G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

n00b help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
n00b help

ok before everyone tells me all of my questions have been answered i have done a lot of research the last 3 weeks on everything i ever thought about on my g! i just bought it 3 days ago and it's completely stock and i have a few questions i need answered please!

1. would the best way to go be a z tube and a rev up air box? or should i get a short ram? is heat soak really an issue because if not i think i would definitely go with a ram

2. i have a 5MT and i read that plenum spacers are only worthwhile on 6MTs so what should i do? and if i should get a spacer should i get a skunk2 or what?

3. i also know there's a whole exhaust thread but i want to know your guys' personal opinion on what exhaust you prefer and which one has the best bang for your buck

so i hope i don't come off as a complete douche because there was like a thread exactly like this before haha and thank you for all your guys' help

Old 11-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
1: ztube, stillen box or rev up box, jwt filter in the stillen or K&N in the rev up
2: You can get one it will made ur car a tad louder, i dnt have one so idk which one.
3:you have a coupe so idk but can't go wrong with an HKS
Please search, saying i'm a noob doesnt mean you don't have to search all of your questions have been answered.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by PaxtonSaxton
ok before everyone tells me all of my questions have been answered i have done a lot of research the last 3 weeks on everything i ever thought about on my g! i just bought it 3 days ago and it's completely stock and i have a few questions i need answered please. I hope i don't come off as a complete douche because there was like a thread exactly like this before haha and thank you for all your guys' help
Welcome to DRIVER and Congratulations on getting your G35 coupe!
The Z-Tube and rev up air box is great and will work, the short ram or any intake made of metal will cost you enough HP when it gets warm that VWs will blow past you. Not sure what you read but MotorDynes 5/16" spacer is the best bang for your $$ and I recommend getting it after your intake. MotorDyne makes the best exhaust system for your coupe! The quality, sound and hp results are worth the cost over all others. You may also consider HFCs (high flow cats) since that's where most of the restriction is in your system. Using our SEARCH you could have read everything I posted, you just need to use the correct words....intake..spacer and exhaust. Good Luck & Enjoy!
Gary

Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
thanks guys you really helped me out! but one last question! will the plenum spacer or anything throw any codes or would i need a reflash after putting it on?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
ok before everyone tells me all of my questions have been answered i have done a lot of research the last 3 weeks on everything i ever thought about on my g! i just bought it 3 days ago and it's completely stock and i have a few questions i need answered please!

1. would the best way to go be a z tube and a rev up air box? or should i get a short ram? is heat soak really an issue because if not i think i would definitely go with a ram

2. i have a 5MT and i read that plenum spacers are only worthwhile on 6MTs so what should i do? and if i should get a spacer should i get a skunk2 or what?

3. i also know there's a whole exhaust thread but i want to know your guys' personal opinion on what exhaust you prefer and which one has the best bang for your buck

so i hope i don't come off as a complete douche because there was like a thread exactly like this before haha and thank you for all your guys' help
5MT

I enjoy my ARK Performance Grip V2 exhaust system. It is loud but I haven't gotten any complaints at all. Only my sister said it was loud inside the cabin (which it is, but it's not a big deal at all). It's 100% gorgeous too. As far as performance goes, I can't say. No dyno's plus I installed it with a Plenum spacer on my 5AT.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
haha whoops i meant 5AT i hope you guys got what i meant!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

1. Ram air intakes do nothing for our cars, if anything they actually decrease power. Z-tube and a drop in K&N is best bang for you buck

2. Plenum spacer works great on both ATs and MTs. MREV2 (lower plenum) is what you don't really need if you have an AT.

3. Best bang for your buck exhaust-wise is going to be test pipes or HFCs. An actual exhaust system isnt going to do a whole lot but change your sound. For an exhaust system, I'd base your decision on which one you think sounds the best.