G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP! problem with dealer's loaner car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP! problem with dealer's loaner car

I made appointment for oil change plus few other at Infiniti Armore, PA on November. Requested loaner car but when I got there didn't have any, so they gave me Enterprise rent a car. That night I dropped off the rent a car & picked up my car and went home.

Now, few days ago Enterprise claim dept. called me to give me estimate on the damage to the rent a car. I told them the rent a car didn't have any damage. So they sent me a picture, big dent on front bumper. When I asked how come you waited so long to contact me, their reply was local branch did left me a message on my cell phone, which I never got. I'm type of person doesn't go any where without my cell.

I told Enterprise, as far as I can remember there wasn't scratch on it when I return it back to Infiniti service parking lot. It was only 8 hr rent, went to work, parked on private parking lot, and came back to pick up my car.

My problem is that since Infiniti paid for the rent a car, my credit card would not cover the rent a car insurance, since it's 3rd party payment. I called Enterprise and they said they can do anything else to resolve this. I'm still waiting for Infiniti manager to call me but he still didn't call yet. I'm soo lost to what to do next.

What can I do next? anyone got suggestion? Thanks in advance

P.S. I know for sure next time I rent a car... I'm sooooooo getting rent a car's own damage insurance plan. And return it after I drive it off the cliff.

Last edited by doorbell7942; 01-05-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by doorbell7942
I made appointment for oil change plus few other at Infiniti Armore, PA on November. Requested loaner car but when I got there didn't have any, so they gave me Enterprise rent a car. That night I dropped off the rent a car & picked up my car and went home.

Now, few days ago Enterprise claim dept. called me to give me estimate on the damage to the rent a car. I told them the rent a car didn't have any damage. So they sent me a picture, big dent on front bumper. When I asked how come you waited so long to contact me, their reply was local branch did left me a message on my cell phone, which I never got. I'm type of person doesn't go any where without my cell.

I told Enterprise, as far as I can remember there wasn't scratch on it when I return it back to Infiniti service parking lot. It was only 8 hr rent, went to work, parked on private parking lot, and came back to pick up my car.

My problem is that since Infiniti paid for the rent a car, my credit card would not cover the rent a car insurance, since it's 3rd party payment. I called Enterprise and they said they can do anything else to resolve this. I'm still waiting for Infiniti manager to call me but he still didn't call yet. I'm soo lost to what to do next.

What can I do next? anyone got suggestion? Thanks in advance

P.S. I know for sure next time I rent a car... I'm sooooooo getting rent a car's own damage insurance plan. And return it after I drive it off the cliff.
DENY DENY DENY!!!!!!! you did NOT do this so there is no reason for you to admit guilt.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Premier Member

I would absolutley play Holy Hell with the Infiniti Dealership manager. Get him on the phone & explain too him, that the damamge was done sometime after you left the car & the car was returned to the rental place. IT"S THEIR responsibility, not yours.

Also, remind him.her that you took the rental car in good faith & the Dealership's insurance will be the one covering any repairs , not yours.

once you've resolved that issue, get renta-a -crap on the phone and tell them how you feel about their poor customer service. More importantly, never take out a rental car's insurance premium, it's not worth a ****...

Old 01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
don't pay for it. calling you once within 2 months smells like BS to me.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, deny it. Ask them how long did they wait until they performed the inspection. They probably drove it to their lot and then another car backed into it.

If they can't tell you how long they waited to do the inspection, turn it back on them and say that you can't be responsible.

It is a big hassle to rent from an outside agency. I re-scheduled w/ my Infiniti dealer so I could use their loaner....a nice G35 sedan, not a crappy *** Chevy Malibu.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
It's Infiniti of Ardmore's risk of loss as they are the rentor in the contract apparantly. They should come after you after the rental agency comes after them. Speak to Enterprise's in-house counsel and make sure this is not a scam. It probably isn't as they are just trying to recover what Infiniti may be unaware of and denying to pay for. The only one you would ever pay back is Infiniti and they would have to prove it before they came after you or they lost my business!

Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Deny liability and explain that it was as you picked it up when you dropped it off.
Leave it with the dealership to handle it.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
I would absolutley play Holy Hell with the Infiniti Dealership manager. Get him on the phone & explain too him, that the damamge was done sometime after you left the car & the car was returned to the rental place. IT"S THEIR responsibility, not yours.

Also, remind him.her that you took the rental car in good faith & the Dealership's insurance will be the one covering any repairs , not yours.

once you've resolved that issue, get renta-a -crap on the phone and tell them how you feel about their poor customer service. More importantly, never take out a rental car's insurance premium, it's not worth a ****...

I agree with the Blokester.

Check with your insurance agent to see if your policy will cover it "just in case"

Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
When you dropped the rental off at the dealership did your service advisor see the car? IMO it's their job to inspect the car when you return it therefore it's their responsibility not yours. You can't be liable for what happens to it after you drop it off.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just stay strong and yell at them for harrassing you and for wasting your time
if they call back. No need to take any crap.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Z2G
i'm sure if you speak to any lawyer, they will tell you that it's unlikely the rental place will be able to collect. of course, what matters most is any documentation the rental place must have when they took in your car. ordinarily, they must inspect the car within a reasonable time frame after you dropped it off and document any damages. if that was done immediately and it took 2 months to find you, then you're out of luck. however, if they just recently inspected the car (which is highly improbable), they are out of luck since anything could have happened in the two months after you dropped the car off. i'm sure the statute of limitations is at least 2 yrs so the fact that it took them 2 months to notify you does not dismiss their claim. did you sign anything or did the attendents come out to inspect the car when you turned it in?

either way, have them send you or fax you any pertinent documents concerning the damage, like the inspection form and note the date.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Premier Member

YOU HAVE ZERO LIABILITY IN THIS!!!!

The dealership rented the car, not you. They are liable, not you. I don't give a flying F*uck what rent-a -**** says, they obvioulsy had zero luck with the dealer & so know they're trying too force it upon you.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Z2G
OH!!!! i just reread the post. bloke is right.....infiniti rented the car. now, enterprise is going after you since it had no luck with the dealer. i don't understand it either way....why don't they just let their insurance take care of it?

Old 01-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
YOU HAVE ZERO LIABILITY IN THIS!!!!

The dealership rented the car, not you. They are liable, not you. I don't give a flying F*uck what rent-a -**** says, they obvioulsy had zero luck with the dealer & so know they're trying too force it upon you.
britishbloke is exactly right, you have zero liability, the dealer has to check the car when you drop it off, after that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT, refuse to pay and if rent-a-crap gives you a $#!t, then send them to hell and tell your dealer you will never do business with them ever again. You have to be tough, cause they'll try to intimidate you, but what ever you do, do not admit to anything.
good luck

Old 01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
screw enterprise man. As long as u didnt do anything ur fine. U didnt dent the car. Its either the dealerships liability or enterprises not urs. Plus the one call in 2 months seems kind of bogus