G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HFC Vs Testpipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by wussupb0o
Sorry to thread jack but what HFC would any of you recommend for a fast intentions exhaust?
I paired a set of AAM Competition HFC with my FI exhaust. 200 cell vs 300 cell in the FI, and a few people had some quality issues with FI while I was looking (bad weld, loose cat material).

Old 06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Never heard of issues,like that before. Links?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
I have the kinetix hfc's. No complaints. They didn't throw my cel. They are definitely louder than stock, especially combined with my aftermarket exhaust. Test pipes are by far the cheaper route, and as said, probably the better option for an all out race car. Not really necessary on a non-turbo daily driver though. The art pipes look and sound great, but damn, they're expensive for a resonated test pipe....and I don't buy it that they produce anymore power than a straight through pipe...just probably sound better.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should i paired my exhaust with ARt pipes or FI HFC its a HKS replica with Magnaflow Xpipe right now im running it with Megan Resonated TPS but the inside cabin drone is driving me crazy. So what u guys think would be better and how much FI HFC run new?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
From what a member on here told me, he had Art pipes and FI HFC. Obviously test pipes are going to be the loudest of the three no matter which brand you go with. But what caught my attention was that he said Art Pipes were more quieter than the FI HFCs. So really its up to you, do you want a drastic reduction or moderate.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:48 AM
And this HFC vs Testpipes thing is a matter of what your going for. There are way to many variables to look at when you choose one.

Are you going to for

HP?
Sound?

Do you have Smog tests you need to pass?

What kind of exhaust do you have?

Is it a quiet exhaust?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by ME DUSA
Never heard of issues,like that before. Links?
I went to buy a used set off craigslist, the guy selling said they were repaired by FI b/c of a cracked weld from the CAT to the piping. I didn't buy them because the cat material was loose and sliding around and I was worried about vibration noise.

Here is another person who replaced her's because of a similar issue: https://g35driver.com/forums/nationa...-me-crazy.html

Two locals with issues was enough to scare me away, even though I love my FI exhaust.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
if you're looking for something cheap go with test pipes. both may or may not throw a check engine light but test pipes are usually a lot cheaper. will probably sound raspy on stock catback though

Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
figure out which have the cel fix and which dont
Is a couple bucks of parts from the hardware store to make a non-fouler too expensive or too much of a hassle?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 PM
If you really want to lose the cats to make power - ppeengineering long tube headers

These will make more power and be more responsive than test pipes. Otherwise, IMO, keep the stock cats or get HFCs. For an na motor, while it can make a few horses up top (where you don't really need it in this car), one of the worst things you can do to hinder the responsiveness is to completely open the exhaust.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Is a couple bucks of parts from the hardware store to make a non-fouler too expensive or too much of a hassle?

lmfao at commenting on a post from february...ask the manufacturers that question....i dont even know what u are really asking me from ur post..or if it even makes sense...i am not the op here...

ive ran berks which have the nonfoulers built in..why waste time when u can buy them that way

Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
lmfao at commenting on a post from february...ask the manufacturers that question....i dont even know what u are really asking me from ur post..or if it even makes sense...i am not the op here...

ive ran berks which have the nonfoulers built in..why waste time when u can buy them that way
You prove my point right there. In case you haven't realized it yet, Berks suck. Why limit your options opting not to consider products that actually do the job better because of something as small as not having a built-in a non-fouler, something that takes maybe $5 of parts from a hardware store, and not even a minute to put together? Only inept people think like that.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
You prove my point right there. In case you haven't realized it yet, Berks suck. Why limit your options opting not to consider products that actually do the job better because of something as small as not having a built-in a non-fouler, something that takes maybe $5 of parts from a hardware store, and not even a minute to put together? Only inept people think like that.
i think u are highly underestimating who u are talking to..ive been around a minute and built many cars, if u really think i cant put a non fouler on or something along those lines then idk what to say and have no interest in commenting on anything u have to say nor does it matter, i did not buy my berks because of the non foulers but some may and theres no problem with that....check my350z if ur really concerned im there also before being here..i guess u know best though ...my berks seemed to do fine ..my aps test pipes seemed to do fine..my berk high flow cats failed after time..my invidia high flow cats seemed to do fine..ive been around the block..i will say i made the most power and ran the best times with my berk test pipes over any others tested. have fun playing with non foulers

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
"figure out which have the cel fix and which dont and if u care about that"

this is what i said..does that anywhere say that i think people should buy the berks because they have non foulers..ah no..does that say i limited myself to them because of the non foulers..ah no..it says exactly what it says..if thats something that matters to u and u want the easiest solution buy the ones with non foulers..if u dont care dont, if u wanna build the non foulers on go for it..who the **** cares and after this amount of time i would hope op already made a decision and nobody cares what u have to say at this point..thanks bye

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
i haz crawford hfc's and they are the ****...woudln't trade them for anything but art pipes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HFC Vs Testpipes