G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tanabe df210's vs. Eibach Sportline Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Tanabe df210's vs. Eibach Sportline Springs

Alright guys I need some help... Im ready to order my lowering springs and i dont know which ones to get. I want to get the LOWEST DROP out of the springs i can get...Ive researched this and ive came up with the tanabes and eibachs...
Can any of you please give me some input on what goes lower??
If you are riding on these springs PLEASE post a picture... I have searched pictures everywhere but seeing someones actual vehicle besides a random google picture would be awesome!

also, please dont tell me im going to blow my stock shocks...ive had numerous sets of springs on factory shocks and never had an issue...i will be buying coilovers with income tax anyways LOL
Thanks in advance!!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
With these two springs, you will blow them out a lot sooner than they are rated to last. I blew mine out on 350z Tein s-techs. But if you aren't planning on running them for a long time, you should be good. How many miles are you currently at?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Footballmania32
With these two springs, you will blow them out a lot sooner than they are rated to last. I blew mine out on 350z Tein s-techs. But if you aren't planning on running them for a long time, you should be good. How many miles are you currently at?
50k miles currently... on my z i had the tanabe nf210's for like 2 years and never had one issue with ride quality at all... my rsx-s i just sold had factory shocks with skunk2 sleeves maxed out and also had no issues, besides a shitty ride lol... but yeah i dont plan on keeping them along time..4-5 months max...

Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
if your going to get coil overs than don't even waste you time with springs.
I had df210 and after f/r alignment my car was no longer tucking tire.

Name:  86182ba6.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  104.4 KB

not even tucking tire lol

Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by datbeans
if your going to get coil overs than don't even waste you time with springs.
I had df210 and after f/r alignment my car was no longer tucking tire.

not even tucking tire lol
I really just want a temporary drop until then. The cars stance is pretty nice for just springs. What size wheels are those? And did you need a camber kit to align it?

Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 AM
With the drop you're wanting, you're going to NEED a camber kit. On Z s-techs, I straight shredded through a front pair of Hankook Evo V12s. My rear tires held out just fine because I thought I could get by with just a rear camber kit. Learn from my expensive lesson, get both front and rear kits!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 AM
With the drop you're wanting, you're going to NEED a camber kit. On Z s-techs, I straight shredded through a front pair of Hankook Evo V12s. My rear tires held out just fine because I thought I could get by with just a rear camber kit. Learn from my expensive lesson, get both front and rear kits!
I'll be getting the camber kit forsure, I def don't wanna be chewing tires, especially cause these tires are brand new. Thanks for the input

Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
On GF210's. Get an alignment ASAP. 400 miles and my front tires have a lot of inner tire wear, pretty noticeable and im on harder tires.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by ss284
On GF210's. Get an alignment ASAP. 400 miles and my front tires have a lot of inner tire wear, pretty noticeable and im on harder tires.
for sure, im debating between the df210's and tein-s techs now... just hoping ill be able to align without a camber kit

Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by larz_g35
I'll be getting the camber kit forsure, I def don't wanna be chewing tires, especially cause these tires are brand new. Thanks for the input
Good idea. If your toe is off even by a little bit you'll see crazy wear on your tires. Having that sorted out just in itself will help preserve the life of your tires.

An alignment is key!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by larz_g35
I really just want a temporary drop until then. The cars stance is pretty nice for just springs. What size wheels are those? And did you need a camber kit to align it?
yes sir front spc camber kit and cheapo rear ichiba camber kit with toe bolts....

front camber wear was terrible even with the toe in spec...

Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Pay a little more and opt for the SPC rear kit instead of the ichiba. One of our members almost drove off a mountain road because his ichiba rear camber arms snapped mid corner. That's reason enough for me to never use anything other than their spacers.

OP, try to find a shop that offers a lifetime alignment. With coils, as you adjust your ride height, it will be very cost effective to have a lifetime alignment. While you're working on suspension, go ahead and inspect your lower control arm bushings. If torn, these will need to be replaced before you can get your car aligned 100%. This is a really common problem on our cars. If youre lucky enough to.not have torn LCA bushings, keep a close eye on them because they have a very very short lifespan on a lowered car. Keep us posted on your suspension progress! I'll snap.a pic of my Z S-techs tomorrow.

Edit: I noticed you're in Houston. What part? Goto Sal's auto sports for a lifetime alignment. Those guys are amazing and do a ton of work for the G/Z community. They are located right before Gessner on 290 west. Call Sal and tell him Sean with the Caribbean Blue coupe sent you. 7134628500

Last edited by Footballmania32; 09-29-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Pay a little more and opt for the SPC rear kit instead of the ichiba. One of our members almost drove off a mountain road because his ichiba rear camber arms snapped mid corner. That's reason enough for me to never use anything other than their spacers.

OP, try to find a shop that offers a lifetime alignment. With coils, as you adjust your ride height, it will be very cost effective to have a lifetime alignment. While you're working on suspension, go ahead and inspect your lower control arm bushings. If torn, these will need to be replaced before you can get your car aligned 100%. This is a really common problem on our cars. If youre lucky enough to.not have torn LCA bushings, keep a close eye on them because they have a very very short lifespan on a lowered car. Keep us posted on your suspension progress! I'll snap.a pic of my Z S-techs tomorrow.

Edit: I noticed you're in Houston. What part? Goto Sal's auto sports for a lifetime alignment. Those guys are amazing and do a ton of work for the G/Z community. They are located right before Gessner on 290 west. Call Sal and tell him Sean with the Caribbean Blue coupe sent you. 7134628500
I appreciate the advice. and yeah that def makes me want spc front and rear camber kit haha. I live on the north side, basically the woodlands. I have heard of that shop so when i get closer to that point, im going to def consider them.

So z springs fit on the g? (without any modifications?) Im still learning this stuff but i keep seeing people say that... my buddy told me stock z springs on a g will give you about an inch drop?? is this true? I def wanna see a pic of your car on z s-techs