entire article if interested:

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/ge...g37-coupe.html

The thing I'm personally taking away from this, is that 1. i agree the styling of the g37 is not as good as it should be (personally think g35 looks better) and 2. i'm hoping infiniti takes notice and decides to step up their game, since the innovative car of 2003 the g35 hasn't really made any leaps or bounds since then.

I say kudos to hyundai for making a great car for a great price and giving infiniti some fair competition for once.

Old 10-04-2011 | 04:09 PM
You read good reviews, and talk to people who like their hyundais...but no matter what, in my eyes, it's still a hyundai. And I don't really want to say I own a "hyundai." I give them props for trying to take that leap into a more respectable car....but I still remeber the days when they were the cheapest of the cheap throw-away cars, like Kia. They can offer whatever warranty, and put in all the bells and whistles, but they're still far from a true high-end car. I'd personally rather take a lesser performing Infiniti or even Nissan than any Hyundai.

Old 10-04-2011 | 04:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by Jhambor
You read good reviews, and talk to people who like their hyundais...but no matter what, in my eyes, it's still a hyundai. And I don't really want to say I own a "hyundai." I give them props for trying to take that leap into a more respectable car....but I still remeber the days when they were the cheapest of the cheap throw-away cars, like Kia. They can offer whatever warranty, and put in all the bells and whistles, but they're still far from a true high-end car. I'd personally rather take a lesser performing Infiniti or even Nissan than any Hyundai.
trust me i still dont like hyundai as a brand, but seeing them taking steps to improve that reputation, similar to how the american car companies have been recently is good in my eyes. i'd like to see infiniti's answer in a few years.

Old 10-04-2011 | 05:18 PM
+1 couldnt of said it better myself

Old 10-04-2011 | 06:55 PM
+2 ....

Old 10-04-2011 | 09:52 PM
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I think you should be a bit more open minded and remember that change can happen. I won't say that you are wrong in what you say about the history of Hyundai, but a company that had meager and rough beginnings like Hyundai knows exactly what bottom of the barrel cars are like. With that said, they know what kinds of pitfalls to avoid and how to make a better product. And while Hyundai has failed to persuade you of their ascension into a reputable and reliable auto manufacturer, they certainly have been proving their points to other buyers... http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/03/s...ssion-edition/
The link doesn't show that Hyundai is king, just that their numbers for sales are about middle of the pack. Also shows that heavy hitters like Honda, Toyota, Lexus, and Acura are not exactly doing so hot currently.

Old 10-04-2011 | 09:53 PM
Infiniti needs to be careful. Hyundai is trying to do to infiniti, what Infiniti did to BMW back in 2003 when the g35 first came out. The g35 blew the 3 series out of the water when it first came out with the exception of the m3. Lot of the initial g35 sales were yes japanese brand loyalists, but also people who wanted bmw performance but didn't want to pay $40k for it.

The genesis doesn't quit perform as well as a g37 but its also a lot cheaper, so its going appeal to those who wants a car similar to a g37 but doesn't want to pay $40k.

For hyundai its a good brand building car. Infiniti just needs to make sure they still offer value as well as performance like they did when the g35 first came out.

Old 10-05-2011 | 03:41 AM
kudos to Hyundai... they stepped up and started making good better cars... i personally like the Genesis but I still wouldn't buy one. It's good to see that there is competition for Infiniti because that makes them build better cars... i mean thats how all cars get better over time, by trying to be better than the competition right? hell, thats what we as humans do on daily basis...atleast most of us...

Old 10-05-2011 | 05:13 AM
Just to add how stupid is the eqqus or whatever its called sooo expensive and the collest thing avout it is the fridge in the console lol cars crap they want like 700/ month lol

Old 10-05-2011 | 01:21 PM
I actually saw a Equas, damn I can't even spell that word. It looks pretty good, pretty similiar to a Lexus LS460. I guess they copy the Lexus. But for 60K large, there are many other cars I would go with.

Old 10-05-2011 | 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by sprix
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but I think you should be a bit more open minded and remember that change can happen. I won't say that you are wrong in what you say about the history of Hyundai, but a company that had meager and rough beginnings like Hyundai knows exactly what bottom of the barrel cars are like. With that said, they know what kinds of pitfalls to avoid and how to make a better product. And while Hyundai has failed to persuade you of their ascension into a reputable and reliable auto manufacturer, they certainly have been proving their points to other buyers... http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/03/s...ssion-edition/
The link doesn't show that Hyundai is king, just that their numbers for sales are about middle of the pack. Also shows that heavy hitters like Honda, Toyota, Lexus, and Acura are not exactly doing so hot currently.
Yeah, I still don't want to say I drive a hyundai. I've yet to hear someone say "Ah sweet man! You have a hyundai?!" lol

Old 10-05-2011 | 08:55 PM
I definitely have more respect for Hyundai now. They seem to be making some fairly good looking cars with decent quality.

However. For whatever stupid reason, I'd feel kind of embarrassed to own one. Like I would have to be on the defensive every time someone looks at my car or asks me about it. Or that I would constantly have to convince myself that it's a good car.

I think car enthusiasts generally stick up for their make of car, but can respect other brands they think are decent. But I believe that a lot of the enthusiasts, for whatever make (Honda, BMW, Acura, Lexus, etc..), still look at the car and say "Oh.. it's a Hyundai... " "bah.." .

Old 10-05-2011 | 09:21 PM
Banned
Brand *****.

G35 has over 400 TSB. Genesis has about 20.

Infiniti has nothing to offer at the moment. The G35 was the car that gave Infiniti a boost in it's image and sale.

Hyundai too will slowly build their brand. But unlike Infiniti, Hyundai is moving forward whereas Infiniti is stuck at a stalemate.

Old 10-05-2011 | 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Brand *****.

G35 has over 400 TSB. Genesis has about 20.

Infiniti has nothing to offer at the moment. The G35 was the car that gave Infiniti a boost in it's image and sale.

Hyundai too will slowly build their brand. But unlike Infiniti, Hyundai is moving forward whereas Infiniti is stuck at a stalemate.

I have no problem admitting I'll purchase a car on brand name. It's like buying Nikes, you could probably get shoes at WalMart with just as good of quality/looks....but I still don't want to wear a pair of Spaldings. lol If you don't like Infinitis...you're in the wrong place bub.

The following users liked this post:
mistuhlayzee (10-05-2011)
Old 10-06-2011 | 04:16 AM
Yeah, I still don't want to say I drive a hyundai. I've yet to hear someone say "Ah sweet man! You have a hyundai?!" lol
the genesis will probably became its own mini sub brand. Just like how evo drivers, tell people i drive a evo not a mitsubishi.

Just like how you would go..."Ah sweet man! You have a Evo?!?"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Edmunds review of Genesis vs. G37